Windows 10: How to sign in to Windows with a Microsoft account, but without using a password?

Discus and support How to sign in to Windows with a Microsoft account, but without using a password? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I'm currently using a Local account on Windows and I haven't set up a password because I don't want to. I just start my PC and it brings me to the... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rex010, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Rex010 Win User

How to sign in to Windows with a Microsoft account, but without using a password?

I'm currently using a Local account on Windows and I haven't set up a password because I don't want to. I just start my PC and it brings me to the desktop right away. Now I want to link my Windows license to my Microsoft account, but for that I have to sign in to Windows with my MS account instead of a Local account. But I have read that if you do that, you need to enter your MS account password every time you start your computer.

My question: Is there a way that I can link my MS account to my Windows and it won't ask me my MS account password every time I start my computer?

:)

Rex010, Jan 28, 2021

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jan 28, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Sign in with a Microsoft account instead

Hello Wally, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

It sounds like this is at step 7 in the tutorial below where it's asking you to enter your local account's password one last time.

Switch to Microsoft Account in Windows 10

Brink, Jan 28, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

How to sign in to Windows with a Microsoft account, but without using a password?

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup  

Hello sciencegal, How to sign in to Windows with a Microsoft account, but without using a password? :)

You can have Windows automatically sign in to a local account or Microsoft account. It doesn't matter.

Is you account listed more than once in netplwiz? Double check to make sure that you have selected the correct account in step 3 Option 1.

The password is case sensitive, so be sure to enter it exactly for it to work properly.

Brink, Jan 28, 2021
Thema:

1. How to sign in to Windows with a Microsoft account, but without using a password? - Similar Threads - sign Microsoft account

2. How to sign into computer using Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign into computer using Microsoft account password: My hard disk was changed in windows laptop. When I signed in to Microsoft account it again showing me the pop up of sign in to this computer using your Microsoft account. Even if I give the same password it isn’t accepting nor can I select any other option as there is none....
  3. How to sign into computer using Microsoft account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to sign into computer using Microsoft account password: My hard disk was changed in windows laptop. When I signed in to Microsoft account it again showing me the pop up of sign in to this computer using your Microsoft account. Even if I give the same password it isn’t accepting nor can I select any other option as there is none....
  4. How to use Microsoft Account's password to sign in Windows 11 with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use Microsoft Account's password to sign in Windows 11 with Remote Desktop: Hi,During installing Windows 11, I logged in with my Microsoft Account Current account with 2FA no password required , the installation setup suggested I create a pin code for login, so I did, but there is a problem, I could not sign in with Remote Desktop either with pin...
  5. How to use Microsoft Account's password to sign in Windows 11 with Remote Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use Microsoft Account's password to sign in Windows 11 with Remote Desktop: Hi,During installing Windows 11, I logged in with my Microsoft Account Current account with 2FA no password required , the installation setup suggested I create a pin code for login, so I did, but there is a problem, I could not sign in with Remote Desktop either with pin...
  6. Microsoft account without password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account without password: First of all, sorry for bad english I was wondering if it is possible to have a microsoft account on pc and make it so it doesn't require password to login or do anything with admin privlages? I know that it poses a risk to privacy, and it is not a good practise to have...
  7. How to use OneNote without signing into a Windows account?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to use OneNote without signing into a Windows account?: I had a hard enough time trying to figure out how to use my laptop without logging into a Microsoft account, and I am realizing now that I am being forced to log into my account in order to use OneNote. Why can't they let people just use software on a local account without...
  8. How to sign into windows without using a password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to sign into windows without using a password: I used to be able to wake my computer up from sleep mode and the login screen would appear but it wouldn't require me to type in my password, but now it does. I check under netplwiz to see if the option user must enter a user name and password to use this computer got check...
  9. How to Sign In to Microsoft Account without Saving it as Windows Account?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to Sign In to Microsoft Account without Saving it as Windows Account?: Hi, I wish to download a Windows Store app, when I signed in to the store using my Microsoft Account - I cloud download the app but it added the account to the Windows settings, so I have the same password as my MS account and sync settings. I removed it from Windows but I...
  10. i can't sign in using microsoft account password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    i can't sign in using microsoft account password: [ATTACH] well.. I saved a separate password which I forgot . the below is first. the above one is second. [ATTACH] please help me with this.......