How to sign/log out

Discus and support How to sign/log out in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Occasionally a change made with a program requires you to log/sign out and back in before it will take effect. I use TweakUI to remove the arrows from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CalBear37, May 21, 2015.

1. CalBear37 Win User

Occasionally a change made with a program requires you to log/sign out and back in before it will take effect. I use TweakUI to remove the arrows from the desktop shortcuts. (Yes, I know there are other ways.) I'm on Build 10122 and when I went to log out I couldn't find a way to do it. In Win 8 its a shutdown option. I'm the administrator, only user, and login is set to automatic so that may be why the option to logout is not available. Of course I can (and did) reboot but that takes much longer. How do I logout in Win 10?

:)

CalBear37, May 21, 2015
  2. Milit Betai Win User

how do I log out or sign out of the Windows phone 8 app store?

i use the nokia lumia 920 and was wondering how to log out or sign out of the app store on my phone.

i couldn't find anyway to do that.

help me out here...thanks..

Milit Betai, May 21, 2015
  3. Entegy Win User
    how do I log out or sign out of the Windows phone 8 app store?

You cannot remove the primary Microsoft account from the phone without a hard reset. This account is used for many integrated services such as app purchasing, Xbox Music Pass, Xbox Live, contacts, calendars, backup, etc.

Entegy, May 21, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

How to sign/log out

Left click on Start:

[​IMG]

Right click on Start:

[​IMG]

Edwin, May 21, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    I noticed there is no "Switch User" any more. When did that go away?

Ah! Start10 from Stardock puts it back. Another + for them.

Ztruker, May 21, 2015
  6. topgundcp Win User
    ctrl+alt+delete

topgundcp, May 21, 2015
  7. Ztruker Win User
    Ah, thanks. I wonder how long before they remove that?

Ztruker, May 22, 2015
  8. linw Win User

How to sign/log out

ctrl-alt-del - yes! It's been around for MANY years, now. Can still get you out of a hung comp situation.

9. Mystere Win User
    Why would they remove it?

Mystere, May 23, 2015
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Betas me but they've removed, or moved so many other things I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Ztruker, May 23, 2015
  11. GQMax Win User
    I like the way MS set this up.

GQMax, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

How to sign/log out

How to sign/log out - Similar Threads - sign log

Forum Date

how to add sign out/log off to power menu using Group Policy

how to add sign out/log off to power menu using Group Policy: Hi All, Could someone please provide some ideas. We have just upgraded a bunch of users to windows10. And we need to sign out/log off/lock screen from time to time. But this is not obvious in the default desktop layout and these options not available in the power menu....
Windows 10 Customization Jun 9, 2016

How Do I Change my Log On / Sign In Password?

How Do I Change my Log On / Sign In Password?: I am able to change the password on my administrator email account. I am able to change the passwords on my user email accounts. I am not able to change the password for logging on or signing in to Windows 10 Pro when I boot my computer in the morning. (Please don't tell me...
User Accounts and Family Safety Sep 4, 2017

Can't sign in - log on missing

Can't sign in - log on missing: When turning on my laptop, it goes normaly, but i cant log in, the profile picture and the bar where the password is typed is gone. Already tried restarting 3 times and opening in safe mode and logged in from there, run chkdsk and restart. But still i cant log in , in...
User Accounts and Family Safety Jan 23, 2017

How to resolve not being able to log out and sign in to an other acc

How to resolve not being able to log out and sign in to an other acc: So I got 4 user accounts on my pc but I want to be only signed in to 1 acc max. So say I'm logged in to acc "Gamer" and want to log out and log in to acc "Webmaster". I'm unable to do so. I'm signed in to Webmaster AND Gamer. Consuming thus alot more pc resources for no...
User Accounts and Family Safety Mar 19, 2017

Logs in for split second, welcomes me then force signs me out

Logs in for split second, welcomes me then force signs me out: Hi, I have Windows 10 Pro pcs on a network and 1 pc only will not allow me to login using my active directory login. I input my user and pass on this 1 win 10 pc, it appears to accept it and then immediately signs me out. I deleted the user folder in the C: thinking the...
User Accounts and Family Safety Sep 27, 2016

Immediately re-logs in following signing out.

Immediately re-logs in following signing out.: Hi, When I log out of an account (Administrator or otherwise), instead of being presented with the lock-screen I am immediately logged back into the same account. Google finds plenty of info regarding the opposite - i.e. immediately signing out - but not the problem I'm...
User Accounts and Family Safety Jan 16, 2016

Local account log in problem - "Signing Off" endless loop

Local account log in problem - "Signing Off" endless loop: Recently upgraded my Toshiba Satellite NB 10A-laptop from Windows 8.1 to Win 10 and have been logging in via my Hotmail account. Went to settings to set up Local Account, completed the password settings. Then had the choice to Sign Off or Cancel. Chose Sign Off (thinking...
User Accounts and Family Safety Jan 20, 2016
How to sign/log out solved