Windows 10: How to solve Windows Unactivated after upgrade to October 2020 Windows 10

Discus and support How to solve Windows Unactivated after upgrade to October 2020 Windows 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello Community, I'd be grateful to get your advice on the following. Thank you. SUMMARY After Windows 10 October 2020 update, my Windows says it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LiftyK, Dec 17, 2020.

1. LiftyK Win User

How to solve Windows Unactivated after upgrade to October 2020 Windows 10

Hello Community, I'd be grateful to get your advice on the following. Thank you.

SUMMARY

After Windows 10 October 2020 update, my Windows says it is not activated even though it was activated for the last six years.

ALL GOOD UNTIL THIS WEEK

• My PC has been running Windows since late 2014, with whatever version was around then, with a installation using my retail Windows kit, probably Win 8 Pro as I have the disks and key
    • I upgraded 'for free' to Windows 10 when it first came out
    • Until recently my PC and Windows have performed flawlessly and each upgrade has worked just fine
    • On the previous Windows 10 update attempt, a month or two ago,I ended up with a blue screen but it successfully rolled back as it noticed something had gone wrong
    • All was working at the beginning of this week

THIS WEEK - UPDATE AND ACTIVATION PROBLEMS

• This week the October 2020 update went in. No errors were reported.
    • It seemed to be working OK except that response to a right mouse click was terribly slow
    • Then a watermark appeared on my screen asking me to activate Windows
    • I followed the online trouble shooter several times. This did not resolve my problems. It reported a collection of:

Error message: we can’t reach our activation servers at the moment 0x800704CF

Error: Something interrupted our troubleshooting. Make sure you are connected to the internet

Error on Windows Pro page: “processing….” Stays there forever

Error message: the last product key 00330-80000-00000-AA869O you entered can’t be used on this copy of windows.

Error message: unable to activate Windows. 0x80070005

• I used a utility called Jelly Bean. It reported a key but it did not work when I entered it.
    • In one of my many online automated troubleshooting sessions, the 'call me back' worked. A Microsoft agent patiently listened to my woes, explained that the key that Jelly Bean reported was a generic key and I had to buy a new license
    • After much searching in my house I found my original Windows 8 Pro disks and key. This key didn't work either and I received "Windows is not activated - something interrupted our troubleshooting... error 0x80070005"

TEMPORARY RECOVERYI asked Windows Update to roll back to a previous version of Windows. This worked OK and after this a mouse right click was back to normal speed b my Windows 10 was happily activated again. When I type slmgr.vbs /dlv it reports: Windows Professional edition, Windows Operating System, RETAIL channel. Under the activation part of control panel is says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account".

WHAT TO DO?

Now the system understands that it is activated, by rolling back, what can I do so that it stays activated when I do the October 2020 update again? Note: when I run wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey

it comes back with a blank line, no key that I might be able re-enter after the update. Alternatively, how could I use my original Windows 8 key that would not be accepted after the update?

Thanks for your advice

:)

LiftyK, Dec 17, 2020
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 17, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 17, 2020
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Dec 17, 2020
Thema:

1. How to solve Windows Unactivated after upgrade to October 2020 Windows 10 - Similar Threads - solve Unactivated upgrade

2. Dvd's not playing after windows 10 October 2020 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dvd's not playing after windows 10 October 2020 update: Hello. I've read a number of previous posts on this subject, but the issue remains unresolved. After the windows 10 update I am no longer able to play DVD's in my disc drive that played just fine prior to the update - CD's play just fine. I've performed every "fix" listed in...
  3. Black Screen after October 2020 Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen after October 2020 Windows 10 update: I left my laptop overnight to install the rather large latest windows 10 update. This morning it appeared to be on a permanent frozen black screen. 6 hours later, it remained this way. Without powering down and then being without the update, how can I resolve this issue?...
  4. Windows 10 October 2020 update

Windows 10 October 2020 update: Hey there ! Is windows 10 october update officially available? Where can I download the iso file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-2020-update/e3fa5a2a-1191-459d-9184-1cf8d421f835
  5. Windows Update October 2020

Windows Update October 2020: After I downloaded the update , I restarted my laptop and when I went to settings again it shows that attention needed and after going to update and security it just shows please wait and shows nothing The screen shot of the following is provided below :-[ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  6. Windows 10 October 2020 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 October 2020 Update: I have heard that Microsoft has released an October a.k.a 20H2 Update. I have checked for updates many times in Settings. But, it is showing that Windows is up to date. Please help... My latest build no. is 19041.572. So, is the update already installed ?...
  7. How to download and install the Windows 10 October 2020 Update

in Windows 10 News
    How to download and install the Windows 10 October 2020 Update: Windows 10 October 2020 Update is now rolling out in phases. The rollout is expected to take several weeks, but if you’re feeling impatient, there are three ways to download and install the October 2020 Update right now. Windows 10’s latest feature update is primarily...
  8. Windows October 2020 Update

Windows October 2020 Update: Running this updated deleted files on my D drive. How can I get them back!!!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-october-2020-update/08ad7556-4456-4735-9c13-ae31942e24fd
  9. Windows 10 October 2020 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 October 2020 update: Hi Theres rumors saying that Microsoft could release the October 2020 update in the next few days. Is this true? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-october-2020-update/021a779d-9d81-4cde-8170-d4ed6b1d9337
  10. Windows 10 Pro Unactivated After Upgrading Motherboard and CPU

Windows 10 Pro Unactivated After Upgrading Motherboard and CPU: I've tried troubleshooting like the website had told me to and it did not help. I originally had Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and now it says I need to activate windows. I upgraded my motherboard, cpu, and heatsink and I used the computer for a few hours and only now the activate...