Windows 10: How to solve a Wifi Network on a Laptop running Windows 10 Home

Discus and support How to solve a Wifi Network on a Laptop running Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running Win 10 on a Lenovo G50-80 Laptop. Until fairly recently I was connecting to my Wifi Network with 5G enabled. Suddenly the machine only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Dale Gray Berry, Sep 27, 2018.

1. How to solve a Wifi Network on a Laptop running Windows 10 Home

I am running Win 10 on a Lenovo G50-80 Laptop. Until fairly recently I was connecting to my Wifi Network with 5G enabled. Suddenly the machine only connects to the 2.4Ghz Band and no longer to 5G. In fact, it can't even see the 5G network in Settings.

I have just now installed the latest driver for the WLAN which is Qualcomm Atheros with no improvement. Is my WLAN adapter faulty or is there something else I should do? I would appreciate any help with this problem?

Many thanks.

:)

Dale Gray Berry, Sep 27, 2018
  2. m3110w Win User

Wifi network not appearing after recent Win 10 monthly patch

Someone else on another forum suggested I switch the wifi freq on my Android Nexus 5x. So I switched it from 5ghz to 2.4 and it worked! Problem solved. Now my Nexus hotspot is again appearing in my Win 10 list of available wifi networks. So problem was with Android and not Windows.

m3110w, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Bob338 Win User
    Wifi and browser problems with windows 10

I'll tell you how I fixed an identical problem on a ASUS laptop that had run perfectly on Windows 7 and ran well on W10 from January until the Anniversary update in early August. I tried everything I found on this forum and two others. Nothing worked. The last thing someone suggested was disabling the adapter and using a WiFi dongle. Problem continued. Nobody suggested changing the wireless network adapter. I bought and installed an Intel 7260 WiFi card and just used the driver which was downloaded on the reboot after the install. All problems solved!!

I must have wasted two months reading and trying everything. Even the manufacturer support inferred I needed a new machine though they sent me a Windows 8.1 driver to try, with the same result.

I'd suggest contacting the manufacturer to determine if they white list any cards and see if they have suggestions for a compatible card. They may want you to buy another laptop but if the cards aren't white listed, a simple card swap to one compatible with Windows 10 seems to be the answer.

Bob338, Sep 27, 2018
  4. How to solve a Wifi Network on a Laptop running Windows 10 Home

Laptop Sees Wireless Network but Cannot Connect To It

I have a small ASUS laptop that has recently had issues connecting to the home wifi network. After I type in the wifi password it displays a loading bar and then says Can't Connect to Network. I have tried every fix I could think of: disable/reenable adapter, uninstalling the adapter and reinstalling it, rebooting the laptop, rebooting the router, and troubleshooting the adapter. The laptop is running and Windows 10 and does not have an ethernet port. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Michaelciv1, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

How to solve a Wifi Network on a Laptop running Windows 10 Home

1. How to solve a Wifi Network on a Laptop running Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - solve Wifi Network

2. How to solve the issue for wifi network in laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve the issue for wifi network in laptop?: my Wi-Fi range stays only 1 even if its near to connection and disconnects even if laptop is away less than 1 meter. Tried updating and installing device drivers but didn't work. Disabled-Enabled network but not worked. Solution PLEASE!...
  3. How to solve the issue for wifi network in laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to solve the issue for wifi network in laptop?: my Wi-Fi range stays only 1 even if its near to connection and disconnects even if laptop is away less than 1 meter. Tried updating and installing device drivers but didn't work. Disabled-Enabled network but not worked. Solution PLEASE!...
  4. How to solve the issue for wifi network in laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to solve the wifi network issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve the wifi network issue?: I can't see the wifi option, even after I reseted my network within 5min the wifi option is disappearing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-the-wifi-network-issue/af3ec8a3-889a-4f67-bf22-5f8dd4cdd2b2
  6. How to solve the wifi network issue?

How to solve the wifi network issue?: I can't see the wifi option, even after I reseted my network within 5min the wifi option is disappearing https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-the-wifi-network-issue/af3ec8a3-889a-4f67-bf22-5f8dd4cdd2b2
  7. How to solve the connecting issue of a specific wifi network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve the connecting issue of a specific wifi network: I have Asus notebook as my laptop and the wifi driver is IntelR AC 9641. My problem is my wifi is connecting with my wifi network Directly if it connected it showing no internet and secured and if I connect the same wifi network throughout my mobile hotspot it is connecting...
  8. How to solve the connecting issue of a specific wifi network

How to solve the connecting issue of a specific wifi network: I have Asus notebook as my laptop and the wifi driver is IntelR AC 9641. My problem is my wifi is connecting with my wifi network Directly if it connected it showing no internet and secured and if I connect the same wifi network throughout my mobile hotspot it is connecting...
  9. [SOLVED] No available wifi networks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    [SOLVED] No available wifi networks: I have an Acer Swift 3 laptop, which I just recently repaired keyboard wasn't connected properly and it doesn't want to show any wifi networks even though they appear on my phone. The only time it has shown an available wifi network was when I stood right next to my router,...
  10. Windows 10 on WIFI home network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 on WIFI home network: setting up computer file access between multiple computers on home WIFI network. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-on-wifi-home-network/a85e2394-e2ea-4c37-bcb9-bf444bb8c463