Windows 10: How to start microsoft defender,after I uninstalled the third-party antivirus software?

Discus and support How to start microsoft defender,after I uninstalled the third-party antivirus software? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How to start microsoft defender,after I uninstalled the third-party antivirus software?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sumon-613, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Sumon-613 Win User

How to start microsoft defender,after I uninstalled the third-party antivirus software?

How to start microsoft defender,after I uninstalled the third-party antivirus software?

:)

Sumon-613, Apr 29, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

windows defender firewall

Hi Faye,

Third-party antivirus programs usually have their own uninstallers provided by the software developer. We suggest checking the developer's website or contacting their support team for assistance with uninstalling their program. After fully uninstalling the
    third-party antivirus software, you may turn on Windows Defender by following these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Windows Defender Security Center and press Enter.
    • Click Firewall and network protection.
    • Click Private (discoverable) network and click On.
    • Click Public (non-discoverable) network and click On.

Let us know if you have any other concerns about Windows Defender.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 29, 2020
  3. afornal Win User
    Defender AntiVirus

There are 4 options under Defender. Two refer to AntiVirus; AntiVirus Network Inspection Service & AntiVirus Services. Under Startup Type these two are listed as manual and the Status column said Inspection Service is running. When I clicked on the Start
    button in Properties, I got an immediate message: "Win.. Def.. Anti.. Serv.. on local comp.. started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs."

afornal, Apr 29, 2020
  4. How to start microsoft defender,after I uninstalled the third-party antivirus software?

Windows 10 17134.407 and third party antivirus software

Hi everyone :

Installed the latest CU 17134.407 with no issues, but Windows Defender got activated along my 3rd. party antivirus software (Norton Security 22.16.2.22). So I uninstalled Norton and then reinstalled it, so problem resolved.

So if you have a 3rd. party antivirus pay attention to that. *Smile*Smile*Smile

MiguelAngel10, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

1. How to start microsoft defender,after I uninstalled the third-party antivirus software? - Similar Threads - start microsoft defender

2. Solved - How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Solved - How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus: A third party antivirus called FortiClient has disabled Windows Defender Firewall WDF on my personal machine. I've disabled its services, renamed its drivers and modified its registry keys in order to disable some of the more invasive corporate monitoring feaatures, including...
  3. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus: A third party antivirus called FortiClient has disabled Windows Defender Firewall WDF on my personal machine. I've disabled its services renamed its drivers and modified its registry keys in order to disable some of the more invasive corporate monitoring feaatures, including...
  4. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus: A third party antivirus called FortiClient has disabled Windows Defender Firewall WDF on my personal machine. I've disabled its services renamed its drivers and modified its registry keys in order to disable some of the more invasive corporate monitoring feaatures, including...
  5. How to enable Windows Defender Firewall without uninstalling third party antivirus

6. Third-party antivirus and Defender

Third-party antivirus and Defender: Hi all, I hope I can be as clear as possible. I have Kaspersky Total Security, and I've had it since December. Every once in a while I'll get notifications to turn on Microsoft Defender - I understand installing third-party antivirus software will turn off/disable Defender,...
  7. Cannot turn Microsoft Defender back on after uninstalling third-party antivirus

Cannot turn Microsoft Defender back on after uninstalling third-party antivirus: Hello, I've been using Bitdefender Free for years and I wanted to start using Microsoft Defender MD, because I've recently heard that it works very well. I knew MD is deactivated when another antivirus is installed and is supposed to activate on its own as soon as no other...
  8. Third party antivirus software become ineffective recently.

Third party antivirus software become ineffective recently.: I have been using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, free version, & SuperAntiSpyware, free version, for ten years. They run on demand only since they are free versions. My habit is : Turn my PC on, and then run SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes every morning. This clears up all...
  9. Do I need a third party antivirus software in windows 10?

Do I need a third party antivirus software in windows 10?: Apart from windows security, do I need a third party antivirus eg. - Quick Heal, Norton, avast, kapersky? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-i-need-a-third-party-antivirus-software-in/ed944d89-1020-45e2-bf61-66d3c9f1de85
  10. Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender

Third-party antivirus alongside Windows defender: Noob question, I'm sure it has been asked and answered a million times, but can I run a third party security software while leaving defender active? I had Eset for years with Malwarebytes as backup manual scanner, now with Win10 I'm considering leaving the paid antivirus...