Windows 10: how to start homegroup wizard

Discus and support how to start homegroup wizard in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; start wizard to create homegroup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-start-homegroup-wizard/8c063798-d18a-4e5b-8d47-2643c47c3c30" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SanjoyAcharya, May 2, 2019.

1. how to start homegroup wizard

start wizard to create homegroup

:)

SanjoyAcharya, May 2, 2019

2. ''GHOST'' homegroup removal from start up

Hi Russel,

Utilizing a HomeGroup makes things easier to share. Since you're not using the HomeGroup feature, we suggest that you disable it instead to have your Microsoft Account be the default sign-in on Startup. Follow the steps listed below to disable
    HomeGroup:

Step 1: Leave the HomeGroup. (This only applies if your PC is currently part of a HomeGroup. If your PC is not part of any group then proceed to Step 2.)

• Type HomeGroup in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Under Other homegroup actions click on the Leave the homegroup option.
    • On the Leave the Homegroup window, confirm that you want to leave by clicking Leave the homegroup.
    • Click the Finish button when the wizard finishes removing you from the HomeGroup.
    Step 2: Disable HomeGroup Services

You'll need to disable two HomeGroup services to disable the HomeGroup feature in Windows.

• Type Services in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Scroll down on the list and look for HomeGroup Listener and
      HomeGroup Provider
      services. Double-click the HomeGroup Listener service to open its properties window.
    • In the Properties window, select Disabled from the
      Startup type drop-down menu and then click OK.
    • Do the same procedure for the HomeGroup Provider services.
    If you need further assistance, just don't hesitate to let us know.

Eileen Gal, May 2, 2019
  3. create a homegroup

Hi Frankievan,

This issue logging in or joining HomeGroup could have happened due to administrator settings. To resolve your issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• Are you the administrator of the HomeGroup network?
    • Have you taken or completed any troubleshooting steps?

If you are the administrator, we suggest that you check the settings of your HomeGroup network. You can follow the steps provided in this

article
    to check if there is something wrong with the settings.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Anthony Gal, May 2, 2019
  4. how to start homegroup wizard

Homegroup connectivity problem

We appreciate your detailed response. Damaged system components is one of the possible reasons why you are experiencing issues with saving files from your laptop to your desktop using the HomeGroup. For initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the automated
    troubleshooter for HomeGroup issues.

To run the HomeGroup troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + X and then choose Control Panel.
    • Click on Network and Internet.
    • Select HomeGroup and then click Start the HomeGroup troubleshooter.
    • Click the Next button and then click on Skip this step.
    • Wait for the troubleshooter to finish the process.
    • Restart the computer after running the troubleshooter.
    • Check if the issue persists.

Update us about the results.

Darleen Pen, May 2, 2019
Thema:

how to start homegroup wizard

1. how to start homegroup wizard - Similar Threads - start homegroup wizard

2. The Wizard could not start microphone in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    The Wizard could not start microphone in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Some users have complained that they encounter the error The Wizard could not start when trying to set up a new media device or microphone in Windows 10. This app stops any microphone input. If you encounter the issue in discussion, then read through this article for...
  3. The Wizard could not start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Wizard could not start: I have a problem with speech recognition. I tried Privacy -> Microphone, tried to update drivers and Windows. None of this worked, and I don't have any idea what's wrong....
  4. Homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Homegroup: My ability to use homegroup has disappeared in the 1803 versions of Win10. Why? What is being done about this? When? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/homegroup/2e78b13a-90d7-4791-87f7-d7539aa9c04d
  5. Homegroup - How to delete?

Homegroup - How to delete?: Before I upgraded all of our computers to W10 they were on W7 and we had a homegroup set up and working. For some reason none of the computers can connect to the homegroup anymore - I get the "you can join the workgroup" message and the box to enter the password. Guess...
  6. Homegroup in left start list not working

Homegroup in left start list not working: I have put Homegroup in the left start list by selecting it to appear in the personalization settings. When I attempt to access homegroup by selecting it from the start list it says that homegroup is not available. I can however use homegroup by accessing it from File...
  7. Homegroups

Homegroups: It is high time to report my experiences with the W10 installation to you. Microsoft pushes all of us to do this before end of June. 1. Do a thorough backup of all your data. 2. If you use the attached file, and invoke it, it does the whole job by itself. You can go...
  8. how safe is homegroup

how safe is homegroup: I really love the idea of sharing files and folders between my two laptops on my home network. However, the protection seems rudimentary with just one password and no encryption. there are some youtube videos showing how to hack homegroup in Kali Linux. How safe is...
  9. HomeGrouping

HomeGrouping: Hi all...definately need you urgently In 10240 I could network to two other pcs in my home but not after the 1025 upgrade What' the trick please ?*Sad 19423
  10. Errors "failed to start" but no Homegroup

Errors "failed to start" but no Homegroup: I have several errors related to Homegroup. Level Date and Time Source Event ID Task Category Error 07/16/2017 1:02:32 PM Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing 2 Session "Session ""HomeGroupLog"" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035" Error 07/16/2017...