Windows 10: How to sign into my account rather than hers' on our computer?

Discus and support How to sign into my account rather than hers' on our computer? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My wife and I share a PC in our home office. When we first purchased the computer, she listed herself as the administrator so when I try to change to... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by DouglasWoodall Sr, May 3, 2022.

1. How to sign into my account rather than hers' on our computer?

My wife and I share a PC in our home office. When we first purchased the computer, she listed herself as the administrator so when I try to change to my account rather than hers', I do not see a way to accomplish getting onto my account. Suggestions?

:)

DouglasWoodall Sr, May 3, 2022

2. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, May 3, 2022
  3. Teokute Win User
    Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. How to sign into my account rather than hers' on our computer? :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, May 3, 2022
  4. How to sign into my account rather than hers' on our computer?

signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 3, 2022
Thema:

How to sign into my account rather than hers' on our computer?

1. How to sign into my account rather than hers' on our computer? - Similar Threads - sign account rather

2. File Explorer Sign in - defaults to secondary account rather than primary account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Sign in - defaults to secondary account rather than primary account: I see a "Please sign in" notice in File Explorer, but when I click on it to do so, it defaults to a secondary account I sometimes use and not the account I typically use for logging into Windows or Microsoft services.Can I change this?...
  3. File Explorer Sign in - defaults to secondary account rather than primary account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Sign in - defaults to secondary account rather than primary account: I see a "Please sign in" notice in File Explorer, but when I click on it to do so, it defaults to a secondary account I sometimes use and not the account I typically use for logging into Windows or Microsoft services.Can I change this?...
  4. How to sign into my account rather than hers' on our computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign into my account rather than hers' on our computer?: My wife and I share a PC in our home office. When we first purchased the computer, she listed herself as the administrator so when I try to change to my account rather than hers', I do not see a way to accomplish getting onto my account. Suggestions?...
  5. How to sign into my account rather than hers' on our computer?

How to sign into my account rather than hers' on our computer?: My wife and I share a PC in our home office. When we first purchased the computer, she listed herself as the administrator so when I try to change to my account rather than hers', I do not see a way to accomplish getting onto my account. Suggestions?...
  6. Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child

Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child: Hi.When I set up my new laptop, it is assuming that my son Tom Ashford is the administrator as my email is assigned to his Microsoft account. I am Leanne Ashford and I also have a Microsoft account. How do I change the administrator from my son to myself?Thank you...
  7. Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child

Changing the administrator to adult account rather than child: Hi,When I set up my new laptop, it is assuming that my son is the administrator as my email is assigned to his Microsoft account. I also have a Microsoft account. How do I change the administrator from my son to myself?Thank you....
  8. Change startup to sign into Microsoft account rather than local account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change startup to sign into Microsoft account rather than local account: I recently had my operating system reinstalled and it was set to sign in as a local account with my name. By using Settings>Users, I've set it to log into my Microsoft account, and with Run>netplwiz, to log in without sign it. Problem is seems to log into my local...
  9. MS Account as supplementary rather than Primary

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    MS Account as supplementary rather than Primary: Hi. I got a new W10 Pro PC. I want an MS Account added, so I can access the App Store etc, but I don't want it to be become my primary login and take over my entire PC. Is this possible? 45530
  10. How to boot to login screen rather than account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to boot to login screen rather than account?: I've built a new PC last week, and installed Windows 10 to it (upgraded from a legitimate 7). Now I've made several accounts for me and someone else (work, play etc) and now I have an issue logging in. Whenever I (re)boot the PC, it boots straight into the last used...