Windows 10: Setting up Local User Account in Windows 10

Discus and support Setting up Local User Account in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] When creating a local Windows 10 Account, the administrator will be prompted to set up three security questions. This is important and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jun 23, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Setting up Local User Account in Windows 10

WinClub, Jun 23, 2018

2. Local account installation question

I'm fairly certain that Skip this step was available in 10.0.130 - the workaround in Step 20 (back button) is no longer required.

The currently known, as of 10.0.130, ways to create a Local account sign-in are
    • Skip this step at the MS account creation phase
    • No Internet connection during the install
    • static IP (post# 2 by Fragment) - New (to me anyway)

Slartybart, Jun 23, 2018
  3. How to remove security questions and answers for local user accounts?

Hello!

At installation of Windows 10 April 2018 Update ( Windows 10 version 1803 ) using bootable media I am prompted to choose 3 security questions from a list of common questions and to write the answers for them.

This should serve the purpose of account recovery in case I forget the password.

The problem is that these questions are very common and many people know the answers or can get some hints by doing a search on the web.

I want to remove these questions and answers.

In "Settings" app -> Accounts -> Sign-in options -> "Update your security questions" there are the same questions as in Setup.

Does anyone have any idea on how to remove the questions and their answers for a local user account?

Thank you!

Sorin-Mircea Neagoe, Jun 23, 2018
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Setting up Local User Account in Windows 10 :(

Zakin, Jun 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Setting up Local User Account in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Setting Local User

2. unable to set a local user account windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to set a local user account windows 10: Hi to All,Just new to the forum, I have a question about windows 10 pro.Looks like this laptop was reset but I think this laptop was set-up for an school board.After reset on the step to se-up a user my only option is enter an email address for an specific school board., I am...
  3. unable to set a local user account windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to set a local user account windows 10: Hi to All,Just new to the forum, I have a question about windows 10 pro.Looks like this laptop was reset but I think this laptop was set-up for an school board.After reset on the step to se-up a user my only option is enter an email address for an specific school board., I am...
  4. unable to set a local user account windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :: Hello everybody,I can't set up a password for my local Windows 10 session/account named "user"Here is what I have in settings - usersHow can I set up a password for my session / account that does not appear here ? :Thanks a lot for your help :...
  6. can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :: Hello everybody,I can't set up a password for my local Windows 10 session/account named "user"Here is what I have in settings - usersHow can I set up a password for my session / account that does not appear here ? :Thanks a lot for your help :...
  7. can't set up password for local user account on Windows 10 :

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Cannot set up local user account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot set up local user account: Hello I am simply trying to set up a local user account on my computer for someone who does not have a microsoft account. Unfortunately, when the person tries to sign in, firstly their name does not appear as the other user - only the generic 'other user' account appears....
  9. Setting up User Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting up User Accounts: Hi, I'm a new refugee from Windows 7, with not much computer knowledge. On W7 I had one admin account and one user account, so that I could use the latter for daily use and just go admin for downloads and backups. I'd like to do the same with W10, but this new system with...
  10. Set up a local account.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Set up a local account.: I purchased a new pc and set up the Microsoft administrator account. I'd like to create a separate local account for my day-to-day computing. Each time I've tried I've only managed to replace the MS account. I'd like to be able to switch between them. How do I accomplish...