Windows 10: How to speed up Windows 10!

Discus and support How to speed up Windows 10! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to Speed Up Your Windows 10 Performance (best settings)! This works for Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10! How to Speed Up Your Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by boostedanimal, Sep 6, 2018.

1. boostedanimal Win User

How to speed up Windows 10!

boostedanimal, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 6, 2018
  3. lorraine walsh Win User
    Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. How to speed up Windows 10! - Similar Threads - speed

2. Speed up my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Speed up my computer: How can I use my flash drives to speed up my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/speed-up-my-computer/ac9baca4-74a6-444b-8aa6-64fdbcadc3a0
  3. Windows 10 connected to a certain WiFi and the speed is limited to 2Mb/s

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 connected to a certain WiFi and the speed is limited to 2Mb/s: By the following methods, the speed can reach 6Mb/s: Connect the WiFi with other devices; Connect to other WiFi with the device's Windows 10 system; Connect the WiFi with the device's Fedora system; The following actions have been tried and invalidated: Reinstall/Repair...
  4. A specific network capping Internet Speed

A specific network capping Internet Speed: I own an ASUS Laptop and I have a WiFi set up at my house with a plan of 10 Mbps and the ISP has given me a user IP. Since 3 days, the internet in my device is giving me not more than 1 Mbps. Now, the problem is 1. Whenever I use the IP with any other device, whether a...
  5. internet speed

internet speed: How to give all the Internet speed to a particular application https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/internet-speed/655e6a28-0d47-45f8-92c5-3c8eb63b4b16
  6. speed up audio and video

in Windows 10 Customization
    speed up audio and video: how can I speed up audio/video? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/speed-up-audio-and-video/f0cbabb0-b019-4492-94bf-a14e525adcec
  7. reset my dell 755 64bit. Now cpu cooling fan running at full speed. Why

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reset my dell 755 64bit. Now cpu cooling fan running at full speed. Why: how can I correct high speed fan problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/reset-my-dell-755-64bit-now-cpu-cooling-fan/16ff182c-d454-45e5-8ffe-6d27571ce2e1
  8. Whats the true speed of the wifi?

Whats the true speed of the wifi?: Ok this might be a noob question but I will ask. I understand for wifi there is 2.4 GHz & 5 Ghz. What confuses me is a router manufacturer will say "AC2300 WiFi - 600+1625 Mbps speeds". is this saying if I hook up my laptop to wifi that it will have speeds of 1200mbps? is...
  9. MSI Laptop Getting Slow Internet Speed Test Results on Windows 10 Pro 1803.

MSI Laptop Getting Slow Internet Speed Test Results on Windows 10 Pro 1803.: I have 3 machines that are running Windows 10 Pro 1803, two of which are Laptops (1 x Acer TMP453-MG & 1 x MSI GE70-2PE). The MSI is for work exclusively and the Acer is primarily for multimedia stuff. I use the laptops at home and at work. At home I have a Huawei B315 LTE...
  10. Windows computer slower download speeds

Windows computer slower download speeds: I have an HP Envy from 2016, with a gigabit ethernet port and wireless ac. This computer is consistently getting slower speeds than my Android devices, and my older linux computer. Wired(same wire and ports as when I plug the linux computer in), I can't get over 100Mbps. It...