Windows 10: How to sort apps in windows 11

Discus and support How to sort apps in windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just started using Win 11 on a new computer. I am very happy with the organization of apps when the start button is clicked. When clicks on more, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by FailedCellar392, Jul 23, 2022.

1. How to sort apps in windows 11

I just started using Win 11 on a new computer. I am very happy with the organization of apps when the start button is clicked. When clicks on more, the apps appear to be arranged by date of installation. Is there a way to sort the apps in alphabetical order similar to the Win 10 start menu?I've seen several users complaining about this. Some solutions require editing the registry. The suggestions all come with a caveat: Microsoft has disabled these suggestions on later builds.If anyone from Microsoft reads this, please add my voice to those who have already complained.

:)

FailedCellar392, Jul 23, 2022

2. sorting jpg files

Hi

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you let us know, are you trying to sort in files in Explorer or Photos app?

If you are sorting in explorer, follow the steps mentioned below.

1. Open the folder in which files are stored.
    2. Right click on empty space of window.
    3. Select Sort by and click on
      Type

If you are trying to sort in Photos app by extension, we would suggest you to provide your feedback in
    Send feedback to Microsoft with the Feedback Hub app
    as there is no option available to sort by extension in the app. However you can sort by Modified, Newest, Oldest, and Alphabetical.

If you want to look only for the files with .jpg extension in photos app, you may type
    *.jpg in the search bar.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Manjunath H

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Manjunath_H, Jul 23, 2022
  3. Dos101 Win User
    Windows Phone users Clubhouse

I think I'll put a list of people's favourite apps in the OP, starting with my own until I get some suggestions, but you can take a look at the Windows Phone app store at the top apps to see what's popular http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store

You are both now added, welcome! *Toast :toast:

Dos101, Jul 23, 2022
  4. How to sort apps in windows 11

Sorting mail in Windows 10

Hi Sujata,

Will you please provide step-by-step instructions based on your suggestion below? I want to stop Windows 10 mail from dividing my mail by date and simply sort by date received, latest date first.

What you suggested: "If you want to then you can sort ‘From’ option wherein, you see all mails from sender followed alphabetically. "

I have not found anything in the mail app that points to a sort From option.

Also, the link you provided has no relevance to the very clear and specific question the OP asked.

Thanks!

Clark Bohs, Jul 23, 2022
Thema:

How to sort apps in windows 11

1. How to sort apps in windows 11 - Similar Threads - sort apps

2. Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...: I have an issue with videos not sorting chronologically as to date taken in Windows 11 Photo App. Photos all sort properly by date taken. Today I exported some old videos and photos from Apple's Photo Library app onto a flash drive and then imported into Windows app, using...
  3. Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app properly sorts photos by date taken, but all videos appear as taken today...: I have an issue with videos not sorting chronologically as to date taken in Windows 11 Photo App. Photos all sort properly by date taken. Today I exported some old videos and photos from Apple's Photo Library app onto a flash drive and then imported into Windows app, using...
  4. How can I sort the pictures on the Windows 11 Photos App by date??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I sort the pictures on the Windows 11 Photos App by date??: I am currently organising all of my pictures and I wanted to do this on my Windows 11 Laptop, as I thought this was going to be easier than doing it on my phone. I transferred all of my pictures no problems there and then wanted to start organising. I sorted my pictures by...
  5. How can I sort the pictures on the Windows 11 Photos App by date??

How can I sort the pictures on the Windows 11 Photos App by date??: I am currently organising all of my pictures and I wanted to do this on my Windows 11 Laptop, as I thought this was going to be easier than doing it on my phone. I transferred all of my pictures no problems there and then wanted to start organising. I sorted my pictures by...
  6. No way of sorting/organizing photos by time on the new Photos app when importing from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No way of sorting/organizing photos by time on the new Photos app when importing from...: I am trying to import photos from a connected iPhone via the new photos app.In the old photos app, photos from a connected device will automatically be sorted by date, with the newest photos on top. However, in the current new Photos app there is no such sorting of the...
  7. No way of sorting/organizing photos by time on the new Photos app when importing from...

No way of sorting/organizing photos by time on the new Photos app when importing from...: I am trying to import photos from a connected iPhone via the new photos app.In the old photos app, photos from a connected device will automatically be sorted by date, with the newest photos on top. However, in the current new Photos app there is no such sorting of the...
  8. New Windows Photos app not sorting photos in the correct order.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New Windows Photos app not sorting photos in the correct order.: I am using both one drive and apple photos, when viewing media the media does not respect the date taken order. I.E. I have a two pictures that were taken at the same time, separated by several pictures that were taken before or after. It is beyond belief that MS cannot even...
  9. New Windows Photos app not sorting photos in the correct order.

New Windows Photos app not sorting photos in the correct order.: I am using both one drive and apple photos, when viewing media the media does not respect the date taken order. I.E. I have a two pictures that were taken at the same time, separated by several pictures that were taken before or after. It is beyond belief that MS cannot even...
  10. Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Photos App sorting photos by wrong date: I recently added a large batch of photos to my PC that were previously in Google Photos.I like to use the Microsoft Photos app to view my photos by date, but the added photos are all showing up under the date that I added them Oct 22, rather than by date taken January 2019...