Windows 10: How to specify wireless configuration in an unattend.xml file.

Discus and support How to specify wireless configuration in an unattend.xml file. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm trying to Win10 deploy using sysprep and I want to specify DNS suffix in an unattend.xml file, it is not only "Local Area Connection" but also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by muji090322, Sep 1, 2016.

1. How to specify wireless configuration in an unattend.xml file.

I'm trying to Win10 deploy using sysprep and I want to specify DNS suffix in an unattend.xml file, it is not only "Local Area Connection" but also wireless adapter. How can I modify an unattend.xml file?
    And which part of the name of the wireless adapter should I use as in "<Identifier>Local Area Connection</Identifier>" instead?

<Interfaces>
    <Interface wcm:action=”add”>
    <Ipv4Settings>
    <DhcpEnabled>false</DhcpEnabled>
    </Ipv4Settings>
    <Identifier>Local Area Connection</Identifier>
    <UnicastIpAddresses>
    <IpAddress wcm:action=”add” wcm:keyValue=”1″>10.123.242.51/24</IpAddress>
    </UnicastIpAddresses>
    <Routes>
    <Route wcm:action=”add”>
    <Identifier>0</Identifier>
    <Prefix>0.0.0.0/0</Prefix>
    <Metric>20</Metric>
    <NextHopAddress>10.123.242.1</NextHopAddress>
    </Route>
    </Routes>
    </Interface>
    </Interfaces>

:)

muji090322, Sep 1, 2016
  2. _Stan_ Win User

Can't install Windows 10 error "Windows could not parse of process the unattended answers file for pass"

I had a similar problem and realized I had an unattend.xml in my C:\ folder that was dated November 2013, which is the month my computer was built and configured by a local dealer.

I renamed C:\unattend.xml to unattend.xml.Win81 and ran the Windows 10 update again. This time it was successful.

Hope this helps someone.

_Stan_, Sep 1, 2016
  3. _Stan_ Win User
    Windows 10 Upgrade fails - unattend answer file error

I was having this exact problem and had tried everything, including removing my graphics card. Then I noticed that I had a unattend.xml file in my C:\ folder dated November 2013. This is the same month a local dealer built and configured my computer with
    Windows 8.1.

I simply renamed the C:\unattend.xml to C:\unattend.xml.Win81 and ran the Windows 10 update again. This time it succeeded without any problem.

Hope this helps someone.

_Stan_, Sep 1, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

How to specify wireless configuration in an unattend.xml file.

This actually ends up being an interesting question. See this discussion on the TechNet forum for two ways to attack this: one, through the kinds of data you need for unattend.xml, the other through GPO settings that apply post-install.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Sep 1, 2016
Thema:

How to specify wireless configuration in an unattend.xml file.

1. How to specify wireless configuration in an unattend.xml file. - Similar Threads - specify wireless configuration

2. "Specified node is the wrong type" error after converting files to xml

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "Specified node is the wrong type" error after converting files to xml: Hello, When transferring files, they import with the file extension "FILE". I ran ren *.* *.xml to convert them to xml document to use in my script. I receive this error when I run the script. Is there an additional property that I need to change in order for it to be...
  3. "Specified node is the wrong type" error after converting files to xml

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Specified node is the wrong type" error after converting files to xml: Hello, When transferring files, they import with the file extension "FILE". I ran ren *.* *.xml to convert them to xml document to use in my script. I receive this error when I run the script. Is there an additional property that I need to change in order for it to be...
  4. Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...

Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...: Windows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s <ImageInstall> setting . Make sure the setting reference a valid partition and restart the installationWindows cannot locate the disk and partition specified in the unattended answer file’s...
  5. XML Files

XML Files: Hi folks! Just registered to this forum and glad to have found it. So I was installing Ubuntu on my computer which already had windows 10.I wanted to have a dual OS. Things went south and windows got deleted/ over written or whatever. I used a hard drive recovery device to...
  6. Specify The Order Of Taskbar Icons In A Managed Taskbar Layout XML File

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Specify The Order Of Taskbar Icons In A Managed Taskbar Layout XML File: Hi, I have a start and taskbar modification .xml file that is used with group policy for users and everything is working fine. The only issue is that regardless of the order I specified, Microsoft Edge and File Explorer always end up on the left. Every other icon respects...
  7. Windows unattended setup failed - 'specified image file does not exist'.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows unattended setup failed - 'specified image file does not exist'.: I am trying to do an unattended install of Windows 10 Professional using an answer XML file I created. I'm booting off a USB, and receiving the error: Windows could not collect information for [DataImage1] because the specified image file [\sources\MyImageFile.wim] does not...
  8. Unattend File

Unattend File: Hi, I'm using WDS with Unattend File to deploy Win 10 to my VMs. It works fine, but the problem is, after the installation, the VM restarts and then boots from PXE again. (Basically, it's an infinite loop of Win 10 Installation because of the restart). What options do I have...
  9. unattend xml not wiping drives / unable to create primary

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unattend xml not wiping drives / unable to create primary: I'm having an issue where the paritions are created, but something goes wrong and then I have to format the primary drive to install windows onto. It's a UEFI config, does anyone have any suggestions? 109354
  10. Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup

Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup: Anyone ran across a Windows 10 XML file generator for unattended setup? That Works!!!*Biggrin 5106

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sysprep unattend skip wi-fi

2. add wlan network in unattend.xml

3. unattend wifi connect

4. unattend.xml wifi setup,
  5. adding a wireless xml file to the unattend.xlm,
  6. setup wireless network in xml answer file,
  7. Win10 sysprep unattend add wireless,
  8. unattend.xml configure wireless