Windows 10: How to sort documents

Discus and support How to sort documents in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have copied my documents from win 7 to win 10 build 9879 and they are reversed in order. For example zip codes is listed first, while acronis is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by KY COLONEL, Nov 26, 2014.

1. How to sort documents

I have copied my documents from win 7 to win 10 build 9879 and they are reversed in order.

For example zip codes is listed first, while acronis is listed last on the page. There are about 50 total
    docs. on the page. Does anyone know how to make it sort the documents alphabetically ?
    I've tried all the options that I can find and see no way to make it do that. I want it A TO Z, Not
    Z to A .. *Biggrin

**** Never mind answering, I found it... I right clicked in the docs folder and the option is there to sort
    either by ascending or descending.. Thanks anyway..

:)

KY COLONEL, Nov 26, 2014
  2. SFogle Win User

How do I find the tools I was using in Windows 7 such as sorting and spell check?

I have just installed Windows 10 and can't find where to sort my document or how to use spell check on a document.

I looked for toolbars and can find nothing about how to do basic operations to my documents.

Where can I find the old tools I used to have?

SFogle, Nov 26, 2014
  3. How do I sort files by size?

I have a long list of Word documents and need to sort them smallest to largest.

They can be selected by range, how silly is that?

EmeroGorK2, Nov 26, 2014
  4. Ztruker Win User

How to sort documents

You can also click on the column headings to sort by name, date, size, etc.

Ztruker, Nov 27, 2014
Thema:

How to sort documents

1. How to sort documents - Similar Threads - sort documents

2. Pictures in gallery folder not sorting out by date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pictures in gallery folder not sorting out by date: Hi,On Gallery folder pictures are sort out by name, when they should be by date, and i do not have the right pane with years like in the app Photos....
  3. Pictures in gallery folder not sorting out by date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pictures in gallery folder not sorting out by date: Hi,On Gallery folder pictures are sort out by name, when they should be by date, and i do not have the right pane with years like in the app Photos....
  4. USBC dual montitor issue, and THEN Microsoft Community is defective - can NOT even sort...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USBC dual montitor issue, and THEN Microsoft Community is defective - can NOT even sort...: I have an issue, LIKE SO MANY OTHERS, wherein all along something worked UNTIL it didn't...USBC Hub with monitors FOR A BUSINESS LAPTOP, just quit recognizing monitors one day in April 2024 - M1 MacPro works as it always has, while an HP Home computer is fine. Yet somehow a...
  5. USBC dual montitor issue, and THEN Microsoft Community is defective - can NOT even sort...

USBC dual montitor issue, and THEN Microsoft Community is defective - can NOT even sort...: I have an issue, LIKE SO MANY OTHERS, wherein all along something worked UNTIL it didn't...USBC Hub with monitors FOR A BUSINESS LAPTOP, just quit recognizing monitors one day in April 2024 - M1 MacPro works as it always has, while an HP Home computer is fine. Yet somehow a...
  6. Order sorting of folders in Pictures in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Order sorting of folders in Pictures in File Explorer: I have file explorer win 11. I have been downloading photos from IPhone to PC Win 11. When I do it, I save to a new folder say 2024-04-14. When open "Pictures" in File Explorer the folders are sorted by date numerically just as I would expect- but Pictures tab, at top left...
  7. Order sorting of folders in Pictures in File Explorer

Order sorting of folders in Pictures in File Explorer: I have file explorer win 11. I have been downloading photos from IPhone to PC Win 11. When I do it, I save to a new folder say 2024-04-14. When open "Pictures" in File Explorer the folders are sorted by date numerically just as I would expect- but Pictures tab, at top left...
  8. How do I turn the sort feature off in OneNote, so I can drag and drop documents? Or, is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I turn the sort feature off in OneNote, so I can drag and drop documents? Or, is...: How do I turn the sort feature off in OneNote, so I can drag and drop documents? Or, is there another fix if the drag and drop feature stopped working? I have a new Surface Pro and Windows 10, and I can no longer drag and drop into OneNote. I've reinstalled, etc. with no...
  9. How do I turn the sort feature off in OneNote, so I can drag and drop documents? Or, is...

How do I turn the sort feature off in OneNote, so I can drag and drop documents? Or, is...: How do I turn the sort feature off in OneNote, so I can drag and drop documents? Or, is there another fix if the drag and drop feature stopped working? I have a new Surface Pro and Windows 10, and I can no longer drag and drop into OneNote. I've reinstalled, etc. with no...
  10. File explorer sorts my folders in documents alphabetically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer sorts my folders in documents alphabetically: but I don't want them to be split into 3 columns of A-H, I-P and Q-Z. I want them to be in one list without being divided up. It isn't necessary in my book anyway!. Thanks for any help....