Windows 10: How to start a command in a sub-directory ?

Discus and support How to start a command in a sub-directory ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, when i have a sub-directory "bin", which has a cake.exe, and i type "bin/cake" or "./bin/cake" or "/bin"cake" it cant't finde the cake.exe. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Frank1000, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Frank1000 Win User

How to start a command in a sub-directory ?

Hi,
    when i have a sub-directory "bin", which has a cake.exe, and i type "bin/cake" or "./bin/cake" or "/bin"cake" it cant't finde the cake.exe.

I'm getting an error message for example:
    "'bin' is not recognized as an internal or external command"

How is the right syntax ?

Regards,
    Frank

:)

Frank1000, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Text Backups Sub Directories

I move new texts from my inbox (Windows 6.211 HTC Touch2) into several sub-directories (filing my texts by sender and/or subject)

Only the root, Inbox, backs up to "My Phone"

How do I get the sub-directories backed up; sub-directory, by sub directory?

ATB

Sencho-san, Nov 26, 2018
  4. How to start a command in a sub-directory ?

Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

How to start a command in a sub-directory ?

1. How to start a command in a sub-directory ? - Similar Threads - start command sub

2. How to create a symbolic link in command line and safe start in directory

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to create a symbolic link in command line and safe start in directory: Hello,Simple question complicated task. When dragging and dropping in Windows and clicking "Create Shortcut here", it creates shortcut and saves "Start in" original directory for that bat file.mklink command line does not have that option.Is that possible?thanks in advance....
  3. Compare directories including files and sub-folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Compare directories including files and sub-folders: Good morning,I wanted to ask how it was possible to check if a folder and its contents are entirely identical. I have this dilemma because I had to transfer an archive of 500 GB from one location to another.Is there already something native to the Windows OS or not?...
  4. start: No such file or directory - Where do Windows built in commands live?

start: No such file or directory - Where do Windows built in commands live?: Hi,When I run a bash file from my command line I get the following error:```/bin/bash: C:/Program Files/Git/usr/bin/start: No such file or directory```The bash file is the following:```#!/usr/bin/env bashstart C:\\some\\pathexit```Running `where start` returns `C:\Program...
  5. command line directory contents

command line directory contents: when I use 'dir' to see the contents of a directory, I have two subdirectories, one shows up as " <dir> . " and the next as " <dir> .. " What are these seemingly empty directories?...
  6. List files in all sub directories - no access to DOS/CMD

in Windows 10 Support
    List files in all sub directories - no access to DOS/CMD: Hi, I would like a list of all files in all subfolders together with the path and to be able to save the list to a file/clipboard. I know this can be done in DOS/CMD but my IT department does not allow users access to DOS. I use Windows 10. Any ideas? Thanks Andrew 166426
  7. How to change Directory in Command Prompt on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Directory in Command Prompt on Windows 10: [ATTACH]Windows Command Prompt is a great built-in tool that allows you to run programs using the command-line option. Using the command, you can perform a […] This article How to change Directory in Command Prompt on Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  8. Start sub menus

in Windows 10 Support
    Start sub menus: stop Code: Start sub menus[/quote] in w10 134029
  9. Change command prompt default directory

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change command prompt default directory: How do I change the command prompt's default directory in Windows 10? I see instructions in Sevenforums to do this in Windows 7 but not in Windows 10. Will the Windows 7 instructions work in Windows 10? 54910
  10. how to create sub-folders in the start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    how to create sub-folders in the start menu: I would like to organize my All Apps portion of the start menu in W10 as I did in W7. So far I have not figured out how to do this. There are a couple of problems. 1. Some programs just do not appear. I have one folder containing 3 shtcts. 2 appear and Uninstall does not. I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open a sub directory in cmd