Windows 10: How to start Hyper-V Hypervisor and then end it?

Discus and support How to start Hyper-V Hypervisor and then end it? in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi! I tried Windows Phone Emulator in Hyper-V. It reports that Hyper-V Hypervisor is not running error. So, How to start Hyper-V Hypervisor? And also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by MIRKOSOFT, Jul 9, 2018.

1. MIRKOSOFT Win User

How to start Hyper-V Hypervisor and then end it?

Hi!

I tried Windows Phone Emulator in Hyper-V.
    It reports that Hyper-V Hypervisor is not running error.

So, How to start Hyper-V Hypervisor?
    And also - how to stop Hyper-V Hypervisor? I need it.

No matter of solution, I accept also writing into Windows registry - I'm not newbie, but I never used Hyper-V.
    Q is for this: I need to be sure when is Hypervisor on or when is off - for controlling system.

Miro

:)

MIRKOSOFT, Jul 9, 2018
  2. VimsShek Win User

Even after Uninstalling Hyper-V - msinfo32 shows "A hypervisor has been detected"

Hi,

I'm running into a weird issue on my Lenovo Z51 laptop. Its equipped with an intel i7 processor and is running Windows 10 Pro (Build 14393).

I had Hyper-V installed on this laptop with all kinds of VMs running for a while. Then I got a VMware license and decided to uninstall Hyper-V. I uninstalled Hyper-V by going to "Turn Windows Features on or off", unchecking all options under Hyper-V and
    then rebooting the machine on the prompt. After the reboot, I installed VMware but when I try to start the VMs, it gives me an error that Hyper-V is still running.

In the "Turn Windows Features on or off", the box for Hyper-V is unchecked. However, when I look at msinfo32 it still says>>

"A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed."

Coreinfo.exe says the same thing:

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5500U CPU @ 2.40GHz

Intel64 Family 6 Model 61 Stepping 4, GenuineIntel

Microcode signature: 00000021

HYPERVISOR * Hypervisor is present

VMX - Supports Intel hardware-assisted virtualization

EPT - Supports Intel extended page tables (SLAT)

I did a lot of hunting and already tried the below assuming some corruption:

"SFC /scannow" & reboot,

"dism /online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" & reboot

"bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype off & reboot

None of these worked.

Why does it say the hypervisor is present when I have uninstalled Hyper-V ? What can I do to fix this and run VMware ?

VimsShek, Jul 9, 2018
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Even after Uninstalling Hyper-V - msinfo32 shows "A hypervisor has been detected"

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you disable the Hyper V services. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Services on the search bar.
    • Right click one Hyper V service, then select Properties.
    • On Startup type, choose Disabled.
      How to start Hyper-V Hypervisor and then end it? d67aa4cb-46e7-4431-9d29-11005894536c.png
    • You have to disable all the Hyper V services one at a time by following the same steps.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you check out your post on TechNet (IT Pro’s) to make sure you get better answer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Marby Rey, Jul 9, 2018
  4. fjk61011 Win User

Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out.

Tried Powershell: Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V-All -Online

as suggested by kebero. Success

fjk61011, Jul 9, 2018
Thema:

1. How to start Hyper-V Hypervisor and then end it? - Similar Threads - start Hyper Hypervisor

2. How to disable hyper-v or hypervisor in Win 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable hyper-v or hypervisor in Win 11?: How do I disable this " A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed."? I need to disable the hypervisor because I can't run my eve-ng. I always get virtualized Intel VT-x/EPT is not supported error. I have already tried unchecking...
  3. How to disable hyper-v or hypervisor in Win 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable hyper-v or hypervisor in Win 11?: How do I disable this " A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed."? I need to disable the hypervisor because I can't run my eve-ng. I always get virtualized Intel VT-x/EPT is not supported error. I have already tried unchecking...
  4. 0x140 Hyper-V Hypervisor mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x140 Hyper-V Hypervisor mode: hi, i have a problem with game lineage 2 interlude showing error after starting game. msg is : Virtual machine detected 0x140.Maybe windows is launched in Hyper-V hypervisor mode,please turn off in order to run the game.click yes and active anticheat will do it for you the...
  5. 0x140 Hyper-V Hypervisor mode

0x140 Hyper-V Hypervisor mode: hi, i have a problem with game lineage 2 interlude showing error after starting game. msg is : Virtual machine detected 0x140.Maybe windows is launched in Hyper-V hypervisor mode,please turn off in order to run the game.click yes and active anticheat will do it for you the...
  6. BSOD Hypervisor Error everytime using Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD Hypervisor Error everytime using Hyper-V: The BSOD always occurs 5-15 minutes after connecting to a vm.I have tried doing memory test with Memtest86 and there was no problem.Other types of BSOD also occurs sometimes even when the PC idling.Here's the latest crash dump analysis with WindbgHYPERVISOR_ERROR 20001The...
  7. BSOD Hypervisor Error everytime using Hyper-V

BSOD Hypervisor Error everytime using Hyper-V: The BSOD always occurs 5-15 minutes after connecting to a vm.I have tried doing memory test with Memtest86 and there was no problem.Other types of BSOD also occurs sometimes even when the PC idling.Here's the latest crash dump analysis with WindbgHYPERVISOR_ERROR 20001The...
  8. Hyper V Hypervisor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hyper V Hypervisor: So this file says that I need to enable Virtualization Technology on my computer in order to install it. It is enabled, and just to check, i disabled it in order to see what it would say. It says that I need to enable VT on my computer and the file is greyed out.SO why is it...
  9. Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature: I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082 (upgraded from Windows 1151 fully updated. I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows 1151 but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition. The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK...
  10. Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out: Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out. I have Intel VT enabled in the UEFI BIOS. Any suggestions? EDIT: Processor i5 4460 which has vt-x capabilities. However Intel Processor id utility says it doesn't. Hypervisor worked with previous builds EDIT: When I...