Windows 10: How to sign out other User Accounts from a Current Session on Windows 10

Discus and support How to sign out other User Accounts from a Current Session on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Windows 10 allows multiple users to have their own accounts, which is a convenient way to keep settings and files separate for a more personal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Mar 8, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to sign out other User Accounts from a Current Session on Windows 10

WinClub, Mar 8, 2020
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown How to sign out other User Accounts from a Current Session on Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Mar 8, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 8, 2020
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Mar 8, 2020
Thema:

1. How to sign out other User Accounts from a Current Session on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - sign User Accounts

2. How do I sign out from my Microsoft account without signing out of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I sign out from my Microsoft account without signing out of Windows 10?: I used my PC for a year without signing in to any Microsoft account. Yesterday, in Windows settings, I signed into my MS account, in an attempt to solve an issue with Microsoft Family Safety. I want to sign back out from MS on my PC Windows 10 and continue as a regular...
  3. How do I sign out from my Microsoft account without signing out of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I sign out from my Microsoft account without signing out of Windows 10?: I used my PC for a year without signing in to any Microsoft account. Yesterday, in Windows settings, I signed into my MS account, in an attempt to solve an issue with Microsoft Family Safety. I want to sign back out from MS on my PC Windows 10 and continue as a regular...
  4. How do I sign out from my Microsoft account without signing out of Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Can't sign into other users from sign in screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't sign into other users from sign in screen: I was trying to sign in to my other account on my PC from the sign-in screen and I couldn't access it. I had looked up some things and they hadn't worked. I'm not sure what to do at this point so if anyone knows how I could fix this I would be grateful if you told me how. My...
  6. Can't sign into other users from sign in screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign into other users from sign in screen: I was trying to sign in to my other account on my PC from the sign-in screen and I couldn't access it. I had looked up some things and they hadn't worked. I'm not sure what to do at this point so if anyone knows how I could fix this I would be grateful if you told me how. My...
  7. Can't sign into other users from sign in screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Get time left from Windows Session before the active user is locked out of a session

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Get time left from Windows Session before the active user is locked out of a session: Hello:I would like to know, how much time is left before a user is locked out of it's current windows session in c#. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-time-left-from-windows-session-before-the/52998794-a29b-426e-947f-062d8c964bb2
  9. How to Sign out other users in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Sign out other users in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Like most operating systems, Windows 10 supports multiple accounts located on the same computer. […] This article How to Sign out other users in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  10. Must sign out of other user accounts before I sign into a new user account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Must sign out of other user accounts before I sign into a new user account: Hi, After a windows update build 1909 several setting were changed on my laptop. I've been able to use group policy to re-enable task manager and using the shutdown/lock/log out buttons on the start menu. However, windows is insisting that I logout of all other user...