Windows 10: How to solve the problem of signing in with a temporary profile?

Discus and support How to solve the problem of signing in with a temporary profile? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I ran a troubleshooting on Windows Store Apps as I found my Microsoft account was automatically logged out and most of my files are currently in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by yx755, Oct 13, 2021.

1. yx755 Win User

How to solve the problem of signing in with a temporary profile?

I ran a troubleshooting on Windows Store Apps as I found my Microsoft account was automatically logged out and most of my files are currently in the Users file. It showedIssues foundYou are signed in with a temporary profileYou are signed in with a temporary profileYour user profile couldn’t be loaded, files and settings changed in this profile will not be saved when you sign out.DetectedRestart your PC and sign in againCompletedPotential issues that were checkedSome security settings are missing or have been changedSome security settings are missing or have been changedIssue not presentCheck

:)

yx755, Oct 13, 2021

2. giving me the you have been signed into a temporary profile

My PC is giving me the you have been signed into a temporary profile bullshit every time i log in with password. It proceeds to then always do this no matter how much I try to fix it. Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10 that is the forum that I used. I tried every step for one .bak file but nothing worked. It just always logs me into a temporary profile no matter what I do to fix it.

TheMinevenger, Oct 13, 2021
  3. DJBenz Win User
    HELP! Signed in with a temporary account - not the usual problem

Hi folks,

I'm hoping someone can help with this. My Windows 10 PC had a problem today where it couldn't find the boot drive. I replaced the SATA cable and it solved the problem, but when Windows 10 started back up it logged me in and gave the

message. I've googled this error and found this tutorial on how to fix it but the first step is to back up files and folders from C:\Users\(problem profile).

However, this folder no longer exists on my HDD. If I look at the profile registry key, it's pointing at where the folder should be, but the folder is gone. It's not hidden, I have hidden files viewable, it's just gone.

It was my profile, it was an administrator account. The rest of the family's profiles and files are intact, but mine are gone.

To add insult to injury, I tried a system restore from an automatic point taken at lunchtime today, but the process fails with this error:

How to solve the problem of signing in with a temporary profile? [​IMG]

Can anyone help, please?

DJBenz, Oct 13, 2021
  4. SBEV Win User

Fix You've been signed in with a temporary profile in Windows 10  

Morning

Got exactly this problem. To start with it was named correctly, so I went thru the steps described above. Then it was named incorrectly so I went through those steps. Now it just keeps generating new temporary profiles (scrolling up through numbers each time). I've included some pics below. vickerse is the right username.

Serves me right for doing software updates :/. It did load initially after the updates tho.

All advice appreciated! Please and thank you.

Thema:

1. How to solve the problem of signing in with a temporary profile? - Similar Threads - solve problem signing

2. How to solve the problem of signing in with a temporary profile?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to solve the problem of signing in with a temporary profile?: I ran a troubleshooting on Windows Store Apps as I found my Microsoft account was automatically logged out and most of my files are currently in the Users file. It showedIssues foundYou are signed in with a temporary profileYou are signed in with a temporary profileYour user...
  3. How to solve the problem of signing in with a temporary profile?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to solve the problem of signing in with a temporary profile?: I ran a troubleshooting on Windows Store Apps as I found my Microsoft account was automatically logged out and most of my files are currently in the Users file. It showedIssues foundYou are signed in with a temporary profileYou are signed in with a temporary profileYour user...
  4. Temporary Profile sign in issues

in Windows 10 Customization
    Temporary Profile sign in issues: My desktop has decided on its own to sign me into a temporary profile. I tried booting into Safe Mode, but that has not fixed the problem. I no longer have access to any of my files....
  5. Temporary profile problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temporary profile problem: Hi , I have problem with temporary profile in windows 10. After that i saw some solution videos and in that they suggested to go in regedit and profile list and delete .bak code file from there. I had deleted that .bak file but i think it was my original profile. So now...
  6. Sign out of temporary profile

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Sign out of temporary profile: While Windows 10 HOME edition is starting I get "Preparing Windows", which I had never received before. Once I log in I get: We can't sign in to your account. This problem can often be fixed by signing out of your account and then signing back in. If you don't sign out now,...
  7. Signed with temporary profile

Signed with temporary profile: i receive the blue banner for sign out , because i dont know why my pc start with sign with a temporary profile , and , again and again , window 10 64 bits update 2004. How i resolve it ???...
  8. Temporary Profile problems

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Temporary Profile problems: After update 1903 I have been logged into a temporary profile. I do not think I am competent enough to do a 'regedit'. How can I get my own profile re-instated?...
  9. Signing in with Temporary Profile

Signing in with Temporary Profile: I just purchased a Surface Laptop 2 and was working perfectly fine for the first week and now every time that I sign in it tells me there was a problem with logging me in and says I need to sign out and sign back in. When I do that I just continue to get the same message....
  10. Temporary profile problem?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Temporary profile problem?: Ok so I know how to fix the problem from looking on YouTube with directions as it's happened to me twice now but now the actual problem i'm having to ask here is regarding fixing my mom's name on the computer. After I finished fixing my name and restarted the computer which...