Windows 10: How to skip 3 security questions when creating an offline account?

Discus and support How to skip 3 security questions when creating an offline account? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I've been installing a Win10 Pro on a new machine and noticed that they added this new annoying feature that requires you to provide answers to 3... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by ahmd, Sep 20, 2018.

1. ahmd Win User

How to skip 3 security questions when creating an offline account?

I've been installing a Win10 Pro on a new machine and noticed that they added this new annoying feature that requires you to provide answers to 3 "security" questions when setting up an offline account after entering the password. Stuff like "what is your dog's maiden name?" and a similar non-sense.

The reason I put "security" in quotes is because those questions are anything but secure. (People usually type in "fluffy" in there and think it's "all good".)

I know what I am doing and my offline account password is pretty strong. I don't want to weaken it with 3 more passwords. (And I know, I obviously provide long random answers to those 3 questions, stuff like 5t2f66aDFDyinUT6f but it just wastes my time to do that. Plus I need to somehow get it into my password manager -- since copy and paste is not available at that stage.)

So I was wondering, is there a way to skip those?

:)

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Sep 20, 2018
  3. tigger Win User
    games for windows live offline account.

Does anyone know how to create a offline account? I have ripped my hair out trying to figure it out and i cant.

thanks

tigger

tigger, Sep 20, 2018
  4. How to skip 3 security questions when creating an offline account?

Reset/reformat my Windows 10 now I'm being forced to create a Microsoft account

Hey thx for the quick reply....

So if I've already created an account can I go back to create an offline account and disregard the live one? or do I have to reset my computer to do all that again...

Also is creating an account weather its offline or live is it absolutely mandatory? can't that step be skipped?

thx

Scorpio.Rob, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

How to skip 3 security questions when creating an offline account?

1. How to skip 3 security questions when creating an offline account? - Similar Threads - skip security questions

2. How to reset forgotten account security questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset forgotten account security questions: How to reset forgotten account security questions * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-forgotten-account-security-questions/8da14bdc-0f6a-4958-932c-0e15bc577f8e
  3. How to reset forgotten account security questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset forgotten account security questions: How to reset forgotten account security questions * Moved from Community Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-reset-forgotten-account-security-questions/8da14bdc-0f6a-4958-932c-0e15bc577f8e
  4. How do I skip all the questions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I skip all the questions.: I am doing a clean install for windows 11. It is asking a whole bunch of questions I can't even read. HOW DO I SKIP ALL THIS? It won't let me proceed until all boxes are checked but there are no boxes to check anyway. How do I move past all this?...
  5. How do I skip all the questions.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I skip all the questions.: I am doing a clean install for windows 11. It is asking a whole bunch of questions I can't even read. HOW DO I SKIP ALL THIS? It won't let me proceed until all boxes are checked but there are no boxes to check anyway. How do I move past all this?...
  6. Account Security Questions Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Security Questions Microsoft: I woke up this morning with a notice stating that somebody at 4:30 in the morning accessed my account by using my security questions. I've gone through and changed my password and security contact information and added an authenticatin app as well as remove all trusted...
  7. Account Security Questions Microsoft

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Account Security Questions Microsoft: I woke up this morning with a notice stating that somebody at 4:30 in the morning accessed my account by using my security questions. I've gone through and changed my password and security contact information and added an authenticatin app as well as remove all trusted...
  8. Skipping the Security Questions during Clean Install Setup process?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Skipping the Security Questions during Clean Install Setup process?: In case I decide to reinstall Windows 10 v1803 (or later releases) by performing a Clean Installation, how can I skip the Security Questions during the Local Windows Account setup stage? The first local account setup would be my Admin account. Then, once Windows completes the...
  9. How to skip Security Questions when setting up Local User Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to skip Security Questions when setting up Local User Account in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When creating a local Windows 10 Account, the administrator will be prompted to set up three security questions. This is important and required to make sure there is an option to recover the account when the user forgets the password. [...] This post How to skip...
  10. how create 3 accounts and only 1 with the password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how create 3 accounts and only 1 with the password: hi can i create 3 accounts and only 1 with a password? for example James, Sally and Rober only 1 account Sally with a pssword so at the login menu , only i click on sally i have to type the password thanks 104594

Users found this page by searching for:

1. security questions offline account

2. skip security questions windows 10 setup