Windows 10: How to snap app on start, to selected area?

Discus and support How to snap app on start, to selected area? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I would like to snap app to given screen area on it's start, the same way you drag app to edge and it then "figure out" that it should fill left... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by SOCAR.pl, Jul 1, 2020.

1. SOCAR.pl Win User

How to snap app on start, to selected area?

Hi,

I would like to snap app to given screen area on it's start, the same way you drag app to edge and it then "figure out" that it should fill left side of the screen etc. Is there a way, either using some start parameters or using Power-shell to start the process, and then having handle to it, send commands to the window to snap to given position ?

:)

SOCAR.pl, Jul 1, 2020

2. How to start File Explorer snapped to the left and right?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to use snap function. We will help you to resolve the issue.

To assist you better I would like to know whether you are able to use the feature in On Screen key board. Did you try the same using another keyboard?

I suggest you to follow the steps to open On Screen Keyboard.

• Right Click on Windows Logo.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Or, you may use the On Screen Keyboard.
    • Right Click on Windows, Select Control Panel.
    • Click on Ease of access center.
    • Click on Screen Keyboard.

I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue persists in the new account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

Note: The steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 Insider Preview. Back up the files and programs before creating new user account.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Snap Assist

Hi Cory,

The Snap Assist allows you to juggle apps, arrange open windows, resize windows by simply dragging and dropping them to the edges of the screen. If you don't want to get a quarter screen snap, you can change the settings of Snap Assist by follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app
    • Click System.
    • Click Multitasking.
    • You can turn off some of the option of Snap Assist on this window.

If you want to disable Snap Assist, you can turn off Arrange windows automatically by dragging them to the sides or corners of the screen.

Should you have further queries, feel free to post it.

Eric Ber, Jul 1, 2020
  4. How to snap app on start, to selected area?

Snap Assist no longer working (W10)

Isn't this overkill for a simple setting change?

I got this from a site (credited just after the paste.)

Start menu to settings.

Under system select: Multitasking.

Select snap options

Under snap

Arrange windows: on

When I snap more than one : on

When I snap a windows, show what I can snap next to it: On

Sorry for the short answer, My eyesight makes that necessary.

Credit and a much better written answer on: How To Turn On/Off Snap in Windows 10

Randommantus (Greg for short), Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

How to snap app on start, to selected area?

1. How to snap app on start, to selected area? - Similar Threads - snap app start

2. Selecting an area of object. To work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting an area of object. To work.: Can't find in manual the selection tool and how to use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/selecting-an-area-of-object-to-work/a7dd2d0e-08cf-40db-aa4e-e8a764a1d93f
  3. Selecting an area of object. To work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selecting an area of object. To work.: Can't find in manual the selection tool and how to use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/selecting-an-area-of-object-to-work/a7dd2d0e-08cf-40db-aa4e-e8a764a1d93f
  4. Correct icon in search but missing when app pinned to start area. How to refresh start area...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Correct icon in search but missing when app pinned to start area. How to refresh start area...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/StW_FtW [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/tx48dx/correct_icon_in_search_but_missing_when_app/
  5. Border around selected / focus area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Border around selected / focus area: Hi,Is there a way to disable the border around it? I tired to disable "Underline keyboard shortcuts and access keys" in Control Panel but it still doesn't work.Any solutions?...
  6. area selection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    area selection: Windows 10, Streets and trips 2013.I Cannot select an area to zoom with 2013. this was avaulable in 2007 also I cannot move cursor across map as the hand locks on to the map and just moves the entire map....
  7. User defined "Snap areas"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    User defined "Snap areas": [ATTACH] submitted by /u/tm07x [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hfiy7b/user_defined_snap_areas/
  8. mouse select area

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse select area: so, lately, i dint know how, but i messed up my mouse select area or whatever its called. i saw another thread about this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-selection-box-messed-up/12cd4cce-9aa9-44b8-8d4e-4f902ef7efb4 but i couldnt find the setting...
  9. How To Select Multiple Areas Of Text

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Select Multiple Areas Of Text: I'm looking for a way to select a few lines of text, or just a few words, and then select another line/word somewhere else in the same paragraph. [ATTACH] it's similar to how you can do this in file explorer [ATTACH] What it should look like If my explanation didn't...
  10. How to make snapped browsers "Full screen" within the snapped area.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to make snapped browsers "Full screen" within the snapped area.: Hi guys, I know this is a complex one, I would like to have 4 browser windows open snapped to each corner but all displaying full screen; i.e. no tab or header bars present. i would like several youtube videos open at one time with no borders between them. I have a...