Windows 10: How to simulate Windows 10 safe mode from normal mode operation by disabling or...

Discus and support How to simulate Windows 10 safe mode from normal mode operation by disabling or... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear helper, I am quite practical on computer hardware and software and like to experiment with them. Recently on Lenovo X200S laptop, I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ErricoArmandillo, Nov 23, 2018.

1. How to simulate Windows 10 safe mode from normal mode operation by disabling or...

Dear helper, I am quite practical on computer hardware and software and like to experiment with them. Recently on Lenovo X200S laptop, I am experiencing a very weird behavior: the laptop blocks with the windows 10 sorry logo, reporting all kind of illegal operations, mostly " writing to read-only memory" , but not only. I have replaced Memory and SSD disk to check if the problem was/is on corrupted memory module or defective Disk: no change in behavior: the laptop keeps on crashing randomly, sometime after a day, other times very frequently, and still reporting all kind of bugs, as before. I have updated all 3rd-party drivers to Microsoft Drivers: no change still the same problems occur. BUT when I operate in Safe Mode with or without Internet: I have no problems and the laptop stays on happily. Then obviously is not Hardware or Motherboard problem but Windows or combination of Windows with my system: it does the same with Windows 7 or 10, no change.

I am very puzzled and challenged to understand what is going on: so I want to progressively go from Normal Mode to Safe mode, but in a normal boot mode by ONLY disabling or whatever the services/functions of the Normal windows 10. In this way, step by step, I hope to find the Culprit or root cause of this problem. Can you explain me how I can, from a computer booting and working in normal mode, progressively go into the equivalent Safe Mode by Disabling or uninstalling services/hardware/software ? I would much appreciate your help on how to do this. this keeps me going crazy How to simulate Windows 10 safe mode from normal mode operation by disabling or... :)

Or insight into this problem.

with my best regards

errico

:)

ErricoArmandillo, Nov 23, 2018
  2. psyko12 Win User

Safe mode problems

System refuses to go to safe mode unless, 1. using the directory service repair mode, 2. in windows go to msconfig use diagnostic startup and then boot back and choose normal safe mode.

Other than that, when not using two statements above, when safe mode is used it restarts the computer, Is there a software/driver conflict? Or maybe disabled a used service so windows doesn't want to go to normal safe mode? Any help is welcome, *Bang Head :banghead:

Thanks in advance

psyko12, Nov 23, 2018
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Nov 23, 2018
  4. How to simulate Windows 10 safe mode from normal mode operation by disabling or...

Safe mode problems

Perhaps some of the safe mode files are corrupted.

Disable auto restart on BSOD and see what error you get?

Dippyskoodlez, Nov 23, 2018
Thema:

How to simulate Windows 10 safe mode from normal mode operation by disabling or...

1. How to simulate Windows 10 safe mode from normal mode operation by disabling or... - Similar Threads - simulate safe mode

2. BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.: Hello! im getting frequent BSOD in my laptop but nothing in safe mode. Can I rule out the hardware problem thats causing this? Or this is there anyway i can pinpoint the problem more accurately?Since the start of the problem I've already tried the following:- chkdskclear- sfc...
  3. BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD in normal mode not in safe mode.: Hello! im getting frequent BSOD in my laptop but nothing in safe mode. Can I rule out the hardware problem thats causing this? Or this is there anyway i can pinpoint the problem more accurately?Since the start of the problem I've already tried the following:- chkdskclear- sfc...
  4. HDD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode: Everything was fine a few days ago, and sudden after I restarted my PC, my PC cannot connect my D drive HDD drive. But when I enter safe mode, everything still work as the bug never happened!Every times I boot in normal mode and enter disk management, I can see the D...
  5. Returning back from safe mode to normal mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Returning back from safe mode to normal mode: Hi, To remove recently added software i wanted to go safemode and i used msconfig command to do so but unfortunately i blocked at login page, instead of asking pin it asked to enter password which i forget. I tried "shift+restart" to get in safe mode with networking and...
  6. SSD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode

in Windows 10 Support
    SSD Accessible in Safe Mode but not in Normal Mode: Strange problem. An SSD drive I have and which was accessible until a few days ago, cannot now be accessed via Windows 10 in normal mode. In 'Normal Mode,' the drive shows up in the BIOS, shows up in Disk Manager, show up in File Explorere but when I click on the drive I...
  7. safe mode operation

in Windows 10 Customization
    safe mode operation: How do I restart in safe mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/safe-mode-operation/b6ce5ece-a65c-4f76-bc3a-f770ce3f4db0
  8. how to change safe mode to normal mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change safe mode to normal mode: I have searched everywhere to change safe mode can't open apps ,Cortana or sound notification telling me can not access in safe mode this is a h-p laptop HELP...
  9. can open windows 10 in safe mode but not in normal mode

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    can open windows 10 in safe mode but not in normal mode: I have tried everything system restore, ... but get errors when restoring I can access everything in Safe mode but any attempt to restore or revert just fails. In Advanced system restore does not work and ends in error, go back to previous versions same startup repair......
  10. Windows 10 BSOD in Normal Mode but Stable in Safe Mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD in Normal Mode but Stable in Safe Mode: Specs:i5-6600kGIGABYTE GA-Z170-MX 5 GAMING --> MSI Z270M MortarSamsung EVO 850 250GB SSDCorsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz 16GB (2x8GB)WD 1TB HDD I installed some NVIDIA GTX1070 drivers around 2-3 months ago, and a week later I began to experience BSODs, usually...