Windows 10: How to skip the Office XP SP3 update in Windows Update

Discus and support How to skip the Office XP SP3 update in Windows Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Friends, Greetings! Something interesting happens to one of the machines in my office. The machine comes with Windows 10 Home, and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sos_hk, Jun 3, 2020.

1. sos_hk Win User

How to skip the Office XP SP3 update in Windows Update

Dear Friends,

Greetings!

Something interesting happens to one of the machines in my office.

The machine comes with Windows 10 Home, and I installed Office XP on it.
    Office XP works fine. Windows 10 works fine.

However, after some days, the Windows Update detected Office XP, and would like to install Office XP SP3 for it. Here comes the fun.

The Office XP SP3 could not be downloaded. Thus, there remains an error, showing that Office XP SP3 could not be downloaded.

But as long as the Office XP SP3 is not installed, Windows Update is stuck at this stage, and can't go on to detecting or installing new updates.

Anyone knows how to skip such update, or any work around to get the Office XP SP3 update installed?

Thanks in advance.

:)

sos_hk, Jun 3, 2020
  2. jonmcc33 Win User

Windows XP SP3: Windows Update fix

Fix? What's that? Windows XP updated to SP3 fine on my laptop without anything extra.

jonmcc33, Jun 3, 2020
  3. HAT
    hat Win User

no no no
    after a fresh install, one of the first things you get from windows update is SP3, then you go back to windows update after you install SP3 and see there are more updates, so you try to install them but it just doesn't work. period. This batch file fixes hat. If you updated before SP3 came out on windows update you're fine.

4. Widjaja Win User

Ah.
    Probably the issue I had with windows media format runtime security update for WMP 9.5 & 11 downloading but not installing.

I fixed it by typing something into the command prompt which I think reset the update.

Widjaja, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

1. How to skip the Office XP SP3 update in Windows Update - Similar Threads - skip Office SP3

2. Windows XP SP3 AutoLogon/Logoff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows XP SP3 AutoLogon/Logoff: Hi Community,We are facing a very strange problem in our Windows XP SP-3. I have check the security events and found that user Auto Logon & Log Off are generated every 3-4 Seconds. There is only one user i-e Administrator configured on that machine. Additionally we have not...
  3. Windows XP SP3 AutoLogon/Logoff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows XP SP3 AutoLogon/Logoff: Hi Community,We are facing a very strange problem in our Windows XP SP-3. I have check the security events and found that user Auto Logon & Log Off are generated every 3-4 Seconds. There is only one user i-e Administrator configured on that machine. Additionally we have not...
  4. xp sp3 offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xp sp3 offline: does anyone know if i can still download XP SP 3 Offline version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xp-sp3-offline/d4dd03f6-274b-4de7-9335-387814c8dee7
  5. xp sp3 offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xp sp3 offline: does anyone know if i can still download XP SP 3 Offline version https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xp-sp3-offline/d4dd03f6-274b-4de7-9335-387814c8dee7
  6. How to skip updates selectively

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to skip updates selectively: I've got Windows 10 on two computers, both currently use Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016). I've also diddled my registry on both machines to notify me of updates, but not to automatically download and/or install them. A couple of days ago I received notification that some...
  7. Updating XP SP3 to Windows 10 using media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating XP SP3 to Windows 10 using media creation tool: Microsoft does not accept the original label Vista key. Dell computer was originally installed as XP and had been running SP3. Used the MCT to perform upgrade but license is not accepted. Any solution ?...
  8. Updates failed - Office XP - 0x80248007

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Updates failed - Office XP - 0x80248007: All, There is a problem with the Office XP update, although installed on my PC. The update is calling for Proofing tools, in which is installed too. I tried removing the DataStore and Download in the SoftwareDistribution and that did not work. Is there something that I did...
  9. Windows continues to want to update Office XP SP3, but I have NEVER had Office XP on this...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows continues to want to update Office XP SP3, but I have NEVER had Office XP on this...: For many years now, Windows keeps trying to update/install Office XP Service Pack 3 on my laptop. It has happened on three different laptops over the years, each with Windows 7, then Windows 8, Windows 8.1, and now Windows 10 (fully updated except the Creators update, which...
  10. XP SP3 VM -- installing updates!!!!!

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    XP SP3 VM -- installing updates!!!!!: Hi thanks for the input. Indeed, we are just running XP in VM for fun and memories. I stopped using XP when Vista was released. Will look at what you have said.