Windows 10: How to start machine in recovery mode when OS is corrupted/not working?

Discus and support How to start machine in recovery mode when OS is corrupted/not working? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi,My windows 10 OS is installed on C drive.I copied winre.wim file in folder E:\Recovery\WindowsRE and register the location of the recovery tools as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Shridhar Kusurkar, Jun 30, 2022.

1. How to start machine in recovery mode when OS is corrupted/not working?

Hi,My windows 10 OS is installed on C drive.I copied winre.wim file in folder E:\Recovery\WindowsRE and register the location of the recovery tools as E:\Recovery\WindowsRE.If OS is corrupted/not working on C drive then can I start machine in recovery mode? If yes then how can I start in recovery mode?Please Help me in above query.Regards,Shridhar.

:)

Shridhar Kusurkar, Jun 30, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User

Unable to Start in Safe Mode Win10

I understand that as repeating the basic problem. Is that what you mean? I can't tell you why- some sort of corruption- hence all the steps I'm suggesting. Please try each in turn.

The first are to check for basic forms of corruption and so proceed onwards in order.

dalchina, Jun 30, 2022
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jun 30, 2022
  4. lindystar Win User

How to start machine in recovery mode when OS is corrupted/not working?

After Windows 10 update, PC con't start

Good news, pc is back and running.
    zBook was on the right track in that the BIOS was corrupted. However, the solution suggested did not work.
    Fortunately, after considerable digging, I found some information on the Gigabyte site. Following their suggestions, I was able to restore the primary BIOS from the backup BIOS. The whole process took less than 10 minutes.
    Basically, I had to:
    1. Shut off the computer. Unplug all connections to the motherboard except the VGA/DVI output and the keyboard.
    2. Press the POWER button and HOLD it. The computer will start and then shutdown. After the shutdown, release the POWER button.
    3. Press and release the POWER button. The BIOS will go into recovery mode. A BIOS recovery screen will appear and you need only to select from the options that are presented.
    This was a simple solution and I am now up and running.
    Thanks to all who provided suggestions.

lindystar, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

How to start machine in recovery mode when OS is corrupted/not working?

1. How to start machine in recovery mode when OS is corrupted/not working? - Similar Threads - start machine recovery

2. Recovery mode not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery mode not working: I tried to factory reset my pc and when I got to the recovery mode page I clicked on reset this pc , I then clicked on remove everything and my pc instead of actually factory resetting it just restarted and took me back to the login screen ,I tried multiple times it won’t...
  3. Recovery mode not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery mode not working: I tried to factory reset my pc and when I got to the recovery mode page I clicked on reset this pc , I then clicked on remove everything and my pc instead of actually factory resetting it just restarted and took me back to the login screen ,I tried multiple times it won’t...
  4. How to start machine in recovery mode when OS is corrupted/not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to start machine in recovery mode when OS is corrupted/not working?: Hi,My windows 10 OS is installed on C drive.I copied winre.wim file in folder E:\Recovery\WindowsRE and register the location of the recovery tools as E:\Recovery\WindowsRE.If OS is corrupted/not working on C drive then can I start machine in recovery mode? If yes then how...
  5. How to start machine in recovery mode when OS is corrupted/not working?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to start machine in recovery mode when OS is corrupted/not working?: Hi,My windows 10 OS is installed on C drive.I copied winre.wim file in folder E:\Recovery\WindowsRE and register the location of the recovery tools as E:\Recovery\WindowsRE.If OS is corrupted/not working on C drive then can I start machine in recovery mode? If yes then how...
  6. Stuck in recovery mode when starting up computer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Stuck in recovery mode when starting up computer: So every time I turn on my computer I get sent into the recovery page as seen below and this happens every single time. I have tried everything I can think of I have used new ISO files, used some scans in command prompt tried doing the repair option but it always says...
  7. System Recovery after Corrupted OS Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Recovery after Corrupted OS Drive: My OS drive was corrupted last week. I have an image mirror on an external drive and now on a new internal hard drive. How do I recover and reinstall windows from that mirror? Should I be able to do this from BIOS?...
  8. How to access recovery/boot mode when screen not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to access recovery/boot mode when screen not working: My Huawei Matebook 13 laptop's screen is not working. However, it works normally if I connect a second monitor to it. I would like to do a factory reset but the recovery and boot modes are not visible as they do no show on the second screen. Is there any way to make the...
  9. Corrupt OS?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupt OS?: I've been having issues with running Virtual Machines, my laptop supports VT-x and VT-d, and I can get most things too boot on Virtual Box, however it requires turning off VT-x and VT-d and then turning back on to get working and everytime I turn off my computer after running...
  10. corrupt os ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    corrupt os ?: hello , I am looking for advice.. yesterday, I had problems booting up. My computer's operating system hardly works now.I booted in win ten yesterday and my sound and internet were not working..I thought it was my hardware. I had a old unbuntu live cd that i'm using...