How to start Hyper-V Hypervisor and then end it?

Discus and support How to start Hyper-V Hypervisor and then end it? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi! I tried Windows Phone Emulator in Hyper-V. It reports that Hyper-V Hypervisor is not running error. So, How to start Hyper-V Hypervisor? And also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by MIRKOSOFT, Jul 9, 2018.

1. MIRKOSOFT Win User

Hi!

I tried Windows Phone Emulator in Hyper-V.
    It reports that Hyper-V Hypervisor is not running error.

So, How to start Hyper-V Hypervisor?
    And also - how to stop Hyper-V Hypervisor? I need it.

No matter of solution, I accept also writing into Windows registry - I'm not newbie, but I never used Hyper-V.
    Q is for this: I need to be sure when is Hypervisor on or when is off - for controlling system.

Miro

:)

MIRKOSOFT, Jul 9, 2018
  2. VimsShek Win User

Even after Uninstalling Hyper-V - msinfo32 shows "A hypervisor has been detected"

Hi,

I'm running into a weird issue on my Lenovo Z51 laptop. Its equipped with an intel i7 processor and is running Windows 10 Pro (Build 14393).

I had Hyper-V installed on this laptop with all kinds of VMs running for a while. Then I got a VMware license and decided to uninstall Hyper-V. I uninstalled Hyper-V by going to "Turn Windows Features on or off", unchecking all options under Hyper-V and
    then rebooting the machine on the prompt. After the reboot, I installed VMware but when I try to start the VMs, it gives me an error that Hyper-V is still running.

In the "Turn Windows Features on or off", the box for Hyper-V is unchecked. However, when I look at msinfo32 it still says>>

"A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed."

Coreinfo.exe says the same thing:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz

Intel64 Family 6 Model 61 Stepping 4, GenuineIntel

Microcode signature: 00000021

HYPERVISOR * Hypervisor is present

VMX - Supports Intel hardware-assisted virtualization

EPT - Supports Intel extended page tables (SLAT)

I did a lot of hunting and already tried the below assuming some corruption:

"SFC /scannow" & reboot,

"dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" & reboot

"bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off & reboot

None of these worked.

Why does it say the hypervisor is present when I have uninstalled Hyper-V ? What can I do to fix this and run VMware ?

VimsShek, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Even after Uninstalling Hyper-V - msinfo32 shows "A hypervisor has been detected"

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you disable the Hyper V services. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Services on the search bar.
    • Right click one Hyper V service, then select Properties.
    • On Startup type, choose Disabled.
      How to start Hyper-V Hypervisor and then end it? d67aa4cb-46e7-4431-9d29-11005894536c.png
    • You have to disable all the Hyper V services one at a time by following the same steps.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you check out your post on TechNet (IT Pro’s) to make sure you get better answer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Marby Rey, Jul 9, 2018
  4. fjk61011 Win User

Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out.

Tried Powershell: Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-All -Online

as suggested by kebero. Success

fjk61011, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

1. How to start Hyper-V Hypervisor and then end it? - Similar Threads - start Hyper Hypervisor

2. SOLUTION-Windows Defender will not start if your computer has a second virusprogram...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    SOLUTION-Windows Defender will not start if your computer has a second virusprogram...: Hi All, as many others I also had a problem with the WinDef startup. I tried with Microsoft support NULL! So to make it work without the hazzle of going through the menu options from time to time I just made a shortcut on the desktop. Put it on the desktop just above the...
  3. SOLUTION-Windows Defender will not start if your computer has a second virusprogram...

in Windows 10 Customization
    SOLUTION-Windows Defender will not start if your computer has a second virusprogram...: Hi All, as many others I also had a problem with the WinDef startup. I tried with Microsoft support NULL! So to make it work without the hazzle of going through the menu options from time to time I just made a shortcut on the desktop. Put it on the desktop just above the...
  4. Start and cortana not working after factory resets

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start and cortana not working after factory resets: I have a Smartab with Windows 10. At first I was having problems with the microphone and Cortana not being able to hear me. So I reset the entire thing. Now when I try to push on the start I just get the loading blue ring and nothing after that. When I try to type in cortana,...
  5. Start Menu bug! [NEED HELP]

Start Menu bug! [NEED HELP]: I've had this problem before with my old computer. I'm not sure whats causing it. If you have any solutions please reply to this post. Video of my problem: https://streamable.com/u37t9...
  6. Moving the start tab

Moving the start tab: When I change/increase the screen resolution to an option which provides a full-sized screen, the start menu tab (and others to the far left) disappears on the task bar. How do I set the resolution to get a full screen and still keep my complete task bar settings. And it...
  7. Unwanted Apps Keep Appearing in Start Menu After Uninstall in Windows 10

Unwanted Apps Keep Appearing in Start Menu After Uninstall in Windows 10: Many have tried to solve this, but few have been successful. I have turned of suggested apps in the Start Menu, and uninstalled Candy Crush, Bubble Witch, Etc.., but they keep showing up in my Start Menu after I reboot. I have never played these games, this is a fresh install...
  8. Problem With Start Menu Windows 10 [ 17134.167 ]

Problem With Start Menu Windows 10 [ 17134.167 ]: https://imgur.com/odOq86Z https://imgur.com/bG52IV0 https://imgur.com/Gu35KKX No error messages are displayed appwiz.cpl still gets into the control panel, everything is on the outside, but if the start menu is broken...
  9. Hyper-V problem with starting a VM (Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit .1607)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V problem with starting a VM (Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit .1607): Hello, i've been experiencing problems with Hyper-V since last weeks thursday (09-03-2017, DD-MM-YYYY) trying to run it on Windows 10 Enterprise 64 bit (up to date) with Hyper-V enabled. For some reason Hyper-V doesn't want to start any VM from my Windows 10 Enterprise...
  10. Hyper-V Windows 10 Batch file to start/stop VM on command

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Windows 10 Batch file to start/stop VM on command: I am running Hyper-V on Windows 10. I am using the PC for media playback / gaming in big screen and rarely see the desktop. I have an service running and APP on my phone, so i can start batch files and programs without the need for a KB/M. I have just setup a VM, but i...