Windows 10: How to specify a different microsoft accounts for syncing with Edge?

Discus and support How to specify a different microsoft accounts for syncing with Edge? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am using local account to log into my PC. Because I use different microsoft accounts for my general usage (logging in to windows 8 on my tablet)... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by mocax, Nov 15, 2015.

1. mocax Win User

How to specify a different microsoft accounts for syncing with Edge?

I am using local account to log into my PC.

Because I use different microsoft accounts for my general usage (logging in to windows 8 on my tablet) and for gaming (for use in the xbox).

microsoft edge can now sync settings and bookmarks in the latest update, but it requires me to switch to my microsoft account to enable sync.

Is there a way to enable sync with my choice of microsoft accounts?

Conversely, if I switch to using my main microsoft account for logging into the PC, how do I use my gaming microsoft account if I decide to play some microsoft games?

:)

mocax, Nov 15, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Favorites

The idea behind a cloud account like the Microsoft account is that everything syncs. But it doesn't have to be that way. Go to Settings > Accounts > Sync your settings to specify what will and won't sync.

BulldogXX, Nov 15, 2015
  3. Lonchik Win User
    How to specify extension for a contact?

I'm guessing it is some unlucky combination of WM5, Treo 700, and Sprint's firmware customization that affects this functionality. Bummer...

Lonchik, Nov 15, 2015
Thema:

How to specify a different microsoft accounts for syncing with Edge?

1. How to specify a different microsoft accounts for syncing with Edge? - Similar Threads - specify different microsoft

2. Microsoft Edge sync problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge sync problems: Hello!I have been having Microsoft Edge sync problems for a month now. Every 2-3 days I would get suddenly logged off the browser profile and this message would appear : We can't sync to your account since we need to confirm that it's you. Please sign in again to verify your...
  3. Microsoft Edge sync problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Edge sync problems: Hello!I have been having Microsoft Edge sync problems for a month now. Every 2-3 days I would get suddenly logged off the browser profile and this message would appear : We can't sync to your account since we need to confirm that it's you. Please sign in again to verify your...
  4. microsoft edge is not syncing

in Windows 10 Customization
    microsoft edge is not syncing: i noticed that my password was not syncing for a website and realised that the syncing and that showed upi tried many things and 1 was goin onto edge://sync/ and it showed this those were the only red 1s on there could u help me pls thank u...
  5. microsoft edge is not syncing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft edge is not syncing: i noticed that my password was not syncing for a website and realised that the syncing and that showed upi tried many things and 1 was goin onto edge://sync/ and it showed this those were the only red 1s on there could u help me pls thank u...
  6. microsoft edge is not syncing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Microsoft Edge tabs sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Edge tabs sync: My laptop died and I have purchased a new one, but my previous tabs have disappeared and are not showing up on sync. Are they linked to my google or Microsoft account? Is there any way to get them back?...
  8. Edge does not sync different PC

Edge does not sync different PC: Hi, I just imported favourites from Chrome and i noticed that they are not synced over my other laptops connected to the network, even if they use the same microsoft account. [ATTACH] What can i do?...
  9. Microsoft Account Syncing to Local Account on Different PC

Microsoft Account Syncing to Local Account on Different PC: Hello, how in the world is this happening? I have an account on a laptop that is local and I am the only administrator. On my desktop PC, I only have a single account which is a Microsoft account. Somehow, my desktop wallpaper has synced onto my laptop local account from...
  10. How to sync Microsoft Edge settings?

How to sync Microsoft Edge settings?: I tried but failed to sync Microsoft Edge setting on my both laptops - Surface pro 3 and Surface pro 6. I went into my Microsoft account and found that my both computers are doing great, the sync function is enabled on both devices. However my Surface pro 6 does not show my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. specify a different microsoft accounts for syncing with edge?