How to solve the GWXUX.EXE error

Discus and support How to solve the GWXUX.EXE error in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; GWXUX.exe is a file that’s supposed to nag you to upgrade to Windows 10. After downloading an update called KB30335583 a lot of people started to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Win10 FaQ, Jun 19, 2018.

1. Win10 FaQ
    Win10 FaQ New Member

GWXUX.exe is a file that’s supposed to nag you to upgrade to Windows 10. After downloading an update called KB30335583 a lot of people started to sometimes, for nor reason, get an error that says “GWXUX has stopped working” or “GWXUX – application error”. Even though the error itself can be just closed, and won’t [...]

The post How to solve the GWXUX.EXE error appeared first on Win10 FAQ.

read more...

Win10 FaQ, Jun 19, 2018
  2. DataMiner2 Win User

GWXUX Errors Advice Needed

thank you! it looks like i am still having critical errors from GWXUX even after the recommended solutions. any other ideas? thanks.

DataMiner2, Jun 19, 2018
  3. GeoffLester Win User
    [SOLVED] Cannot open .exe files

The clean boot needs an exe file to work, so therefore I can't do one!!!

Any other ideas that do not need a exe file?

GeoffLester, Jun 19, 2018
  4. Jessen P Win User

[SOLVED] Cannot open .exe files

Hi,

I appreciate you for trying some steps in order to get the issue fixed.

Please reply to the questions mentioned below in order to assist you in a better way.

• Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    • What is the complete error message that you get?
    • Is the issue specific to opening .exe files?
    I would request you to place the computer in clean boot and then check if the .exe files can be opened.

Perform a clean boot to check if any third party application is causing the issue, as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

How to troubleshoot problem by performing clean boot in Windows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: Refer "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting" to reset the computer to start as normal after troubleshooting.

Please revert if you still find error while opening the .exe files.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jun 19, 2018
Thema:

1. How to solve the GWXUX.EXE error - Similar Threads - solve GWXUX EXE

2. text colors SOLVED!!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    text colors SOLVED!!!!!: I am the one that started this nightmare about the font color and back round a year or so ago if not more....I did what no one thought of...yes I did it...I reversed the colors and now I have a black back round with white font and I just luv it. Stop blaming Microsoft and...
  3. Solved: In the middle of performing a reinstall, and my second monitor isn't working

Solved: In the middle of performing a reinstall, and my second monitor isn't working: I'm reinstalling Windows 10 on a laptop. My display is busted, so I have it hooked up to a second monitor via HDMI cable. I went through these instructions. I went through resetting the PC. The computer shut down. I turned it back on. Now, the second monitor isn't working at...
  4. Epson printer driver cannot be installed- solved by under settings/update and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Epson printer driver cannot be installed- solved by under settings/update and...: hi, there, I spent days to solve this printer driver problem. The printer worked fine and suddenly it did not work anymore. I was very frustrated and could not do my work for days. In the end, I needed to re-set my PC under settings/update and security/recovery/re-set...
  5. (SOLVED) 4 Numpad Key is Repeating After April Update

(SOLVED) 4 Numpad Key is Repeating After April Update: I recently updated to the 1803 April update on my Alienware 17 R4. I'm having a problem where (only when windows explorer is being controlled aka when it's not hidden) the 4/left key on my numberpad is repeating itself. It doesn't repeat itself on browsers, only on windows...
  6. wondows 10 1803 network problem solved and works

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    wondows 10 1803 network problem solved and works: my solution works and works perfectly. forget the crap that these so called mscp's etc give out its total crap and DOES NOT WORK END OF if your an end user and want to know private message me I will not paste the solution here as MS have deleted my last thread as I know...
  7. How do I solve relatively new Acer R15 Convertible laptop that has constant BSOD crashes...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I solve relatively new Acer R15 Convertible laptop that has constant BSOD crashes...: I received my laptop Dec. 2017 new from amazon. It arrived properly packaged but the display came misaligned with the body (visibly when closed down), which i ignored anyways. It worked pretty normally with everything for about 2 months. I stored my laptop slantly in a safe...
  8. [Solved] Is there a way to remove the superfluous IME buttons in the system tray?

in Windows 10 Customization
    [Solved] Is there a way to remove the superfluous IME buttons in the system tray?: I'll start my question with an image of my system tray to illustrate the problem: [ATTACH] As a translator, I have my Windows 10 set up to use 3 input languages: English, Japanese and Chinese. A recent update added an extra input method indicator shown as "ENG" on the top...
  9. Solving Network and Sharing Problem Window 10 v1803 OS Build 17134.137

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Solving Network and Sharing Problem Window 10 v1803 OS Build 17134.137: Open Start > Settings > Network & Internet > Status Scroll to the bottom Click Network and Sharing Center Click Change advanced sharing settings Expand All Networks Under Password protected sharing Switch between 'Turn on password protected sharing and Turn off...
  10. stop emails for solved problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    stop emails for solved problems: HOW DO I STOP EMAILS FOR RESOLVED PROBLEM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/stop-emails-for-solved-problems/3db5c3ed-7a09-4ccb-8c0b-ccea9d96a85d