Windows 10: How to Sign In to Microsoft Account without Saving it as Windows Account?

Discus and support How to Sign In to Microsoft Account without Saving it as Windows Account? in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi, I wish to download a Windows Store app, when I signed in to the store using my Microsoft Account - I cloud download the app but it added the... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AdivPasha, Nov 19, 2018.

1. AdivPasha Win User

How to Sign In to Microsoft Account without Saving it as Windows Account?

Hi,

I wish to download a Windows Store app, when I signed in to the store using my Microsoft Account - I cloud download the app but it added the account to the Windows settings, so I have the same password as my MS account and sync settings.

I removed it from Windows but I still need to download some apps, but without changing the entire windows account.

In iOS, I can go to Settings, then App Store settings and just there sign in, without having to use the account for the whole iPhone/iPad (for this you can go to the iCloud settings).

In short: I only want to sign in specifically to the Windows Store, not to do so in Windows 10 itself.

:)

AdivPasha, Nov 19, 2018
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to Sign In to Microsoft Account without Saving it as Windows Account? :(

Zakin, Nov 19, 2018
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Nov 19, 2018
  4. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. How to Sign In to Microsoft Account without Saving it as Windows Account? :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

1. How to Sign In to Microsoft Account without Saving it as Windows Account? - Similar Threads - Sign Microsoft Account

2. How can I change or remove the microsoft account without the "Sign in with a local account...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change or remove the microsoft account without the "Sign in with a local account...: I cannot change or remove the signed in microsoft account on my device. When I search for my issue I find in many vidoes or articles an option I do not have which is the "Sign in with a local account instead" option. Instead it asks me to verify my identity using a code sent...
  3. How can I change or remove the microsoft account without the "Sign in with a local account...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I change or remove the microsoft account without the "Sign in with a local account...: I cannot change or remove the signed in microsoft account on my device. When I search for my issue I find in many vidoes or articles an option I do not have which is the "Sign in with a local account instead" option. Instead it asks me to verify my identity using a code sent...
  4. How to sign in without a work or school account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign in without a work or school account: After restring my laptop it ask for a work or school account to sign in and I don’t have one and I can’t bypass this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-in-without-a-work-or-school-account/91764a00-db2b-478c-919e-b2a2e048fbb4
  5. How to sign in without a work or school account

How to sign in without a work or school account: After restring my laptop it ask for a work or school account to sign in and I don’t have one and I can’t bypass this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-in-without-a-work-or-school-account/91764a00-db2b-478c-919e-b2a2e048fbb4
  6. How to clear saved sign in accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clear saved sign in accounts: How would I clear useless, saved sign in accounts:This is on the minecraft launcher, my friends gave me their accounts but I don't need them saved anymore, how would I clear this list?...
  7. How to clear saved sign in accounts

How to clear saved sign in accounts: How would I clear useless, saved sign in accounts:This is on the minecraft launcher, my friends gave me their accounts but I don't need them saved anymore, how would I clear this list?...
  8. How to sign in to Windows with a Microsoft account, but without using a password?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to sign in to Windows with a Microsoft account, but without using a password?: I'm currently using a Local account on Windows and I haven't set up a password because I don't want to. I just start my PC and it brings me to the desktop right away. Now I want to link my Windows license to my Microsoft account, but for that I have to sign in to Windows with...
  9. Sign in without school account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign in without school account: My windows 10 laptop keeps prompting me to sign in with my work or school microsoft account, but I don't have one anymore, and this is my laptop not my school's. How do I get it to stop asking me?...
  10. How to not sign into Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to not sign into Microsoft account: So i am in the near future going to update my grandparents laptop to windows 10 with the media creation tool (from win 7) and they don't have or want a Microsoft account and make it to theres no password because they don't want one I am saying this because I was doing the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sign without saving to desktop

2. sing into apps windows without saving user name