Windows 10: How to start app on certain Desktop

Discus and support How to start app on certain Desktop in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I would like to ask if there is some way how to specify on which desktop will program/application start? I really like new more desktops... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ash258, Nov 7, 2015.

1. Ash258 Win User

How to start app on certain Desktop

Hello,
    I would like to ask if there is some way how to specify on which desktop will program/application start?
    I really like new more desktops system but i am missing some launch option for this (Shortcut option like "x:\xx\test.exe -desktop2").

:)

Ash258, Nov 7, 2015

2. How to install app

on the store my phone lumia 620

[Moved from Internet Explorer 10]

how to install app, Nov 7, 2015
  3. How to pin shortcut to start menu.

Mayank,

That response about Windows 10 does not tell you how to add a desktop shortcut to the Start menu. It only tells you how to put an App on the Start menu.

I want to take a desktop link that opens Chrome as my browser and takes me to a certain software webpage that only works properly with Chrome. I want that link on my Start menu because I use it every day for work.

How do I get that link on my Start menu?

Thanks

Jeff_in_LV, Nov 7, 2015
  4. erikg Win User

Unfortunately, you cannot assign shortcuts and files to particular virtual desktops. In fact, the shortcuts or files you place on the first desktop will appear on all desktops.

erikg, Nov 8, 2015
Thema:

1. How to start app on certain Desktop - Similar Threads - start app certain

2. Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop: Usually, I have 3 virtual desktops active. The applications I use are as follows. Workspace 1 - IDE, Obsidian Workspace 2 - Firefox Workspace 3 - Discord, SpotifyEvery time I turn up my laptop, I start them manually and put them into the correct workspaces. I want them to...
  3. Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop: Usually, I have 3 virtual desktops active. The applications I use are as follows. Workspace 1 - IDE, Obsidian Workspace 2 - Firefox Workspace 3 - Discord, SpotifyEvery time I turn up my laptop, I start them manually and put them into the correct workspaces. I want them to...
  4. Start specific applications in a certain virtual desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Weird frame rate issues with certain desktop apps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Weird frame rate issues with certain desktop apps: When I use certain apps from the Microsoft Store (e.g. Facebook Messenger) my display brightness appears to flicker and my mouse movements seem to have a slower frame rate. When I switch to a different app, things return to normal. This only happens when a problematic app is...
  6. Disable "show desktop" for certain apps?

Disable "show desktop" for certain apps?: I'm using NoteBot as my sticky-note app, mostly because the default sticky note app displays each sticky note as a seperate window for some reason, making task-switching a nightmare. However when I use the show desktop command, all of my windows are hidden, including the...
  7. Is there a way to start typing by uppercase in certain apps?

Is there a way to start typing by uppercase in certain apps?: Well, you know there are some chat and social apps on Windows 10, and I would like to know if there is a way to start typing by uppercase in these apps, just like on the phone. submitted by /u/mikesislac [link] [comments]...
  8. Certain apps not showing in Start Menu app list

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Certain apps not showing in Start Menu app list: So, I'm on Windows 10, the latest version, and I have been having one issue. I have certain apps such as Cydia Impactor which doesn't show up in the app list. I can pin it to the start menu but I really want it in the list. This app was originally in the Documents folder...
  9. Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Desktops showing apps not in certain desktops: Hi, I have a problem with W10 virtual desktops. I'll explain it step by step : Go to virtual desktop 1 Open full windowed Chrome Go to virtual desktop 2 Open two different full windowed excels Hit windows-tab And you end up in this mess i'm attaching as a...
  10. Start Menu Apps to Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Apps to Desktop?: Is there a way to move apps from the Start Menu to folders on the Desktop? I want to put all games that are now tiles in my Start Menu to a Games Folder on my Desktop. 46338