Windows 10: How to solve portable ssd drive delayed detection on windows 10

Discus and support How to solve portable ssd drive delayed detection on windows 10 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I recently upgraded my windows 10 boot drive from 256GB to a 1TB SSD. I had some issues with the system cloning and therefore I had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MazeHaze, Oct 1, 2022.

1. MazeHaze Win User

How to solve portable ssd drive delayed detection on windows 10

Hello, I recently upgraded my windows 10 boot drive from 256GB to a 1TB SSD. I had some issues with the system cloning and therefore I had to completely reinstall windows from the scratch for the best performance and stability. I made my internal 256GB SSD into a portable USB 3.0 drive with orico 2.5'' harddrive enclosure. I like to always keep my orico DIY 256GB portable SSD connected on my PC and when I boot up and log into windows it takes nearly 2-5mins to detect the drive. But if I just randomly connect the drive there is no issue at all. I tried all the conventional methods to resolve my

:)

MazeHaze, Oct 1, 2022

2. Portable drive recognisition

Hi Kenneth,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern that you are unable to connected the portable drive as it is not recognized after upgrade to Windows 10.

Please try the below and be informed us with the result:

• Have you tried to connect the drive to different ports and check?
    • Are you able to see if the drive is being detected by the device or not?
    • Have you connected this drive to any other computer and check?
    • Have you tried to connect different drive to this device to different ports and check?

Also, Please try to install all the Windows Updates on Windows 10 and check.

Steps:

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type Updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Microsoft Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install all the pending updates.

Please do the above to detect the issue is with the device or driver and updates us the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you further.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 1, 2022
  3. Geethu B Win User
    Portable hard drive and windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you have an issue with connecting
    portable hard drive in Windows 10.
    I will surely help you to fix this issue.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Is the hard drive getting detected on the computer?

• Do you face any issue while using other USB devices?
    This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

1. Missing Windows Update.

2. USB port is damaged.

3. Damaged hardware.

Try the steps listed here:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run hardware troubleshooter and check if it helps.

a) Press Windows Key.

b) Type Troubleshooting in the search box and hit
    Enter.

c) Click on Hardware and sound.

d) Click on Hardware and device and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, I suggest you to install all the available Windows Updates and also latest chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website. You may also try connecting the hard drive to a different USB port.

Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Geethu B, Oct 1, 2022
  4. How to solve portable ssd drive delayed detection on windows 10

Portable hard drive not detected

I've a Seagate Back-up plus 1 TB external portable hard disk. After the partitioning it is not detected in both 'My Computer' and Disk Management. However it is listed in 'Device Manager' and 'Devices and Printers'. Please help me in this regard to resolve
    the issue.

DurgeshTripathi, Oct 1, 2022
Thema:

How to solve portable ssd drive delayed detection on windows 10

1. How to solve portable ssd drive delayed detection on windows 10 - Similar Threads - solve portable ssd

2. Windows detects SSD drive as HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows detects SSD drive as HDD: Hello, i have three disks in my PCC: M.2 1TB SSD windows driveD: 1TB HDDE: M.2 1TB SSDi freshly installed windows 11 pro, in task manager the only disk showing up as a SSD is my windows drive. the two other drives as HDDi unplugged my HDD and formatted my E: disk again. then...
  3. Windows detects SSD drive as HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows detects SSD drive as HDD: Hello, i have three disks in my PCC: M.2 1TB SSD windows driveD: 1TB HDDE: M.2 1TB SSDi freshly installed windows 11 pro, in task manager the only disk showing up as a SSD is my windows drive. the two other drives as HDDi unplugged my HDD and formatted my E: disk again. then...
  4. How to solve portable ssd drive delayed detection on windows 10

How to solve portable ssd drive delayed detection on windows 10: Hello, I recently upgraded my windows 10 boot drive from 256GB to a 1TB SSD. I had some issues with the system cloning and therefore I had to completely reinstall windows from the scratch for the best performance and stability. I made my internal 256GB SSD into a portable USB...
  5. How to solve portable ssd drive delayed detection on windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to solve portable ssd drive delayed detection on windows 10: Hello, I recently upgraded my windows 10 boot drive from 256GB to a 1TB SSD. I had some issues with the system cloning and therefore I had to completely reinstall windows from the scratch for the best performance and stability. I made my internal 256GB SSD into a portable USB...
  6. SSD Drive not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Drive not detected: Hi, I had encountered a problem in my SSD drive. It was not detected in 'Computer' part in my file but in the 'Disk Management' the file is shown but only show--> Disk 1 Removable Z: No mediaI have tried all sorts of solutions provided in the internet but none of the worked....
  7. SSD Drive not detected

SSD Drive not detected: Hi, I had encountered a problem in my SSD drive. It was not detected in 'Computer' part in my file but in the 'Disk Management' the file is shown but only show--> Disk 1 Removable Z: No mediaI have tried all sorts of solutions provided in the internet but none of the worked....
  8. Portable Windows on USB SSD Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Portable Windows on USB SSD Drive: As a concurrent Mac / Win user one of the capabilities that I make use of on Mac is the ability to boot a full working OS from an external USB or Firewire drive. Makes it incredibly easy to do backups and restores and provides a high level of redundancy. Understanding that...
  9. How is a "portable" SSD a great thing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How is a "portable" SSD a great thing?: Hi, I've recently been noticing alot of "portable" SSD drives that connect via USB. (USB 3.1 I think is what I saw though I'm not sure that that is the minimum port requirement...) From what I understand about hard drives though, I always thought that they were limited by...
  10. How is a "portable" SSD a great thing?

in Windows 10 Support
    How is a "portable" SSD a great thing?: Hi, I've recently been noticing alot of "portable" SSD drives that connect via USB. (USB 3.1 I think is what I saw though I'm not sure that that is the minimum port requirement...) From what I understand about hard drives though, I always thought that they were limited by...