Windows 10: How to sign in account in file explorer?

Discus and support How to sign in account in file explorer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I see this in my file explorer when I open it. It says "account disconnected," and when I click on that, it forces me to sign in with an account that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hoàng Anh Nguyễn 213, Jun 12, 2024.

1. How to sign in account in file explorer?

I see this in my file explorer when I open it. It says "account disconnected," and when I click on that, it forces me to sign in with an account that I don't use anymore. I tried to sign in with my current account, but there was no option for that. Please help me!

:)

Hoàng Anh Nguyễn 213, Jun 12, 2024
  2. larrbeau Win User

File Explorer Sign in - defaults to secondary account rather than primary account

Hello and thanks for reaching out for support. My name is Larribeau, I'm a Microsoft expert and a regular user like you. I'll be happy to help you out today.

Yes, you can Colin. You change the account that is being used to sign in to File Explorer in Windows 11. Here are the steps to do so:

Open File Explorer.
    Click on the "Please sign in" notice.
    In the "Sign in" window, click on the "Use another account" link.
    Enter the email address and password for the account that you want to use to sign in to File Explorer.
    If prompted, enter the two-factor authentication code for the account.
    Click on "Sign in".
    Once you have signed in with the correct account, it should be used by default the next time you open File Explorer. If you want to switch to a different account later on, you can follow the same steps and enter the credentials for that account.

Note that the account you use to sign in to File Explorer may affect the permissions and access that you have to files and folders on your computer or network. If you encounter any issues with file or folder access, you may need to adjust the permissions or ownership settings for those items

larrbeau, Jun 12, 2024
  3. signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 12, 2024
Thema:

How to sign in account in file explorer?

1. How to sign in account in file explorer? - Similar Threads - sign account file

2. How to sign in account in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign in account in file explorer?: I see this in my file explorer when I open it. It says "account disconnected," and when I click on that, it forces me to sign in with an account that I don't use anymore. I tried to sign in with my current account, but there was no option for that. Please help me!...
  3. File explorer want me to sign in an account that dosen't exist.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer want me to sign in an account that dosen't exist.: I am on windows 11 22H2 and in file explorer there text that say i need to sign in, when i click on it it show me a pop up that want me to put the password of an account that i don't have acess, how can i remove it? the account that it want me to sign in dosen't show in...
  4. File explorer want me to sign in an account that dosen't exist.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer want me to sign in an account that dosen't exist.: I am on windows 11 22H2 and in file explorer there text that say i need to sign in, when i click on it it show me a pop up that want me to put the password of an account that i don't have acess, how can i remove it? the account that it want me to sign in dosen't show in...
  5. "Please sign in" on file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Please sign in" on file explorer: On files explorer, I see "Please sign in" and when i click on it, it is my friend's account, not mine account. I wonder if I do click on it, can my friends access my private desktop files, games, research reports, or is it just one drive files? Please respond....
  6. "Please sign in" on file explorer

"Please sign in" on file explorer: On files explorer, I see "Please sign in" and when i click on it, it is my friend's account, not mine account. I wonder if I do click on it, can my friends access my private desktop files, games, research reports, or is it just one drive files? Please respond....
  7. File Explorer Sign in - defaults to secondary account rather than primary account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Sign in - defaults to secondary account rather than primary account: I see a "Please sign in" notice in File Explorer, but when I click on it to do so, it defaults to a secondary account I sometimes use and not the account I typically use for logging into Windows or Microsoft services.Can I change this?...
  8. File Explorer Sign in - defaults to secondary account rather than primary account

File Explorer Sign in - defaults to secondary account rather than primary account: I see a "Please sign in" notice in File Explorer, but when I click on it to do so, it defaults to a secondary account I sometimes use and not the account I typically use for logging into Windows or Microsoft services.Can I change this?...
  9. Sign in to Windows File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in to Windows File Explorer: With the recent new update, in my windows PC it's asking me to sign in to windows explorer, but on trying to sign in, it's asking me to sign in with my Hotmail account, instead I wish to sign in via my 'Outlook account'. Pls. advice....
  10. Sign in to Windows File Explorer

Sign in to Windows File Explorer: With the recent new update, in my windows PC it's asking me to sign in to windows explorer, but on trying to sign in, it's asking me to sign in with my Hotmail account, instead I wish to sign in via my 'Outlook account'. Pls. advice....