Windows 10: How to "silence" the lock screen in Windows 10

Discus and support How to "silence" the lock screen in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The lock screen in Windows 10 is showing random pictures. That is nice. However sometime the screen does also show questions and other hints that ask... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by pnp_anchor, Jun 15, 2019.

1. How to "silence" the lock screen in Windows 10

The lock screen in Windows 10 is showing random pictures. That is nice. However sometime the screen does also show questions and other hints that ask for my attention. How can I "silence" those questions? Iin other words: is there a way not to to be asked about anything in the lock screen, even if the price should be not to receive a variety of pictures?

Thank you for any help

:)

pnp_anchor, Jun 15, 2019

2. No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

This issue might occur if there is change in system settings.

To assist you to better, please provided us the information below:

• When you say that "rolling slideshow ", what exactly are you referring to?
    • When you say that "I can't activate it again.", are you referring that you are not able to Activate Windows 10?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps which you have performed to resolve the issue?
    I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen pictures.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select the lock screen picture.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 15, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 15, 2019
  4. How to "silence" the lock screen in Windows 10

No Lock screen in Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set the lock screen option as Windows Spotlight and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Desktop screen.

2. Then click on Personalize.

3. Click on Lock Screen.

4. Try to select Windows Spotlight from the list.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with Lock screen, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 15, 2019
Thema:

How to "silence" the lock screen in Windows 10

1. How to "silence" the lock screen in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - silence lock screen

2. Silencing the Infuriating tones

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Silencing the Infuriating tones: How do I silence the Multi-Media two-tone up/two-tone down without silencing all Media- Since Loading Microsoft 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silencing-the-infuriating-tones/12713969-2b30-4f21-9f85-22ca39f8ef46
  3. Silencing the Infuriating tones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Silencing the Infuriating tones: How do I silence the Multi-Media two-tone up/two-tone down without silencing all Media- Since Loading Microsoft 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/silencing-the-infuriating-tones/12713969-2b30-4f21-9f85-22ca39f8ef46
  4. Bluetooth silenced.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth silenced.: I've been using a pair of bluetooth earbuds recently, they had been working fine until yesterday, now they're always silenced until something makes sound, they take a second to "activate" and then play the rest of the audio, which is fine for movies, videos or games, but any...
  5. Headset getting silenced when I lock desktop. Is there a setting??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Headset getting silenced when I lock desktop. Is there a setting??: Whenever I lock my desktop (Windows+L) at work, the audio in my headset fades out and then fades back in when I unlock. I don't want my meeting audio to get silenced when I lock the desktop for the minute that it takes for me to grab something from the breakroom that's right...
  6. How to lower sound beyond 2 (but not silenced)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to lower sound beyond 2 (but not silenced): Is there any way to re-center the volume? "1" is still uncomfortably loud and any lower instantly rounds to 0 and is completely silent. My new headset sadly utilizes the one absolute Windows volume (sadly, its the opposite of a feature as it leads me to this problem). The...
  7. Audio fades to silence

Audio fades to silence: If I need audio of any kind Zoom meeting, video playback, the audio starts fine but fades to silence within a minute or so. All the "troubleshooting" options I've been provided with do nothing but note that some of those instructions are too 'tech' for me to understand....
  8. Is There a Way to Silence the Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is There a Way to Silence the Keyboard?: Is there a way to make the sound of the keyboard silent like you can do on your iPhone? I hate all the clicking on every key I enter. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-silence-the-keyboard/94b2af6c-1a91-4186-9ad4-1ab18635a20c
  9. Touchpad: how to silence it in Windows 10

Touchpad: how to silence it in Windows 10: The touchpad click is bothering and I cannot find a way to disable the sound, like on the keyboard. Can anyone help? Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-how-to-silence-it-in-windows-10/4669704a-8b89-4980-88e9-248e46edb02d
  10. Speech Recognition Silence

in Windows 10 Support
    Speech Recognition Silence: On the setup I cannot get past the spot where you need to say the phrase. It states it does not hear my mic. The mic works fine with Skype. The mic is an older Logic Tec stand mic. I have used it with the voice recorder sometime in the past. Any thoughts for a fix? 123928