Windows 10: How to Solve HP Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Driver Performance Issue

Discus and support How to Solve HP Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Driver Performance Issue in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; All is working well in my HP ZBook15 G5. But why is my 'System' Process taking about 1% CPU when idle? Sysinternals Procexp show that the top system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by urr, Aug 26, 2019.

1. URR
    urr Win User

How to Solve HP Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Driver Performance Issue

All is working well in my HP ZBook15 G5. But why is my 'System' Process taking about 1% CPU when idle? Sysinternals Procexp show that the top system kernel CPU consumer is one driver that is switching in and out of context a whole lot: about 2600 Context Switches per second! It also utilizes the CPU unreasonably too much.

How to Solve HP Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Driver Performance Issue [​IMG]

This criminal driver is HPMoA407.sys. It is a USB HID Upper Filter Driver distributed by HP for driving the HP Wireless Link-5 dongle. The HP Link-5 dongle is communicating with wireless mouse and/or keyboard.
    Sysinternals Procmon show that there is a huge amounts of registry sync checks per second (A few hundreds) to the following key: HKLM\Software\Primax\Mouse Suite 98\Production Utility

How to Solve HP Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Driver Performance Issue [​IMG]

"Primax Mouse Suite 98" to was distributed by Lenovo. It seems HP used this suite as their driver for their wireless mouse/keyboard. But they forgot to remove the reference in the code to the original location of the Primax software in registry, causing this problem.

The workaround is simple. Instead of trying to get HP to fix this, I created the missing key in windows registry and WALLA!. the kernel CPU utilization went down to about 0.3%, kernel context switches went down to about 365 context switches per second. Problem solved.

:)

2. Anne Ros Win User

Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    Logitech Wireless Mouse

Hi Ken,

Not working wireless mouse could be due to the following:

• Outdated device driver
    • No device driver installed
    • Faulty wireless mouse receiver

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Have you done any changes (like updating your Windows) on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried using using your wireless mouse on other computer and checked if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried updating your wireless mouse driver?

For initial troubleshooting steps, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to run Windows troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshoot in the search box and press Enter.
    • Select Hardware and Devices, then click
      Run the troubleshooter

If the troubleshooter didn't work, you can check this
    article
    about updating your wireless mouse driver.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Aug 26, 2019
  4. How to Solve HP Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Driver Performance Issue

keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

How to Solve HP Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Driver Performance Issue

1. How to Solve HP Wireless Keyboard/Mouse Driver Performance Issue - Similar Threads - Solve Wireless Keyboard

2. drivers on a wireless keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drivers on a wireless keyboard and mouse: can you update the drivers on a wireless keyboard and mouse and slow down the wheel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-on-a-wireless-keyboard-and-mouse/3f4f0f8c-d5ad-4e6f-a952-6625ae63bc5c
  3. drivers on a wireless keyboard and mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    drivers on a wireless keyboard and mouse: can you update the drivers on a wireless keyboard and mouse and slow down the wheel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drivers-on-a-wireless-keyboard-and-mouse/3f4f0f8c-d5ad-4e6f-a952-6625ae63bc5c
  4. HP wireless Keyboard issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP wireless Keyboard issues: How can I get the indicator light on my caps lock to go off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-wireless-keyboard-issues/b6c50d28-a6ae-40bd-a462-708a1f9dc617
  5. HP wireless Keyboard issues

HP wireless Keyboard issues: How can I get the indicator light on my caps lock to go off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-wireless-keyboard-issues/b6c50d28-a6ae-40bd-a462-708a1f9dc617
  6. HP wireless Keyboard issues

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Wireless mouse and keyboard issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse and keyboard issues: Similar to this issue - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/wireless-keyboard-and-mouse-persistant-problems/ecb174dc-2b5d-40b9-9238-0d51bbe39af0First my mouse just stopped working, now noticing issues with the keyboard missing letters when...
  8. Wireless mouse and keyboard issues

Wireless mouse and keyboard issues: Similar to this issue - https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/wireless-keyboard-and-mouse-persistant-problems/ecb174dc-2b5d-40b9-9238-0d51bbe39af0First my mouse just stopped working, now noticing issues with the keyboard missing letters when...
  9. Wireless mouse and keyboard issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Solved Wireless Logitech Keyboard & Mouse Acting Erratically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Solved Wireless Logitech Keyboard & Mouse Acting Erratically: I just wanted to share a solution to a problem that I was having with both of my Wireless Logitech Keyboard/Mouse combinations. I would randomly have my wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse become erratic and either not work in the case of my keyboard or erratically in the...