Windows 10: How to solve sound halt problem after Windows update?

Discus and support How to solve sound halt problem after Windows update? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I'm using Microsoft Windows 10 Pro [Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299] I don't remember in what year it was actual but I guess about 2017. Since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Tomasm21, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Tomasm21 Win User

How to solve sound halt problem after Windows update?

Hello.
    I'm using Microsoft Windows 10 Pro [Version 10.0.16299 Build 16299]
    I don't remember in what year it was actual but I guess about 2017.

Since that time I always revert windows updates back or find information on the internet about pausing such updates.

But as I browse my PC settings Windows updates somehow reactivates and try to update again. Now Windows is asking again to update but I'm always pressing button "Not now". I'm afraid that on the system restart or shut down it will update.

The reason why I want to prevent it is because after the update sound doesn't work properly. When I'm watching movies on VLC media player or listening to music on Winamp or playing games the sound keeps halting. Imagine that I'm listening to music on winamp and music track is about 5 mins. During those 5 mins the sound breaks up about 4-5 times. Sound halts for about 1-3 seconds and then continues.
    I don't know the reason for this.

I have Realtek High Definition Audio
    with its driver: c:\windows\system32\drivers\rtkvhd64.sys (6.0.1.7727, 4,56 MB (4 779 776 bytes), 2016-06-09 18:43)
    Along with windows OS I'm using one more program to alter sound effects - Realtek HD Audio Manager from GIGABYTE:
    Audio Driver version: 6.0.1.7727
    Audio Controller: HD AudioAudio
    Codec: ALC8888/ALC887

I'm using it because of sound effects - Equalizer. I increase lower and highest sound wave frequencies to get desirable sound waves.

Maybe somehow after windows update programs or drivers interfere with each other and silence audio output? Though I do not experience decrease in sound volume. Sound just stops for 3 secs and then continues.

Most ineresting thing is that when I'm recording my desktop activity with sound capture using GeForce Experience Shadowplay then on recorded video file there is no any sound silence. Everything plays smoothly in the recorded video.

I don't know what is wrong but because of this sound silence I have beed reverting back to earlier windows versions for 3 years already.

Help me to find out and solve the problem.
    Should I uninstal the "Realtek HD Audio Manager" with its extra drivers or keep reverting?
    Maybe I should just stop Windows 10 updates permanently? But how?

:)

Tomasm21, Jan 10, 2019
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Windows 10 sound problems.

Hi Roger,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue.

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install all driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • In which browser are you facing this issue?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to refer the Microsoft Article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Do let us know if you are able to get Sound with all relevant programs. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    PROBLEM WITH SOUND

Hi Emilio,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you install pending Windows and driver updates?
    • Do you get any error message?
    • What Is the make and model of your computer?

Follow the Microsoft article below and perform the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Fix sound problems.

Do let us know if you are able to get sound in your PC. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Jan 10, 2019
  4. How to solve sound halt problem after Windows update?

I got no sound microsoft or horrible sound

Hi Roger,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• What happens exactly when you try to play the sound?
    • Are you getting any error message?
    • Have you installed all the pending Windows updates?

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to follow the steps from the below article and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

How to solve sound halt problem after Windows update?

1. How to solve sound halt problem after Windows update? - Similar Threads - solve sound halt

2. How do I halt the constant updating?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I halt the constant updating?: Greetings, Fellow Users,For the past several days I've had to endure the inescapable Microsoft Updates, only this time it's not a one-stop process: it won't stop. The updates have been arriving at the rate of once every other day, and the reason for that is the system's...
  3. Sound problem after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound problem after update: sound is not working after update to windows 10 , i have dell inspiron 15 5000 series, i am so frustrated rigth now I have a meeting in an hour https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-problem-after-update/34700c41-59fe-4a1f-92b4-9ca8cf8f020b
  4. Solve problem after Windows 10 Update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Solve problem after Windows 10 Update?: "No login to the account possible. This problem can often be resolved by logging out of your account and then logging in again. If you do not log out now, any files or changes you created will be lost. I've logged out more times now, but this keeps popping up on my...
  5. Can not solve problems after Windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can not solve problems after Windows update: Hello, yesterday I've turned off my notebook and next day when I've turned it on, system showed me that windows has been updated. First problem which I've seen was that mydesktop background picture, applications and folders changed or disappeared. I've already thought that...
  6. Problem with no sound after Windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with no sound after Windows update: For a while I have periodically had problems after system updates when my Windows 10 computer stops all programs from producing sounds and I frequently get error messages instead. I have temporarily been able to recover sound by doing a System Restore to a previous save...
  7. Windows update problem. How to solve it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows update problem. How to solve it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/007ak47 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fkluwf/windows_update_problem_how_to_solve_it/
  8. Sound Problems after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound Problems after update: Yet again there is low sound volume after an update but this time there is no way to roll back the driver. I run an online radio station and this is getting ridiculous. It's obviously a problem that has been ongoing for a few years and yet it has gone on unresolved and the...
  9. No audio after solving an update problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No audio after solving an update problem: [ATTACH] someone pls help me and pls stick to it ive been replying to people on my question but they never respond . so yea so i had update problem which i solved with windows update assistant . after this update when ever i start my laptop when i play a audio file i...
  10. Windows update Solving problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update Solving problems: I am trying to update Windows 10 and I get this error. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-update-solving-problems/b1e1973c-acc4-41fd-8a6f-91170fad3a6a

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp laptop 15-da0019nia halt problem