Windows 10: How to sign out of Microsoft account in Windows10?

Discus and support How to sign out of Microsoft account in Windows10? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I recently made the mistake of logging into my Microsoft account from my local Windows 10 account, without realizing that Microsoft would essentially... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Warp Roxxorz, Jul 26, 2020.

1. How to sign out of Microsoft account in Windows10?

I recently made the mistake of logging into my Microsoft account from my local Windows 10 account, without realizing that Microsoft would essentially hijack this account and wouldn't let me log out of it and convert it back to a local account. From everything I can see, it appears that by making your local Windows 10 account a Microsoft account, ie. logging to your Microsoft account from your local account, is an irreversible process. You cannot go back. You cannot revert your account to be a local account anymore, and now you are completely stuck.

There is a "sign in with a local account instead" option in the "Accounts" settings, but this only allows you to create anew local account with a different name, not convert your existing account back to a local one. If you try to convert your existing account back, Windows doesn't allow you. It just says "Windows is already using that name. Please choose a different name."

So, essentially, you have kind of lost your original local account forever. It's now a Microsoft account, period. There's no going back. And Windows doesn't make this clear if you make the mistake of logging into your Microsoft account from your local account. There is no big warning like "if you log into your Microsoft account from here, you will not be able to revert the process and make this into a local account again".

What's more obnoxious, now that your account is a Microsoft one and not a local one, there's no password login anymore. The only option is a pin number, and that's it. No login and password for you, sucks being you. Your original password is gone, and you can't use it anymore. I suppose you could enable letters and symbols in your pin, but it's still not a login password.

Is there really no way to reverse the process? Now my Windows 10 local account has been converted into a Microsoft account for the rest of eternity, and that's it. Sucks being me, for making the mistake of logging into my Microsoft account? My only option is to create a fresh new local account with a different name?

:)

Warp Roxxorz, Jul 26, 2020
  2. Teokute Win User

Cannot sign in microsoft account.

My device: Lumia 520. GDR2.
    I cannot sign in my Microsoft account on my device. It didnt say any error but Microsoft account is not listed in Email and account list. When I click add button, it will show microsoft account option but after press sign in, it is still not shown in email
    and account. Another problem is i cannot delete facebook account. Error code: 0x83cf1202. I have tried as suggested here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2475837/en-us#step0x83cf1202 but as my Microsoft account is not shown, I cannot do step 6. How to sign out of Microsoft account in Windows10? :(

Any suggestion?

Teokute, Jul 26, 2020
  3. sign into microsoft account glitch

Hi Micheal,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

• Is this the only account on the computer?
    • Was this account upgraded from previous version of Windows?

It looks like you are using a local account. I suggest you follow these steps:

• Click on search in taskbar and type account.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • Now, under Your account, click on Sign in with Microsoft account instead.
    • Enter your Local account password for confirmation and then follow the screen instruction.
    • Enter User name credentials for your the new Microsoft account and click OK.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Waseemulla S, Jul 26, 2020
  4. How to sign out of Microsoft account in Windows10?

signing into microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us. We apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Accounts.
    • In the left pane, click on sign-in options.
    • In the right pane select Never from the drop down list for the option
      Require sign-in.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

How to sign out of Microsoft account in Windows10?

1. How to sign out of Microsoft account in Windows10? - Similar Threads - sign Microsoft account

2. Account/sign-out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account/sign-out: I sign out of my account and when I do a search on a topic and the search takes me to an answer by the community center I see that I am signed in.Shouldn't I be signing in first before I view the answer that particular answer?Kenneth...
  3. How to sign out of your Microsoft account on Windows 10?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to sign out of your Microsoft account on Windows 10?: Hey guys, I'm aware that I'm suppose to go to account settings and press sign in with local account but it doesn't showand yes I'm admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-out-of-your-microsoft-account-on/257e9967-fcd6-4261-b3f1-217d68f90f04
  4. How to sign out of your Microsoft account on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to sign out of your Microsoft account on Windows 10?: Hey guys, I'm aware that I'm suppose to go to account settings and press sign in with local account but it doesn't showand yes I'm admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sign-out-of-your-microsoft-account-on/257e9967-fcd6-4261-b3f1-217d68f90f04
  5. How to sign out of your Microsoft account on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Sign out Microsoft account

Sign out Microsoft account: Hi, I have three laptops connected to the same Microsoft account. How can I log out of the Microsoft account on one of the laptops. When I received it, it didn't have a Microsoft account on it, and I want it to stay that way. That is, in Start at account setting, there...
  7. How do I sign out of my Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I sign out of my Microsoft account: I had to borrow a computer which had a local account on it, when I signed into Microsoft word (which is pretty dumb, why do I need to sign it to use a word processor) it turned the local account into a Microsoft account, how do I remove that so it’s just a local account? I’m...
  8. Sign out of Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sign out of Microsoft account: I am returning my laptop to store how can I remove my microsoft account from it before returning Also the screen is damaged it is not visible https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sign-out-of-microsoft-account/79d313ff-37a7-435f-b659-586498d74e6b
  9. How to remove (sign-out) a Microsoft account from a local account on Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove (sign-out) a Microsoft account from a local account on Win10: I have only one Administrator account on Windows 10, created as a local account. A Microsoft account was added to the local account afterwards. Now I want to remove the Microsoft account login (not to remove the local account itself). On the Settings -> Accounts -> Email &...
  10. Account Sign out

Account Sign out: Greetings Not able to completely remove my Microsoft account.Also want to change the account to local instead of Microsoft but there is no option available for that don't know what to do.I am using the admin profile... need help as soon as possible....