Windows 10: How to: speed up Windows 10

Discus and support How to: speed up Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear all, Recently, I realized my computer has been getting slower and slower. This issue might not be related to upgrading to Windows 10, but I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jia Cheng_2004, Dec 26, 2018.

1. How to: speed up Windows 10

Dear all,

Recently, I realized my computer has been getting slower and slower. This issue might not be related to upgrading to Windows 10, but I am here to seek help and suggestions on areas I can work on or settings I can change to speed up my computer.

Every time - it will get laggy and slow after long hours of use, which is a common problem. But sometimes when I just started using my computer, it gets so laggy that each task I opened will not be responding.

I have sought help from the online community and searching online for a solution such as turning off the amination and disabling some background processes app.

Hope to get some solution, replies, assistance from all of you!

Thank you!

Regards,

Jia Cheng

26/12/2018

:)

Jia Cheng_2004, Dec 26, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 26, 2018
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Dec 26, 2018
  4. Sasqui Win User

How to: speed up Windows 10

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

How to: speed up Windows 10

1. How to: speed up Windows 10 - Similar Threads - speed

2. Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device: Hello, I've noticed a significant decrease in internet speeds on my mobile device compared to usual. Web pages take longer to load, and streaming services frequently buffer despite having a strong Wi-Fi connection. I've restarted my device and router, but the slow speeds...
  3. Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Slow Internet Speeds on Mobile Device: Hello, I've noticed a significant decrease in internet speeds on my mobile device compared to usual. Web pages take longer to load, and streaming services frequently buffer despite having a strong Wi-Fi connection. I've restarted my device and router, but the slow speeds...
  4. Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps: Hello,As it says on the tin, my ethernet speed on my PC is been limited to 10 Mbps when previously it has been running at a constant 1 Gbps when checked in the network settings. I've ran internet speed tests and downloaded games on Steam and the Xbox App to confirm the...
  5. Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps

Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps: Hello,As it says on the tin, my ethernet speed on my PC is been limited to 10 Mbps when previously it has been running at a constant 1 Gbps when checked in the network settings. I've ran internet speed tests and downloaded games on Steam and the Xbox App to confirm the...
  6. Ethernet Speed Limited to 10 mbps

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. External SSD giving USB 2 speeds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External SSD giving USB 2 speeds: I have a ROG strix Arion external SSD enclosure,But when I connect it to my desktop using an Type A to Type C adapter it gets recognized as a USB 2 device,whereas when I do the same with my laptop it works and gives me the expected speed.I have a Type C+Type A USB 3 pendrive...
  8. External SSD giving USB 2 speeds

External SSD giving USB 2 speeds: I have a ROG strix Arion external SSD enclosure,But when I connect it to my desktop using an Type A to Type C adapter it gets recognized as a USB 2 device,whereas when I do the same with my laptop it works and gives me the expected speed.I have a Type C+Type A USB 3 pendrive...
  9. Fan Speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...
  10. Fan Speed

Fan Speed: I have Dell Vostro 15 5415 and the only time it's fans ever go 100% speeds is during a bios update. The laptop goes >95 degrees in workload. Is there a way to speed up the fans at a critical temperature, say 85 degrees? Also, it is safe to do so?...