Windows 10: How to speed up Windows 10 Home V1809?

Discus and support How to speed up Windows 10 Home V1809? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have installed windows 10 Home V1809 on an old netbook Acer Aspire One 722 with C60 processor. Suprisingly the windows runs pretty good, but the cpu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by shinhosuck1973, Dec 5, 2018.

1. How to speed up Windows 10 Home V1809?

I have installed windows 10 Home V1809 on an old netbook Acer Aspire One 722 with C60 processor. Suprisingly the windows runs pretty good, but the cpu usage is bit high and laggy. Is there a way to speed it up and reduce cpu usage? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ACER ASPIRE ONE 722 NETBOOK SPECIFICATIONS

Processor AMD C-60 Clock-speed 1.3 Ghz Chipset AMD A68M Fusion Graphic Processor ATI Radeon HD 6250 Graphics Memory 256 MB

:)

shinhosuck1973, Dec 5, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Dec 5, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

How to speed up Windows 10 Home V1809?

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 5, 2018
Thema:

How to speed up Windows 10 Home V1809?

1. How to speed up Windows 10 Home V1809? - Similar Threads - speed Home V1809

2. Speeding up Windows 10 !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Speeding up Windows 10 !: I would just like to say out of all the little tweeks and adjustments, this seems to have made a big impact ! Like most people I have tried most things to "Speed up Windows 10". I have read so many web sites and tried so many things with very little responce or noticebly...
  3. Speeding up Windows 10 !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speeding up Windows 10 !: I would just like to say out of all the little tweeks and adjustments, this seems to have made a big impact ! Like most people I have tried most things to "Speed up Windows 10". I have read so many web sites and tried so many things with very little responce or noticebly...
  4. Windows 10 v1809

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 v1809: I did 'updates' to v1809 on my Surface Pro 6, and I have a SSD 256GB drive on the unit. When I download PDFs and other files/folders. I go to the SSD chip and they disappear. It has started to happen after it updated to v1809. Has anyone been experiencing this? Thanks...
  5. how to speed up laptop in windows 10

how to speed up laptop in windows 10: how to speed up windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-speed-up-laptop-in-windows-10/d927e623-86ae-4062-a038-240dff182fc5
  6. How to: speed up Windows 10

How to: speed up Windows 10: Dear all, Recently, I realized my computer has been getting slower and slower. This issue might not be related to upgrading to Windows 10, but I am here to seek help and suggestions on areas I can work on or settings I can change to speed up my computer. Every time - it...
  7. Windows 10 v1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 v1809: So, when v1809 came out a few weeks ago or so, I created a bootable Flash drive with it. It's my understanding that Microsoft has pulled the 1809 version. Does that mean I cannot do a fresh install with 1809? Of if i can, will I have problems? 121349
  8. How to speed up Windows 10 animations

in Windows 10 News
    How to speed up Windows 10 animations: [ATTACH] Windows 10 is all loaded with animations. These animations give Windows 10 a smoother and a more modern interface. The duration of these animations also helps the user in determining the speediness of the overall computer. However, this also helps [...] This post...
  9. How to speed up Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Support
    How to speed up Windows 10!: How to Speed Up Your Windows 10 Performance (best settings)! This works for Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10! How to Speed Up Your Windows 10 Performance (best settings)! 2018 NEW - YouTube 117411
  10. Speeding Up Windows Defender Scan on Windows 10 Home 64bit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Speeding Up Windows Defender Scan on Windows 10 Home 64bit: Is it Possible to speed up Windows Defender Full Scan? Avast Scans fast on my 8 Core system, and yet Windows Defender takes 3-4 hours minimum on my 8 Core System, with 2tb hard drive, Longer if external drives are connected Should I just deal with it til I do my clean...