Windows 10: How to sort Files by Extension into separate Folder in Windows 11/10

Discus and support How to sort Files by Extension into separate Folder in Windows 11/10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you have a folder containing countless files of different formats, you can follow this guide to sort Files by Extensions into a separate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 29, 2022.

1. WinClub New Member

How to sort Files by Extension into separate Folder in Windows 11/10

How to sort Files by Extension into separate Folder in Windows 11/10 create-folders-by-file-extensions-2.png
    If you have a folder containing countless files of different formats, you can follow this guide to sort Files by Extensions into a separate Folder in Windows 11/10. No third-party app is needed since you can do it with the help of a BAT file. Let’s assume that you have hundreds of files of various […]

This article How to sort Files by Extension into separate Folder in Windows 11/10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 29, 2022
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 29, 2022
  3. How to sort files by extension?

Hi vvvvasily,

I'm Stefano an Independent Advisor, here to help you.

You can do that following this procedure:

1. Open the folder in which are the files you want to order.

2. Right click on a blank point

3. Click on "Sort by"

4. Click on "Other"

5. Select "Extension" from the list

6. Click on "Ok"

Then:

1. Open the folder in which are the files you want to order.

2. Right click on a blank point

3. Click on "Sort by"

4. Click on "Extension"

Please let me know if that solves your issue.

StefanoTamiotti, Apr 29, 2022
  4. cereberus Win User

Sorting with File Explorer.

I tried the method that was complicated (3rd option) but fell over in second step as I could not find any "apply to folder button"'.

However, the simple put *.* in search bar, then sort results windows by date does the trick. It is slightly cumbersome as I have to do that each time I am selecting files (to upload to sharepoint) but a lot less hassle than I was having to scroll up and down between sorted file block and sorted folder block.

Many thanks.

M.

cereberus, Apr 29, 2022
Thema:

1. How to sort Files by Extension into separate Folder in Windows 11/10 - Similar Threads - sort Files Extension

2. Win 11 File Explorer file sort correct folder sort incorrect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 File Explorer file sort correct folder sort incorrect: I don't understand why folder names sort ones before zeroes, example:All else being equal, I expect the sort order to run 01, 02, 03, 04, etc.Files inside folders sort by file name as expected....
  3. Windows 11 Sort Files By Extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Sort Files By Extension: In the old days if you clicked on a list of files in a folder, it would alternate between sorting by name, file extension, file size, etc. Now it's different. You can select more than one field to sort on, and which fields to sort first, second, etc. The fields you select...
  4. Windows 11 Sort Files By Extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Sort Files By Extension: In the old days if you clicked on a list of files in a folder, it would alternate between sorting by name, file extension, file size, etc. Now it's different. You can select more than one field to sort on, and which fields to sort first, second, etc. The fields you select...
  5. How to rename all File Extensions in a Folder at once in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to rename all File Extensions in a Folder at once in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]If you want to rename all file extensions in a folder or sub-folder at once on Windows 11 or Windows 10 PC, here is how you can do that. You do not need to use a third-party application as you can get the job done via Notepad and a simple command. Here is the...
  6. How to change Copy name extension for Files and Folders in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Copy name extension for Files and Folders in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]In Windows 11, the method to Cut, Copy, Paste, Rename, Delete, Share Files and Folders remains the same as in Windows 10 – but these files/folders operation commands can be accessed via the Show more options context menu. In this post, we will show you how to change...
  7. Sort and group files types by extension

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort and group files types by extension: Is there anyway to teach windows to group same type files, ie .jpg/.png and .avi/.mkv/.mp4 together? When I sort my media folder by type, i end up with .mp4 files being sandwiched between jpg and pngs Please dont tell me to make additional folders, I have my own reasons and...
  8. How to sort files by extension?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to sort files by extension?: How, Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-sort-files-by-extension/a3e24bef-33b1-4d42-9aac-5df456034326"
  9. How to rename multiple sorted files while ignoring file extensions

in Windows 10 Support
    How to rename multiple sorted files while ignoring file extensions: I have a problem with the batch rename feature in Windows 10. This is when you select multiple files, right click and select "rename" and then type in the new name into the first file's name field. This will make all selected files the name you typed in with an "(X)" after...
  10. Sort Files in folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Sort Files in folders: Win 10 won't let me move photo files in a folder. Help please*Mad 51885