Windows 10: How to solve: "Error: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" ?

Discus and support How to solve: "Error: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" ? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello all, I just built a PC a few days ago to give to my dad for Christmas. When setting it up, I applied the RAM's XMP Profile, letting it get up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by squeekybeef, Dec 24, 2019.

1. How to solve: "Error: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" ?

Hello all,

I just built a PC a few days ago to give to my dad for Christmas. When setting it up, I applied the RAM's XMP Profile, letting it get up to its full 3200 clock speed. However, this seems to cause the computer to BSOD on occasion and give the error in the title. Even running the RAM at a slightly lower clock speed of 3000 seems to cause trouble.

Everything I've looked up for this issue says to update all drivers. I've done this. The motherboard BIOS is the latest version, the CPU drivers are completely up to date, and Windows Update is reporting no new downloads.

For reference, the PC contains:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G

RAM: T-Force Vulcan Z 16GBDDR4 3200

MoBo: ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0

During a chat with Windows Support, it was suggested that it was temperature related. I verified that it wasn't by running a stress test on the CPU and saw only about 63°C at full load. Alternatively, it was suggested that something was just wrong with my Windows install.

Is this caused by the XMP Profile? Seems a waste to have bought 3200 ram only for it to run at 2400.

There is another post in the community asking a similar question when updating AMD Drivers, which leads me to believe that the ones I downloaded may be a potential cause. However, I can't "update" to a previous version of the driver. A mod mentioned that they would need all the dump files to diagnose the issue. Here is a link to a shared OneDrive folder containing a system information file and all the dump files present in the minidump folder.

Thank you!

:)

squeekybeef, Dec 24, 2019

2. Error: "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER " on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When exactly you get this error message?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Are you able to boot the device to desktop after the restart?

The THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER bug indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning. A device driver is spinning in an infinite loop, most likely waiting for hardware to become idle. This usually indicates problem with the hardware itself,
    or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Frequently, this is the result of a bad video card or a bad display driver.

If you are able to boot the device to desktop, try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: Update the display driver

Steps to update the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the
      Display Adapter
      and click on Update Driver Software.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the pending updates on your device and check if the issue persists.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 24, 2019
  3. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Do let us know if the issue is confined only while accessing the game?

The THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER bug indicates that a thread in a device driver is endlessly spinning. A device driver is spinning in an infinite loop, most likely waiting for hardware to become idle. This usually indicates problem with the hardware itself,
    or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly. Frequently, this is the result of a bad video card or a bad display driver.

I suggest you to follow the below steps.

Update the display driver

Steps to update the drivers for the Display Adapter.

• Press Windows key + X key when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right click on the
      Display Adapter
      and click on Update Driver Software.

Refer to the below article by Andre Da Costa to install the drivers manually on your device.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue for further assistance.

Mohammed AliAli, Dec 24, 2019
  4. How to solve: "Error: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" ?

Windows 10 BSOD Error: "THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER"

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply.

In order to assist you better, I would like to ask the methods you have already tried to solve the issue.

If not tried already, suggest you to download the latest version of the display drivers from the manufacturer website and install in
    compatibility mode. Follow the steps below to install in compatibility mode.

• Uninstall the driver software.
    • Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the driver and click on properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for Run in Compatibility mode.
    • Select Windows version from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and then OK and install the driver software.

Hope the information is helpful. Please revert back with necessary information and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 24, 2019
Thema:

How to solve: "Error: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" ?

1. How to solve: "Error: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER" ? - Similar Threads - solve Error THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

2. Thread_Stuck_in_Device_Driver error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thread_Stuck_in_Device_Driver error: Hi,My laptop is giving blue screen with error: Thread_Stuck_in_Device_Driver error.Model: HP-Compaq Pavilion Notebook 15-cw1507saWindows 10 x64Below the dmp file content:************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories **************...
  3. Thread_Stuck_in_Device_Driver error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thread_Stuck_in_Device_Driver error: Hi,My laptop is giving blue screen with error: Thread_Stuck_in_Device_Driver error.Model: HP-Compaq Pavilion Notebook 15-cw1507saWindows 10 x64Below the dmp file content:************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories **************...
  4. Thread_Stuck_in_Device_Driver error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

in Windows 10 Gaming
    THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER: Good day sir/mam when im playing games my pc turn into Blue Screen and it said THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER my drivers is updated especially the graphics card built in to my CPU ryzen 3 3200g with vega 8 help me to fix this......
  6. Getting blue screens with error code thread_stuck_in_device_driver

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting blue screens with error code thread_stuck_in_device_driver: I finished building my PC yesterday, and this morning I installed Windows 10. Everything was going fine until I begun trying to install drivers for my hardware. I think I installed the wrong software though, as once I did, I begun getting the errors. I uninstalled the...
  7. BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER error: Hi there, I've a problem when playing games or attempting to update my processor, at the moment when I try to update to amd Catalyst Software Suite 15.7.1 I get the BSOD in the title. I've run sfc/scannow multiple times and it's showed no errors and also Dism /Online /...
  8. Thread_stuck_in_device_driver

Thread_stuck_in_device_driver: Hello, I've been trying to solve this issue for a whole week, and no progress at all. I first noticed this problem when I put my PC to sleep, and on the wake up, I would get BSOD (THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER). Same thing happened when I would make shutdown from windows,...
  9. BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER, error 0x100000ea (Graphics card?)

BSOD THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER, error 0x100000ea (Graphics card?): Attachment 30761 Attachment 30762 Hey, So i was just browsing facebook and clicked on a link and the computer froze up and the screen blanked out. There was no display after a split second but I had to manually restart the computer. I presumed it was a BSOD and checked...
  10. THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD error when browsing, and playing

THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER BSOD error when browsing, and playing: Yet again, I'm here with a problem. Not the same that I got when I had avast! antivirus. Today I just uninstalled avast! antivirus, because it made the computer get THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER problems. Until now it was disabled. But when I uninstalled AVAST it just started...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. b450m-hdv r4.0 ryzen 5 3200g thread_stuck_in_device_driver

2. ryzen 3 3200g stuck in device driver

3. asrock b450m hdv r4.0 blue screen

4. thread stuck in device driver ryzen 3200g