Windows 10: how to sign in to a another local account on windows 10

Discus and support how to sign in to a another local account on windows 10 in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi i have windows 10 and i didn sign in to my microsoft account and am on a local accounthow do i sign in to a another local account via username and... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ArazIsNotHere, Nov 22, 2022.

1. how to sign in to a another local account on windows 10

Hi i have windows 10 and i didn sign in to my microsoft account and am on a local accounthow do i sign in to a another local account via username and password

:)

ArazIsNotHere, Nov 22, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Nov 22, 2022
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Nov 22, 2022
  4. how to sign in to a another local account on windows 10

"Sign in with local account" button is not working.

Hi,

Failure to sign in to your local account can be related to how the user permission is configured on your device. To effectively assist you with your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type winver
      in the search box and press Enter to help you identify.
    • Have you made any recent changes on your device prior to your concern?

As an initial step, we suggest that you create a new user and check if you'll be able to sign in to your local account from there. To create a new user, you can follow the steps provided on this

link

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Nov 22, 2022
Thema:

how to sign in to a another local account on windows 10

1. how to sign in to a another local account on windows 10 - Similar Threads - sign another local

2. how to sign in to a another local account on windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to sign in to a another local account on windows 10: Hi i have windows 10 and i didn sign in to my microsoft account and am on a local accounthow do i sign in to a another local account via username and password...
  3. how to sign in to a another local account on windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to sign in to a another local account on windows 10: Hi i have windows 10 and i didn sign in to my microsoft account and am on a local accounthow do i sign in to a another local account via username and password...
  4. How to delete another local account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to delete another local account?: I have this issue where I was not able to update Adobe software on my first account. Support told me to open a new local account and try instaling Adobe software there. So I did that and now I want to delete the first account, because: I don't need it, it's slower than the...
  5. Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in with local account or Microsoft Account: What are the advantages of signing into my Win 10 PC using a Microsoft account versus I have been using a local account. What do I gain by using the Microsoft account?...
  6. Can’t sign into another account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t sign into another account: Hi I would really love some help on this because I went through 3 Microsoft support employees who were completely useless. My issue is that my brother got a pc yesterday, I wanted to make another user so I could have one as well and when I add my email it says that it needs...
  7. How to sign in to a local account

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to sign in to a local account: When I go to Start>Settings>Accounts>My Info, the 'sign in with a local account instead' button isn't there. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-in-to-a-local-account/f55fb102-ef11-4871-b38a-6831bd044fbd
  8. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  9. Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Account Sign in or Local Account Sign in?: Hi all, Im curious and interested to know how the rest of Tenforums members sign in to their laptops/PC's? In my case I only have one device with Windows 10..and thats my laptop. My only other device is a Smartphone which is Android. Im always trying to decide which is the...
  10. Local account and signing into Windows Store

Local account and signing into Windows Store: I used a local account, not my Microsoft account, when signing into my computer when it had Windows 8.1, and that's also the case after installing Windows 10. When I try to sign into the Windows Store with my MS account, I get a message that says "sign into this device for...