Windows 10: How to speed up YouTube in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Discus and support How to speed up YouTube in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A report published earlier this week claimed that YouTube’s new design performed poorly in non-Google web browsers and the issue was brought to light... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 28, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

How to speed up YouTube in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

A report published earlier this week claimed that YouTube’s new design performed poorly in non-Google web browsers and the issue was brought to light by Chris Peterson, Technical Program Manager at Mozilla who detailed the claim on Twitter.

“YouTube page load is 5x slower in Firefox and Edge than in Chrome because YouTube’s Polymer redesign relies on the deprecated Shadow DOM v0 API only implemented in Chrome,” Peterson explained.

“YouTube serves a Shadow DOM polyfill to Firefox and Edge that is, unsurprisingly, slower than Chrome’s native implementation. On my laptop, initial page load takes 5 seconds with the polyfill vs 1 without. Subsequent page navigation perf is comparable,” he added.

YouTube’s new Polymer redesign is substantially slower on these browsers but there’s an easy way to fix this. In this article, we’ll explain how you can fix YouTube performance issues in Microsoft Edge browser by reverting back to old design.

To fix this issue, you would need to return to the old YouTube interface and disable this alleged throttling bug. It is quite a challenge to find a way to disable the new YouTube UI and return to the old interface to address the performance issues in Microsoft Edge.

Fix YouTube performance issues in Microsoft Edge

• Launch Microsoft Edge and open YouTube.com.
    • Once the YouTube is opened, launch the Developer mode by pressing the F12 key on your keyboard.
    • Navigate to the Application tab and double-click Cookies to modify it.
    • This will expand the category and you would need to select the option containing www.youtube.com.
    • In the right pane, Double-click PREF to modify its value and paste the following code:
    • al=en&f5=30030&f6=8
    • Close the Developer mode and refresh the page.
    • Edge browser will load the old YouTube and the performance issues will be addressed.

Google Chrome is currently the number one desktop browser with a market share of around 60 percent and Microsoft Edge has close to 4 percent market share.

Disclaimer: The claims made in this article is based on tweets from Mozilla engineer. Windows Latest makes no claims or guarantees and shall not be held for anything we say in this article.

The post How to speed up YouTube in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 28, 2018

2. Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 28, 2018
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jul 28, 2018
  4. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

1. How to speed up YouTube in Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - speed YouTube Microsoft

2. Microsoft Edge download speed is slow; How to speed up downloads?

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Edge download speed is slow; How to speed up downloads?: [ATTACH]Ever since Microsoft has released Microsoft Edge, it has been one of the best browsers in every aspect. It is also a Chromium-based web browser, that is well-known for its speeds. However. some users are experiencing a slow download speed on Edge. We have a few fixes...
  3. How to speed up Edge and make it load faster

in Windows 10 News
    How to speed up Edge and make it load faster: [ATTACH]Microsoft Edge Chromium now offers a better experience than Google’s Chrome even though they […] This article How to speed up Edge and make it load faster first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Microsoft Edge - YouTube AdBlock

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge - YouTube AdBlock: I use adblock, have always used it, and after the new update I wanted to go from Chrome to the new Edge. Brought over adblock and other stuff from chrome, but the adblock doesnt seem to work on youtube on the edge browser... It works fine on Chrome though. submitted by...
  5. how to speed up laptop in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to speed up laptop in windows 10: how to speed up windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-speed-up-laptop-in-windows-10/d927e623-86ae-4062-a038-240dff182fc5
  6. How to: speed up Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to: speed up Windows 10: Dear all, Recently, I realized my computer has been getting slower and slower. This issue might not be related to upgrading to Windows 10, but I am here to seek help and suggestions on areas I can work on or settings I can change to speed up my computer. Every time - it...
  7. How to speed up Windows 10 animations

in Windows 10 News
    How to speed up Windows 10 animations: [ATTACH] Windows 10 is all loaded with animations. These animations give Windows 10 a smoother and a more modern interface. The duration of these animations also helps the user in determining the speediness of the overall computer. However, this also helps [...] This post...
  8. How to speed up Windows 10!

in Windows 10 Support
    How to speed up Windows 10!: How to Speed Up Your Windows 10 Performance (best settings)! This works for Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10! How to Speed Up Your Windows 10 Performance (best settings)! 2018 NEW - YouTube 117411
  9. Microsoft Edge speed/performance

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge speed/performance: I've seen several people state that they've noticed that Edge now performs better than Chrome and that they feel like it's faster. I've used Chrome as my default for years and always found it to be lightning fast. I don't find Edge to be slow necessarily, but when compared to...
  10. YouTube won't play on Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube won't play on Microsoft Edge: I was trying to figure out why is YouTube not playing on the browser of Microsoft Edge. I have read different articles online trying to solve this problem. With Google Chrome YouTube is working with no problem but not Microsoft Edge. Is there a reason why can't YouTube run on...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. speed up edge youtube

2. speed up youtube on edge

3. youtube performance is not good in edge

4. speed up youtube with edge,
  5. how to speed up youtube in edge