Windows 10: How to skip PIN creation on install?

Discus and support How to skip PIN creation on install? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am aware that this has been asked before, but the provided answers are not valid (I cannot cancel and then skip - it does not work like that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jani_T, Oct 23, 2019.

1. Jani_T Win User

How to skip PIN creation on install?

Hello,

I am aware that this has been asked before, but the provided answers are not valid (I cannot cancel and then skip - it does not work like that in the new installer).

USB install media was created on 23rd of Oct, 2019 (installer is unhelpful and does not show any versions, so... that's the only "version" information I can provide).

"PIN improves security" is not acceptable answer - I will not take another item to remember - password is and will be enough. This is non-negotiable. I am looking for a solution that allows me to install the operating system without having to create PIN. I will not create it even if "you don't have to use it", because at some point something changes, and then I do. No PIN creation. No.

This is a clean install onto a new (larger) system disk so no considerations need to be given to existing data (there is none). Any trick or solution that gets me past this is accepted. Thank you all for your help in advance.

:)

Jani_T, Oct 23, 2019

2. Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Microsoft Passport errors during PIN creation

Source and more: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/...g-pin-creation

Cluster Head, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Oct 23, 2019
  4. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

1. How to skip PIN creation on install? - Similar Threads - skip PIN creation

2. MDT Skips .wim creation step during capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MDT Skips .wim creation step during capture: Hi All,As mentioned in the title;During the MDT Capture wizard every steps works as intended OS installation, apps, sysprep, however it skips the "Create wim" step completely and continues with a shutdown. Any idea how to fix this?I have logs available if needed.MDT is being...
  3. MDT Skips .wim creation step during capture

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MDT Skips .wim creation step during capture: Hi All,As mentioned in the title;During the MDT Capture wizard every steps works as intended OS installation, apps, sysprep, however it skips the "Create wim" step completely and continues with a shutdown. Any idea how to fix this?I have logs available if needed.MDT is being...
  4. MDT Skips .wim creation step during capture

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PIN Creation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PIN Creation: I got a new computer and changed one of the settings so I would have to login every time my computer timed out, but when I went to sign in, it told me to create a pin after I signed into my account. However, it popped up with an error message saying that it wasn't able to...
  6. PIN Creation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PIN Creation: I got a new computer and changed one of the settings so I would have to login every time my computer timed out, but when I went to sign in, it told me to create a pin after I signed into my account. However, it popped up with an error message saying that it wasn't able to...
  7. PIN Creation

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  8. skip enter email address and pin code during installation.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    skip enter email address and pin code during installation.: I just recently purchased laptop and going through the installation, but it comes up with message " the account requires PIN Code" and email address. how can I skip this and dont wanna enter my email address and pin code. initial setup of windows 10 install. submitted by...
  9. pin creation

in Windows 10 Customization
    pin creation: I am running Windows 10 pro version 1803 OS Build 17134.915 and trying to set up a login PIN I go to sign in options re-renter my password then choose add PIN then set up PIN the window then comes up asking for New PIN and Confirm PIN, but I am unable to type in either of...
  10. skipping "reservation" wait by using media creation tool?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    skipping "reservation" wait by using media creation tool?: I've done the upgrade on my computers just fine. My mom gave me her laptop to upgrade for her. But she needs it back soon. With the upgrade "app", I reserved the upgrade. But I'm not sure how long it will have to wait. I have the installer on USB, since I used that for my...