Windows 10: How to skip Bitlocker Recover Key Screen in Factory Reset

Discus and support How to skip Bitlocker Recover Key Screen in Factory Reset in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have deleted a device from AAD, and now am unable to do a factory reset because I can't get past the Bitlocker Recover screen. I don't need to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by not_too_techy, Aug 23, 2022.

1. How to skip Bitlocker Recover Key Screen in Factory Reset

I have deleted a device from AAD, and now am unable to do a factory reset because I can't get past the Bitlocker Recover screen. I don't need to be able to access data. I am trying to reset it to factory for someone outside of the company to use. Is there any way to get past this screen? It has been deleted from AAD so I no longer have the recover key.

:)

not_too_techy, Aug 23, 2022

2. Recover BitLocker key from Key ID

It doesn't work. The specific device I need to recover the key is not on the list, neither an option to retrieve the BitLocker code using its Key ID as the blue screen says.

VictorWirz, Aug 23, 2022
  3. Bitlocker recovery key is wrong?

Hello Ali,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. Let me assist you with additional information from here.

However, before we proceed further, we would like to know, if the computer is connected to a Domain environment. Also, we would like to know, if a hardware malfunction, an unexpected configuration change, or any another security event has occurred prior
    to the issue.

Now, depending on your Windows configuration, you might be able to restore your PC to its factory default settings directly from the Windows recovery screen.

I see a link at the bottom of the recovery screen

• Tap or click the Learn more about resetting your PC to factory defaults link, and then follow the instructions.

In some Windows configurations, you might need to start the recovery process using a button instead.

I see buttons at the bottom of the recovery screen

• Tap or click the Learn more about resetting your PC button, and then follow the instructions.

In other Windows configurations, you might have the option of skipping over certain drives without unlocking them.

I see an option to skip a drive

• Tap or click the Skip this drive link at the bottom of the BitLocker Drive Encryption screen to continue without unlocking the current drive.

If you skip all of the BitLocker-encrypted drives, you’ll see a list of advanced repair and startup options to choose from.

• Tap or click Repair and Restore, tap or click Other repair options, and then tap or click
      Factory Reset and follow the instructions.

Ref:
    BitLocker recovery keys: Frequently asked questions

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Write to us with the updated information for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 23, 2022
  4. How to skip Bitlocker Recover Key Screen in Factory Reset

Windows 10 update and blue bitlocker screen

Hello,

We regret for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. Let me assist you with additional information from here.

However, before we proceed further, we would like to know, if the computer is connected to a Domain environment. Also, we would like to know, if a hardware malfunction, an unexpected configuration change, or any another security event has occurred prior
    to the issue.

Now, depending on your Windows configuration, you might be able to restore your PC to its factory default settings directly from the Windows recovery screen.

I see a link at the bottom of the recovery screen

• Tap or click the Learn more about resetting your PC to factory defaults link, and then follow the instructions.

In some Windows configurations, you might need to start the recovery process using a button instead.

I see buttons at the bottom of the recovery screen

• Tap or click the Learn more about resetting your PC button, and then follow the instructions.

In other Windows configurations, you might have the option of skipping over certain drives without unlocking them.

I see an option to skip a drive

• Tap or click the Skip this drive link at the bottom of the BitLocker Drive Encryption screen to continue without unlocking the current drive.

If you skip all of the BitLocker-encrypted drives, you’ll see a list of advanced repair and startup options to choose from.

• Tap or click Repair and Restore, tap or click Other repair options, and then tap or click
      Factory Reset and follow the instructions.

Ref:
    BitLocker recovery keys: Frequently asked questions

(Applies to Windows 10 as well)

Write us back if you need further assistance.

Thank You.

ThofikhAhamad, Aug 23, 2022
Thema:

How to skip Bitlocker Recover Key Screen in Factory Reset

1. How to skip Bitlocker Recover Key Screen in Factory Reset - Similar Threads - skip Bitlocker Recover

2. Bitlocker Recovery Key Access/Factory Reset through bitlocker screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bitlocker Recovery Key Access/Factory Reset through bitlocker screen: My computer just came up with the bitlocker recovery screen. After a trip I had come back to find it like this. It's happened before but i just went to the site that it told me it would be on. This time when I tried to go to that site, it shows an melted popsicle with a...
  3. Bitlocker Recovery Key Access/Factory Reset through bitlocker screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bitlocker Recovery Key Access/Factory Reset through bitlocker screen: My computer just came up with the bitlocker recovery screen. After a trip I had come back to find it like this. It's happened before but i just went to the site that it told me it would be on. This time when I tried to go to that site, it shows an melted popsicle with a...
  4. How to recover bitlocker key ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover bitlocker key ?: How to recover bitlocker key ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-bitlocker-key/e3f84bb8-03d9-46dc-8420-901244c56cee
  5. How to recover bitlocker key ?

How to recover bitlocker key ?: How to recover bitlocker key ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-bitlocker-key/e3f84bb8-03d9-46dc-8420-901244c56cee
  6. How to skip Bitlocker Recover Key Screen in Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to skip Bitlocker Recover Key Screen in Factory Reset: I have deleted a device from AAD, and now am unable to do a factory reset because I can't get past the Bitlocker Recover screen. I don't need to be able to access data. I am trying to reset it to factory for someone outside of the company to use. Is there any way to get past...
  7. How to skip Bitlocker Recover Key Screen in Factory Reset

How to skip Bitlocker Recover Key Screen in Factory Reset: I have deleted a device from AAD, and now am unable to do a factory reset because I can't get past the Bitlocker Recover screen. I don't need to be able to access data. I am trying to reset it to factory for someone outside of the company to use. Is there any way to get past...
  8. Missing Bitlocker Key - Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Bitlocker Key - Factory Reset: I have a Lenovo Yoga with Windows 10 laptop I am needing to Factory Reset full wipeAs soon as I turn on the laptop it immediately asks for a Bitlocker Key. This is an inherited laptop, so I don't have the key. I can go to a menu with the option to troubleshoot, which gives me...
  9. Missing Bitlocker Key - Factory Reset

Missing Bitlocker Key - Factory Reset: I have a Lenovo Yoga with Windows 10 laptop I am needing to Factory Reset full wipeAs soon as I turn on the laptop it immediately asks for a Bitlocker Key. This is an inherited laptop, so I don't have the key. I can go to a menu with the option to troubleshoot, which gives me...
  10. Missing Bitlocker Key - Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade