Windows 10: How to skip updates selectively

Discus and support How to skip updates selectively in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've got Windows 10 on two computers, both currently use Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016). I've also diddled my registry on both machines to notify... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Electrojim, Oct 17, 2020.

1. How to skip updates selectively

I've got Windows 10 on two computers, both currently use Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.1016). I've also diddled my registry on both machines to notify me of updates, but not to automatically download and/or install them.

A couple of days ago I received notification that some 11 updates were ready for download. At the top of the list was: "Feature update to Windows 10, version 2004," which gave me such fits the first time I downloaded and tried to run it, that I want to skip this second attempt by Microsoft to modernize me. It's not that I don't want to have the latest version, but installing this Version 2004 on one computer left me unable to access my Start utility... the alphabetical listing of All Apps was obscured by an immovable black box with some random tiles on it. I rolled-back to the previous version and have resisted this update since.

Under previous versions of Windows, one was able to 'uncheck' specific updates and even hide them, but I can't find a way to do that with the version I'm running. I suppose the other ten updates could be manually downloaded from the MS site and installed independently, but is there an easier way? Many thanks.

:)

Electrojim, Oct 17, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 17, 2020
  3. zbook Win User
    Repeated Crashes and Boot Errors Apparently Caused by Driver Updates

The chkdsk /f /r report displayed that there were corrections made in the volume bitmap.

Run these commands and post images and then continue with the prior steps:
    There was a command for disk 1 but the command for disk 0 seems to have been skipped (steps 24 and 25) for the partition information. These are some additional commands.

1) diskpart
    2) list disk
    3) select disk 0
    4) list volume
    5) list partition
    6) select partition 1
    7) detail partition
    8) select partition 2
    9) detail partition
    10) select partition 3
    11) detail partition
    12) select partition 4
    13) detail partition
    14) if there are any other partitions on disk 0 continue in the same fashion
    15) exit
    16) continue with prior steps

zbook, Oct 17, 2020
  4. jbailey8 Win User

How to skip updates selectively

HyperSLI (Enabling SLI on non-sli motherboards)

To turn off windows updates in windows 7 follow these steps:

Click the start button, in the search box type in 'windows updates', click on 'windows update'
    in the search results list, in the left side of the windows update window click 'change settings'
    then in the option bar select 'Never check for updates'.

jbailey8, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

How to skip updates selectively

1. How to skip updates selectively - Similar Threads - skip updates selectively

2. How to skip this screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to skip this screen?: So my hdd corrupted recently. After several looped attempts of windows trying to fix the drive, I switched to an ssd which my OS runs on now, while running my hdd as a secondary drive. First time booting on the ssd I was able to view the root of the hdd but didn't go into any...
  3. BSOD due to KB5001330 update. How to skip update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD due to KB5001330 update. How to skip update?: I get a BSOD after each reboot. Same thing every rebootEvent Viewer:Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800F0845: 2021-04 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5001330.The process goes like...
  4. Skipping Windows Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Skipping Windows Updates: I have a Dell Inspiron 7559 that I haven’t used in around 3 years and it’s currently running windows version 1703. Can I jump ahead to the current 20H2 update or do I have to download all the previous updates in chronological order?...
  5. Skip Some updates or not

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Skip Some updates or not: Not sure if the ppl here who have updated to KB4517211 are seeing these new bugs, but FYI Three known bugs in the latest build of Win10 version 1903 @ AskWoody 141479
  6. How to Skip the 1803 Feature Update?

How to Skip the 1803 Feature Update?: Is there any way to skip the 1803 Feature update? I heard it is very buggy at the moment. My Windows Updates settings are set to Semi-Annual which is meant to delay any feature updates for most businesses. But I just got it awaiting download just now. Is there a way to just...
  7. how to skip a particular update

how to skip a particular update: I have Windows 10 64 bit that's updated to build 1703 already. Now I have a set of updates, including cumulative security and some Nvidia GPU driver update from year 2016 (no kidding). For obvious reason I like to skip that Nvidia device driver update. I did a search on...
  8. Skip the Anniversary Update?

Skip the Anniversary Update?: Is it possible to skip the anniversary update but still get security updates? The question is not whether this is a good idea. Just, is it possible. 60216
  9. skipping driver updates

skipping driver updates: Microsoft still seem to be silly including nvidia drivers as high priority updates. Installing these drivers can lead to bugs and enforced GeForce experience applet. Does anyone know a way yet to skip driver updates? 8671
  10. How to skip the boot selection option on start up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to skip the boot selection option on start up: Just want to check something, I am running 8.1 and 10 in dual boot, but when the time comes to running 10 on it's own how do I get rid of the OS boot selection option at start up? I know that MSCONFIG has options but it will not allow me to set the timeout less than 3...