Windows 10: How to Sign in and Sign out of Microsoft Edge Chromium

Discus and support How to Sign in and Sign out of Microsoft Edge Chromium in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: How to Sign in and Sign out of Microsoft Edge Chromium How to Sign in and Sign out of Microsoft Edge Chromium Microsoft has adopted the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

How to Sign in and Sign out of Microsoft Edge Chromium

How to: How to Sign in and Sign out of Microsoft Edge Chromium

Microsoft has adopted the Chromium open source project in the development of Microsoft Edge on the desktop to create better web compatibility. This new Microsoft Edge runs on the same Chromium web engine as the Google Chrome browser, offering you best in class web compatibility and performance.

Microsoft has also introduced a new Microsoft Edge logo that is designed to capture the waves of innovation that they plan to bring to you.

Currently, the new Chromium based Microsoft Edge web browser is only available to download and install as a Microsoft Edge Insider. General availability to the public is expected to be on January 15, 2020 in more than 90 languages.

The new Microsoft Edge will be supported on all versions of Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server (2016 and above), Windows Server (2008 R2 to 2012 R2), and macOS.

See also:
    You can sign in to Microsoft Edge to create and add a profile. You can sign in with your Microsoft account or your work/school account.

When you sign in to Microsoft Edge, you can turn on to have Microsoft Edge sync your history, favorites, passwords, and other browser data across all devices you are signed in to Microsoft Edge with the same account.

When you sign in to Microsoft Edge, you will also be signed in automatically to other Microsoft websites for the same account.

This tutorial will show you how to sign in and sign out of the Chromium based Microsoft Edge with a Microsoft account or work/school account.

Contents
    • Option One: Sign in to Microsoft Edge from Personal icon on Toolbar
    • Option Two: Sign in to Microsoft Edge from Microsoft Edge Profiles Settings
    • Option Three: Sign out of Microsoft Edge from Microsoft Edge Profiles Settings

OPTION ONE [/i] Sign in to Microsoft Edge from Personal icon on Toolbar
    When you sign in to an account in Microsoft Edge, it will add the account as an available profile in Microsoft Edge.

1 Open Microsoft Edge.

2 Click/tap on the Personal (user) icon on the toolbar, and click/tap on Sign in. (see screenshot below)

How to Sign in and Sign out of Microsoft Edge Chromium [​IMG]

3 Select the Microsoft account or Work or school account you want to use to sign in to Microsoft Edge, and click/tap on Continue. (see screenshots below)

If you do not have an account to select, you can click/tap on Microsoft account or Work or school account under Use a different account, and click/tap on Continue to add or create one.

4 You can now click/tap on Customize (select what to sync), Sync (turn on sync all), or No, thanks (turn off sync) for what you want to sync your profile. (see screenshot below)

OPTION TWO [/i] Sign in to Microsoft Edge from Microsoft Edge Profiles Settings
    When you sign in to an account in Microsoft Edge, it will add the account as an available profile in Microsoft Edge.

1 Open Microsoft Edge.

2 Click/tap on the Settings and more (Alt+F) 3 dots menu icon, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

3 Click/tap on the Profiles on the left side, and click/tap on Sign in on the right side. (see screenshot below)

4 Select the Microsoft account or Work or school account you want to use to sign in to Microsoft Edge, and click/tap on Continue. (see screenshots below)

If you do not have an account to select, you can click/tap on Microsoft account or Work or school account under Use a different account, and click/tap on Continue to add or create one.

5 You can now click/tap on Customize (select what to sync), Sync (turn on sync all), or No, thanks (turn off sync) for what you want to sync your profile. (see screenshot below)

OPTION THREE [/i] Sign out of Microsoft Edge from Microsoft Edge Profiles Settings
    When you sign out of an account in Microsoft Edge, it will remove the account as an available profile from Microsoft Edge.

1 Open Microsoft Edge.

2 If you have multiple profiles in Microsoft Edge, then click/tap on the Personal (user) icon on the toolbar, and click/tap on the profile you want to sign out (remove). (see screenshot below)

3 Click/tap on the Settings and more (Alt+F) 3 dots menu icon, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

4 Click/tap on the Profiles on the left side, and click/tap on Sign out on the right side. (see screenshot below)

5 Check or uncheck Clear favorites, history, passwords, and other browsing data from this device for what you want for this account, and click/tap on Sign out. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

:)

Brink, Jul 31, 2018
  2. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. How to Sign in and Sign out of Microsoft Edge Chromium :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Oct 27, 2019
  3. signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 27, 2019
  4. How to Sign in and Sign out of Microsoft Edge Chromium

Edge Chromium

Hi Garrett

I am an independent advisor here to help

the new chromium-based edge browser is still in development. If you would like to try it you can by signing up as an edge insider at the following link

Microsoft Edge Insider

TechGuy_82, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 27, 2019
  6. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. How to Sign in and Sign out of Microsoft Edge Chromium - Similar Threads - Sign Sign Microsoft

2. Sign in on microsoft edge to comment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sign in on microsoft edge to comment: Signed in to my account on the website. Meaning all of my rewards and account information shows up when I click any of the associated icons but when I want to comment on an article I get "sign in on microsoft edge". I am signed in to the website already so I can only assume...
  3. Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in: I have two PC's that I want to use in kiosk mode for the Edge Chromium browser. However, I want them to remain signed into a restricted Office 365 account so that they can access SharePoint online. Is there any way to do this?I don't care if they're not in kiosk mode, but...
  4. Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in: I have two PC's that I want to use in kiosk mode for the Edge Chromium browser. However, I want them to remain signed into a restricted Office 365 account so that they can access SharePoint online. Is there any way to do this?I don't care if they're not in kiosk mode, but...
  5. Edge Chromium kiosk mode sign in

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge Chromium?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/XpenEnvy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fix13r/how_to_uninstall_microsoft_edge_chromium/
  7. Microsoft Edge Chromium

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft Edge Chromium: Thought I would just mention that you can use Edge as a photo and text viewer, just drag and drop, have tried with .png, .gif, .jpg and .txt and those work fine. Haven't tried with videos yet but will experiment later. Videos are copied to download folder then if you click...
  8. New Chromium Edge and Google Sign In

in Browsers and Email
    New Chromium Edge and Google Sign In: Trying out the new Chromium Edge and it won't let me sign into anything google. Keeps coming up with the following error. I have checked all the settings and everything looks ok. Hope someone can help.Thanks in advance. [img] 149287
  9. Edge Chromium - Can't sign in because admin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge Chromium - Can't sign in because admin: I thought I'd give the new Edge browser a try on my work PC, but I'm not able to sign in because my domain account is a local admin? Is there a way around this? I'm in a domain group that gives you local admin to any domain machine. Is my only option to take myself out of...
  10. microsoft sign in sign out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    microsoft sign in sign out: when I sign in to mircosoft account and after my work complete do I need to keep sign or sign out to stay away from hacker https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-sign-in-sign-out/6a94932c-d8eb-4b7d-aec1-94e215515968"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign out of google account on edge

2. how to sign out of google account on microsoft edge

3. microsoft edge chromium sign out

4. log out of edge app,
  5. logoff microsoft edge,
  6. how to sign out of microsoft edge 2020,
  7. how to sign out of microsoft edge,
  8. how to sign in to ms edge,
  9. sign out of microsoft account on edge,
  10. edge logoff