Windows 10: How to solve the problem that the desktop cannot create a new file

Discus and support How to solve the problem that the desktop cannot create a new file in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello,If I create a new file on the desktop, "The project cannot be found, the project is not in C:\user\tang". I tried to create a new file in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 棋汤, Nov 20, 2018.

1. 棋汤 Win User

How to solve the problem that the desktop cannot create a new file

hello,If I create a new file on the desktop, "The project cannot be found, the project is not in C:\user\tang". I tried to create a new file in C:\user\tang but it succeeded. There is no problem in creating a new file on the D.E.F disk.

What should I do?Thank you.

:)

棋汤, Nov 20, 2018

2. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 20, 2018
  3. gudiya#1 Win User
    creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Thanks, the step you mentioned

Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.
    • Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

It's working for me. But my new folder option is not working anywhere not in desktop as well as not in file explorer. Whenever I am placing my cursor on new folder option, its first spinning for few seconds then goes to close the file
    explorer and refresh the desktop once.

gudiya#1, Nov 20, 2018
  4. lx07 Win User

Problem solved!

I already marked this solved with the solution, thanks anyways.

Thema:

1. How to solve the problem that the desktop cannot create a new file - Similar Threads - solve problem desktop

2. Cannot send Shortcut to Desktop and cannot create New Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot send Shortcut to Desktop and cannot create New Folders: Hi, I'm using Win 10 Home and have reached the point where I cannot send a shortcut to the Desktop and cannot create new folders. I have checked the system files and found no problems. I'm afraid I'm going to do a reinstall of Windows which scares me. Ztruker asked: You asked...
  3. cannot send shortcut to Desktop and cannot create new folders

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot send shortcut to Desktop and cannot create new folders: Hi all, Appreciate all the welcome posts. I'm using Win 10 Home and have reached the point where I cannot send a shortcut to the Desktop and cannot create new folders. I have checked the system files and found no problems. I'm afraid I'm going to do a reinstall of Windows...
  4. For solving the error of "creating new folders."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    For solving the error of "creating new folders.": Hello everyone, I am in trouble! i am unable to create a folder from context menu on anywhere. Please make me solve this issue so that i can create folders as it is really important for me. I have recently installed office 2019 official from the Microsoft website with...
  5. A problem I cannot solve

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    A problem I cannot solve: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/BullyDemon [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iqpyw5/a_problem_i_cannot_solve/
  6. How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?: To create a new virtual desktop, press Win+Ctrl+d. Got that. But how do I create a new virtual desktop that has only 1 or two icons from the original in Win 10 v1903 (the last successful update was Feb 13)? Thanks. 151507
  7. Cannot solve a problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot solve a problem: Hello! I did a back up on my pc and everything it was good but today when i opened my pc my all files and everything i saved it was gone.I found the files in OneDrive but the game progresses was gone i took all the files from the OneDrive i put they on desktop after i...
  8. How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to create a virtual desktop with new or no icons?: To create a new virtual desktop, press Win+Ctrl+d. Got that. But how do I create a new virtual desktop that has only 1 or two icons from the original in Win 10 v1903 (the last successful update was Feb 13)? Thanks. 151507
  9. cannot create new folder on desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    cannot create new folder on desktop: When I right click on the desktop screen and click new folder my screen blanks out then comes back, but am unable to create a new folder. Whats going on here? Thanks for any help. K 131706
  10. Cannot create New Folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot create New Folder in File Explorer: It works fine, but suddenly today the New menu disappeared from my click menu when I click on any blank place in a folder. What's worse, if I click the New Folder button under the File Explorer top menu, there is no response. In the end, I can only create new folders using...