Windows 10: How to Shutdown, Restart, Sign, Sleep, Hibernate in Windows 11

Discus and support How to Shutdown, Restart, Sign, Sleep, Hibernate in Windows 11 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows 11 is a new iteration of Microsoft Windows. Even though it is not completely different from Windows 10, but there are some changes in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 3, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

How to Shutdown, Restart, Sign, Sleep, Hibernate in Windows 11

How to Shutdown, Restart, Sign, Sleep, Hibernate in Windows 11 Shutdown-Restart-Sign-Sleep-Hibernate-in-Windows-11.png
    Windows 11 is a new iteration of Microsoft Windows. Even though it is not completely different from Windows 10, but there are some changes in the GUI that may confuse you a bit initially. In this guide, we are going to see how to Shutdown, Restart, Sign, Sleep, Hibernate or Switch User in Windows 11. […]

This article How to Shutdown, Restart, Sign, Sleep, Hibernate in Windows 11 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Oct 3, 2021
  2. Louie Del Win User

Sleep,hibernate, and shutdown

Hi,

Usually, Sleep and Hibernate features are used to save power when using a computer. However, hibernate may not be available for all PCs as it was designed for laptops. Regarding your concern, since you’re trying to turn
    off or disable these features, you may follow the step below:

• To turn off Sleep:

Go to Settings > System > Power & sleep. Then, select
      Never from the drop-down list under the Sleep section.

How to Shutdown, Restart, Sign, Sleep, Hibernate in Windows 11 584c0e8c-80cf-4e84-a18c-23b41220f8da?upload=true.png

• To disable Hibernate:
    • Type Command Prompt in the Search box from
      Start
    • Right-click on it, then select Run as administrator.
    • In the Command Prompt window, type powercfg.exe /hibernate off and press
      Enter. Close the window.

We’re just here if you need further help.

Louie Del, Oct 3, 2021
  3. Computuer restarts immediately when trying to hibernate

My laptop has suddenly started automatically restarting when I try to hibernate. I have tried many solutions I found on the internet and this forum.

• I disabled fast restart
    • ran power troubleshooter
    • reset the power plan defaults
    • updated bios
    • tried a repair install
    • disabled hybrid sleep in power settings

I have already updated to v 1909. I am running Win 10 Pro.

The fast start disable fixed the auto restart on shutdown but not or hibernate. Sleep works fine. Please advise what other steps to try.

Jerry Welliver, Oct 3, 2021
  4. How to Shutdown, Restart, Sign, Sleep, Hibernate in Windows 11

Windows 10 shutdown/restart issue

Since last week, my windows is not able to shutdown/restart/hibernate or sleep. Every time I select any of these options, the screen goes black and nothing happens. The keyboard still reacts.I updated to the Windows 10 version 1004 yesterday, still no
    change. I have also tried disabling fast startup and other commonly suggested steps available on the internet. Please help

ArpitPrakash1, Oct 3, 2021
Thema:

How to Shutdown, Restart, Sign, Sleep, Hibernate in Windows 11

1. How to Shutdown, Restart, Sign, Sleep, Hibernate in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Shutdown Restart Sign

2. Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep?: I'm using AMD laptop. Which is best to use? Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep? I heard Macbook are recommended to use Sleep, Does it same to Windows laptop? Which three consume more and least power?...
  3. Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep?: I'm using AMD laptop. Which is best to use? Hibernate, Shutdown or Sleep? I heard Macbook are recommended to use Sleep, Does it same to Windows laptop? Which three consume more and least power?...
  4. Random restarts after sleep or hibernate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random restarts after sleep or hibernate: Hi I've been having an issue on Windows 10 whereby my laptop randomly restarts after either sleep or hibernate mode. There don't seem to be any hardware issues detected. Additionally the event log displays the following errorThe computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The...
  5. My laptop can't shutdown/sleep/hibernate, only restarts

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop can't shutdown/sleep/hibernate, only restarts: Hello! I've been having this problem where my laptop can't shutdown. If I press shutdown, it only restarts. If I press sleep, it restarts too, same with hibernate. For now I just force shutdown my laptop by pressing and holding the power button. Please help. My laptop's...
  6. Abrupt shutdown during sleep mode and hibernation

Abrupt shutdown during sleep mode and hibernation: Hey champs, need your support to fix this annoying issue with my laptop. Abrupt shutdown happens while laptop is in sleep mode due to inactivity. It even happens at times when I press power button to hibernate. While laptop is being actively used no such issue occurs. Have...
  7. Sleep and Hibernate mode restart

Sleep and Hibernate mode restart: How do I wake my desktop back up after I put it into Sleep or Hibernate mode? It seems I always have to completely restart my computer and I don't want that....
  8. Unable to shutdown/sleep/hibernate (windows 10)

Unable to shutdown/sleep/hibernate (windows 10): I have new HP Spectre x360 and from begining I am not able to shut it down or sleep or hibernate. It shut down and after 3-4 seconds boots backup again. I have already spent 3 days with solving it and i tried everything what i found on internet. I tried: - intel management...
  9. Unable to shutdown/sleep/hibernate

Unable to shutdown/sleep/hibernate: I have new HP Spectre x360 and from begining I am not able to shut it down or sleep or hibernate. It shut down and after 3-4 seconds boots backup again. I have already spent 3 days with solving it and i tried everything what i found on internet. I tried: - intel management...
  10. Driver Power State Failure on Sleep, Hibernate, Restart or Shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Driver Power State Failure on Sleep, Hibernate, Restart or Shutdown: Hi, Every time I try to put put my laptop to sleep, hibernate, restart it or shutdown, it stalls for about 10 minutes before giving me a Driver Power State Failure. Having installed "WhoCrashed" and "Windbg", I was able to determine it was related to "ntkrnlmp.exe",...