Windows 10: How to shutdown multiple windows 10 computers remotely

Discus and support How to shutdown multiple windows 10 computers remotely in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello All, In my business we have multiple computers (around 10), which we need to leave running after work, but we don't want to run all night. Up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mountaincabbage, Jul 9, 2018.

1. How to shutdown multiple windows 10 computers remotely

Hello All,

In my business we have multiple computers (around 10), which we need to leave running after work, but we don't want to run all night. Up to now I have managed to get by teamviewering in every night and closing them down, but this has become inefficient as the number of PCs has increased.

I've tried scheduling shutdown and turning off the "these programs are still running" screen, but this didn't work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Sean

:)

mountaincabbage, Jul 9, 2018
  2. Allan Mej Win User

Shutdown

Hi,

To restart or shut down a remote computer and document the reason using the Windows interface, kindly follow these steps:

• Right-click the Start menu and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type shutdown /i to display the Remote Shutdown
      dialog box (Shutdown.exe).
    • Under Computers, click Add to enter computer names, or click
      Browse to open the Find Computers dialog box.
    • Under What do you want these computers to do, click Restart
      or Shut down.
    • Select the appropriate reason for the restart or shutdown from the list.

Let us know how things goes.

Regards.

Allan Mej, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 9, 2018
  4. TChampZG Win User

How to shutdown multiple windows 10 computers remotely

Remote Shutdown

Trying to remotely shutdown a windows 10 machine version 1703 from another windows 10 machine version 1703 on a home network, both local machines are in a workgroup and both machines have the hidden elevated administrators accounts activated on them, have
    made sure that remote registry services are activated and running plus set to automatic on both, have been reading pages and pages of info trying soo many peoples advice and suggestions as well as watching the same amount on youtube but nothing anyone suggests
    works, there must be a certain number of things to check and enable or disable for it to be able to work but nobody on the net seems to know exactly?? If anybody is skilled up enough to exactly know how to enable this and get it to work it would be much appreciated,
    Thanks in advance.

TChampZG, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

How to shutdown multiple windows 10 computers remotely

1. How to shutdown multiple windows 10 computers remotely - Similar Threads - shutdown multiple computers

2. how to to access device remotely from remote computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to to access device remotely from remote computer?: hello all i need help how to to access device remotely from remote computer?USB from remote computer to OBD2 interface to car. or Ethernet to OBD2like this...
  3. how to to access device remotely from remote computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to to access device remotely from remote computer?: hello all i need help how to to access device remotely from remote computer?USB from remote computer to OBD2 interface to car. or Ethernet to OBD2like this...
  4. Remote Shutdown/Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Shutdown/Restart: I been trying to shutdown and restart a computer that is connected to my network at home and here are the results: Whenever I type shutdown /m \\IP /r /f /c "command" it says: Access is denied.5 I even tried with the command shutdown -i and it said: Faild to connect...
  5. Remote Shutdown/Restart

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remote Shutdown/Restart: I been trying to shutdown and restart a computer that is connected to my network at home and here are the results: Whenever I type shutdown /m \\IP /r /f /c "command" it says: Access is denied.5 I even tried with the command shutdown -i and it said: Faild to connect...
  6. Remote computer no longer accessible due to multiple connections - how to fix?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote computer no longer accessible due to multiple connections - how to fix?: I used to be able to access a remote computer on our family intranet, but now I can't. Here is the error message I get: "\\PCNAME is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource..." "Multiple connections to the server or shared resource by the...
  7. Remote Restarts/Shutdowns

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote Restarts/Shutdowns: Every time i would try to remote restart /shutdown a computer using its public name or IP address it would display one of the three error messages each time: error: Failed to open registry.203 error: Failed to connect to registry.1326 error: Failed to open registry.997...
  8. How to use multiple monitors with the new Windows 10 Remote Desktop app?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to use multiple monitors with the new Windows 10 Remote Desktop app?: This question is not about the ubiquitous RDP client that has been on windows for many years, this question is regarding the new Windows 10 Remote Desktop app, which must have been packaged in an update at some point. The app I'm speaking about can be found on the windows...
  9. Easy Guide: How to Setup Remote Desktop and Connect to a Remote Computer in Windows 10

Easy Guide: How to Setup Remote Desktop and Connect to a Remote Computer in Windows 10: In this article, we show you how to find a remote computer on a network then connect to them using Remote Desktop. Easy Guides are intended to make it easy for users to follow instructions regarding basic tasks in Windows 10. Guides are a single info-graphic that you can...
  10. Remote desktop and multiple monitors in Windows 10

Remote desktop and multiple monitors in Windows 10: In common with many others I was horrified to find that Windows 7 pro, which advertised support for RDP, did not support multiple monitors. I needed Ultimate for that. What's the story in Windows 10? Can I use RDP with multiple monitors in Windows 10 pro? And can I connect...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shutdown.exe multiple remote computer