Windows 10: How to shutdown multiple windows 10 computers remotely

Discus and support How to shutdown multiple windows 10 computers remotely in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello All, In my business we have multiple computers (around 10), which we need to leave running after work, but we don't want to run all night. Up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mountaincabbage, Jul 9, 2018.

1. mountaincabbage Win User

How to shutdown multiple windows 10 computers remotely

Hello All,

In my business we have multiple computers (around 10), which we need to leave running after work, but we don't want to run all night. Up to now I have managed to get by teamviewering in every night and closing them down, but this has become inefficient as the number of PCs has increased.

I've tried scheduling shutdown and turning off the "these programs are still running" screen, but this didn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Sean

:)

mountaincabbage, Jul 9, 2018
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Shutdown

Hi,

To restart or shut down a remote computer and document the reason using the Windows interface, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type shutdown /i to display the Remote Shutdown
      dialog box (Shutdown.exe).
    • Under Computers, click Add to enter computer names, or click
      Browse to open the Find Computers dialog box.
    • Under What do you want these computers to do, click Restart
      or Shut down.
    • Select the appropriate reason for the restart or shutdown from the list.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Akheel Ahmed Win User
    Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 9, 2018
  4. TChampZG Win User

Remote Shutdown

Trying to remotely shutdown a windows 10 machine version 1703 from another windows 10 machine version 1703 on a home network, both local machines are in a workgroup and both machines have the hidden elevated administrators accounts activated on them, have
    made sure that remote registry services are activated and running plus set to automatic on both, have been reading pages and pages of info trying soo many peoples advice and suggestions as well as watching the same amount on youtube but nothing anyone suggests
    works, there must be a certain number of things to check and enable or disable for it to be able to work but nobody on the net seems to know exactly?? If anybody is skilled up enough to exactly know how to enable this and get it to work it would be much appreciated,
    Thanks in advance.

TChampZG, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

1. How to shutdown multiple windows 10 computers remotely - Similar Threads - shutdown multiple computers

2. How to remotely check Disk Space on Windows computers

in Windows 10 News
    How to remotely check Disk Space on Windows computers: [ATTACH] Many people tend to use multiple devices. This includes their smartphones, personal laptops, desktops in offices and homes. Even after a great cloud-based integration with the services like OneDrive, some simple things really need the physical presence of the user...
  3. Computer shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer shutdown: my pc using windows 10 will start fine, but then will unexpectedly close after 5-10 minutes. Then when restarted it runs fine. What is the problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/computer-shutdown/c8d24f1f-8d5b-4a22-972a-26b3a7c05a4c
  4. How to get multiple win10's for multiple computers?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to get multiple win10's for multiple computers?: I have reserved my copy of win10 for my main computer, I have 3 other computers that I want to upgrade as well, do I have to download win10 four different times for the four computers? Thanks TC 6578
  5. Managing a Computer Remotely

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Managing a Computer Remotely: Hello. I am new to this forum, and don't know anything about Windows or administration. I would like to know what I would need to do to manage another Windows computer remotely. This might include the ability to changes settings on the remote machine, update software,...
  6. How to remote connect to a computer not on a local network

How to remote connect to a computer not on a local network: Having after a while managed to remotely connect to my laptop on my local network,which was purely to see if i could do it,i now want to connect to someone else s computer at the other side of town so as i can resolve problems for them.is there any tutorials or advice from...
  7. Remote desktop and multiple monitors in Windows 10

Remote desktop and multiple monitors in Windows 10: In common with many others I was horrified to find that Windows 7 pro, which advertised support for RDP, did not support multiple monitors. I needed Ultimate for that. What's the story in Windows 10? Can I use RDP with multiple monitors in Windows 10 pro? And can I connect...
  8. How to allow remote access to my computer

How to allow remote access to my computer: I tried to allow remote access to my computer but when I opened the remoe tab on the advnced setup only the upper part shown. see the photo. no radio button to choose is shown. How to solve that? 93868
  9. Computer not fully shutdown

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer not fully shutdown: Hello i update my Acer E1-572G to Windows 10 from 8.1. I have a huge problem , when i had windows 8.1 i install some update who keep my computer on when i shut down it but still happening to windows 10 . Any solutions? thanks in advance! 13503
  10. Computer Shutdown During Windows 10 Upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Shutdown During Windows 10 Upgrade: Alrighty peoples...y'all are gonna have fun with this one *Wink So a friend of mine's grandmother is rather computer-illiterate. Her computer started to upgrade to Windows 10 and she (thinking that it would delete all of her data) shutdown the computer halfway through. Now...