Windows 10: How to specify the Default profile to open external links in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support How to specify the Default profile to open external links in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you often need to open links from another app, you can specify the default profile that the Microsoft Edge browser should use to open […]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jul 10, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

How to specify the Default profile to open external links in Microsoft Edge

WinClub, Jul 10, 2020
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done How to specify the Default profile to open external links in Microsoft Edge :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Jul 10, 2020
  3. John Vil Win User
    Can't open Outlook links in Edge

Hi,

In order for us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Dose this problem occur on a particular website or all the links you try to open from Outlook?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done?

In the meantime, we suggest that you reset Microsoft Edge. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click on More options […].
    • Click on Settings.
    • Click on ‘Choose what to clear’.
    • Select all of them and click on Clear all.

We look forward for your reply.

John Vil, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Using multiple profiles is now easier with Microsoft Edge

Source: Using multiple profiles at work and at home is now easier with Microsoft Edge - Microsoft Edge Blog

How to Add a Profile in Microsoft Edge Chromium

How to Sign in and Sign out of Profile in Microsoft Edge Chromium

How to Change Name of Profile in Microsoft Edge Chromium

How to Change Profile Picture in Microsoft Edge Chromium

Turn On or Off Automatic Profile Switching in Microsoft Edge Chromium

Change Default Profile to Open External Links in Microsoft Edge

Brink, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

1. How to specify the Default profile to open external links in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - specify Default profile

2. How to stop Edge opening for links

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to stop Edge opening for links: My default browser is Chrome. Edge has now started opening when I click on links external to Chrome. I cannot change it through Default settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-edge-opening-for-links/26420b2d-416b-4089-9dcc-de88419ee009
  3. How to stop Edge opening for links

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to stop Edge opening for links: My default browser is Chrome. Edge has now started opening when I click on links external to Chrome. I cannot change it through Default settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-edge-opening-for-links/26420b2d-416b-4089-9dcc-de88419ee009
  4. Stop edge from opening links and use default browser

Stop edge from opening links and use default browser: What is MS's problem with respecting my wishes to use a browser other than Edge to open links. Since this last update Edge is opening more for other links than usually. It was annoying before and now it is unbearable. I have my preferences, and Microsoft is not one of them in...
  5. Stop edge from opening links and use default browser

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop edge from opening links and use default browser: What is MS's problem with respecting my wishes to use a browser other than Edge to open links. Since this last update Edge is opening more for other links than usually. It was annoying before and now it is unbearable. I have my preferences, and Microsoft is not one of them in...
  6. Stop edge from opening links and use default browser

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. why is windows opening links in edge with chrome as my default

why is windows opening links in edge with chrome as my default: i've looked at other questions where the answer is to repair or reset edge which i have tried or switch to edge. i do not want to switch to edge i want to keep chrome.instead of acting like it is an error with edge and telling us to do things that will not work why not tell...
  8. How to open News and Interests links in your default browser; Not Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to open News and Interests links in your default browser; Not Edge: A couple of days back, Microsoft announced that it will be rolling out its new feature, News and Interests for Windows 10. Although the announcement of the feature was made in January earlier this year, it is only now that people would be able to get their hands on it....
  9. Unable to Open links in mail, edge is default browser

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to Open links in mail, edge is default browser: Unable to Open links in mail, edge is default browser. I have always had them open in edge when I clicked on them, now they say Unable to Open [html], I checked that edge is still my default browser....
  10. Edge Chromium Profiles - Start Edge with same/default Profile

in Browsers and Email
    Edge Chromium Profiles - Start Edge with same/default Profile: I'm on Edge Version 79.0.309.71 (Official build) (64-bit). I am using the Edge profiles feature to enable connectivity, bookmarks, cached credentials, etc., in order to connect to different environments for different customers of mine. I have a default profile 'Default' for...