Windows 10: how to sort sticky notes by color?

Discus and support how to sort sticky notes by color? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've assigned categories to sticky note colors. How can I sort the notes by color? Is it possible to sort by title, date or alphabetically?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bjgeog, Sep 11, 2019.

1. bjgeog Win User

how to sort sticky notes by color?

I've assigned categories to sticky note colors. How can I sort the notes by color?

Is it possible to sort by title, date or alphabetically?

:)

bjgeog, Sep 11, 2019

2. Can't delete unused Sticky Notes neither change their colors

Hi Yhendra,

Thank you for using Windows10.

I understand your concern and would suggest that you try deleting the sticky note from the source location of the sticky notes from the specific user account.

The AppData folder in the below step is a hidden folder, try the below step to unhide it and later try the steps mentioned.

Steps to unhide:

• Open File Explorer by right click on Start Icon
      and select File Explorer.
    • Click on View and check Hidden items.

Try the below step to delete the sticky note:

a) Open File Explorer.

b) Navigate to the following location:
    C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Sticky Notes.

c) In the Stick notes
    folder you will find a file called StickyNotes.snt

d) You will need the file named StickyNotes.snt

Note: If you delete StickyNotes.snt
    file this will delete all the sticky notes present on the computer event the new ones.

Make sure that you backup any newly created sticky notes.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need further assistance and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Micah Bat Win User
    sticky notes

Hi Gary,

To better assist you regarding your concern, can you tell us what are you trying to do with your sticky notes? Are you trying to add a reminder to an open sticky note? If so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Sticky Notes
    • Write a note
    • Indicate the time and date you want Cortana to remind you. (ex. October 14, 2014 3:15 AM)
    • After doing so, the text of date and time will be color Blue. Click the
      date and time
    • Click Add Reminder
    • Customize your reminder and then, click Remind.

By then, Cortana will now save your reminder.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Xylee Del Win User

sticky notes

Hello,

Sticky notes may have encountered a system file corruption that caused this. We suggest that you run the

Windows app troubleshooter
    for this issue. Meanwhile, we also recommend that you reset your Sticky Notes app by following the steps below:

• Click the Windows icon and click Settings.
    • Click System, and then click Apps & features on the left menu.
    • Click on Sticky Notes on the list found on your right menu, click
      Advanced options link, and click the Reset button.
    • Click the Reset button again when you see the confirmation dialog to reset Sticky Notes app.
    • Close the Settings window and check your Sticky Notes app.

Let us know the results.

Xylee Del, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. how to sort sticky notes by color? - Similar Threads - sort sticky notes

2. Sticky Notes stuck on Loading Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 News
    Sticky Notes stuck on Loading Sticky Notes: Some users have faced this issue that when after opening the Sticky Notes app, the app doesn’t show or load the Sticky Notes list that contains all the notes stored by users. It just stuck there and closing and re-opening the app doesn’t help. If after launching Sticky Notes,...
  3. How to Download Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Download Sticky Notes: Trying to download sticky notes program but get no reply from site. Where is it? Where can I download it? Am I missing something? Need it on PC. [Original Title: sticky notes]...
  4. Sticky Note

Sticky Note: Hi! After Windows update I can't open Sticky Note App. It shows that i'ts loading, but then disapear. I have there infomation that i really need and i understand that I can't use App reset option....
  5. Sticky Notes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky Notes: Hi! I have Windows 10. How do I turn off the hyperlinks on my Sticky Notes? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes/651eb2ef-de96-4508-8bcc-5e7df8412514
  6. sticky notes

sticky notes: Recently IT reconfigured my computer to Windows 10 update. They reinstalled all my files, including my Sticky Notes. However, my Sticky Notes now keep vanishing. I read some online things about how to find the backups but it appears that I don't even have the Sticky Notes app...
  7. STICKY NOTES- FONT COLORS

STICKY NOTES- FONT COLORS: I'm curious, is there a way for me to change the colors of my fonts on my Sticky Notes? Granted, the default obviously is black, but can it be changed to other colors? If so how? I've look at numerous videos on You Tube, and most show you have to go to "paint, type...
  8. sticky notes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sticky notes: My sticky notes all went blank. How do I recover them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sticky-notes/559bde21-9e59-43b9-8b46-b4958262729c
  9. Sticky Notes color/brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sticky Notes color/brightness: I was wondering why we only have the option for 6 basic bright colors as background for the sticky notes, when it is so easy to just put in a color wheel with brightness options. As a designer who is pretty much used to only working in dark grey themed program And i love...
  10. Change Color of Sticky Notes in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Color of Sticky Notes in Windows 10: How to: Change Color of Sticky Notes in Windows 10 How to Change Color of Sticky Notes in Windows 10 The Sticky Notes app is a preinstalled UWP (Universal Windows Platform) app in Windows 10. This apps allows you to create and save notes to the desktop of your Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sort sticky notes by color

2. sort sticky notes alphabetically

3. sort sticky notes

4. win 10 sticky notes how to sort by date