Windows 10: How to start programs maximized

Discus and support How to start programs maximized in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a program that is not starting maximized.There is no setting in it to allow this.According to the creators of the program, there was a way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Rogue1618, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Rogue1618 Win User

How to start programs maximized

I have a program that is not starting maximized.There is no setting in it to allow this.According to the creators of the program, there was a way to start programs maximized by pinning them to the Taskbar then changing settings in Properties. When I checked, I found no program on the Taskbar has a Properties to change settings in.Is there a way to start programs Maximized if they do not have settings within the program for this?

:)

Rogue1618, Nov 24, 2021

2. Windows won't maximize

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are unable to maximize/minimize the programs in Windows 10, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly let us know with the following information:

• Is this issue specific to any applications/programs?
    • Were you able to see the maximize, minimize and close icons?
    • Have you tried to perform these using different user account?

This issue might be due to corrupted/ missing system files.

I suggest you to run System File Checker and check if it helps:

Method 1: Run the SFC.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer.

• Now check for the issue.

Hope this information is helpful. Kindly update the status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 24, 2021
  3. coffent Win User
    Blank area at top of some programs when displayed in Maximized mode

I asked this question back on July 2020, but have updated it and am reposting in hopes that someone knows a solution. Others are experiencing the same problem.

The problem manifests itself as a blank area at the top of a maximized window. It occurs

• Only for certain programs (Notepad, Intel Graphics, Thunderbird, Firefox, Macro Exchange Pro32, VLC Media Player, Irfanview)
    • Not for other programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Notepad++, PDFXchange Editor, Jarte, Mathcad, Visual Studio, Macrium Reflect)
    • Only when the window is displayed in Maximized mode on whichever monitor is designated as primary on a dual-monitor system
    When it occurs, clicking on the program's menu items does nothing, and if, for example, the X at the top right of the screen is clicked, it closes not the affected program, but rather any program underneath it.

The only way I've found to cure the problem temporarily is to reboot the computer. How long it takes before the problem recurs is variable. For example, I was free of the problem for over a month until 2 days ago. Now it's occurred 3 times in the span of 2 days.

I've seen various suggestions for curing the problem, but none have worked. For example, one person suggested using Task Manager to "end task" of dwm.exe. This works for an already-opened program, but if the program is closed and reopened the problem comes back.

This problem has been plaguing me (and others with dual monitors) for over a year. Any suggestions?

System: Windows 10 Home 2009 64-bit; Intel Graphics 630 card

[I wanted to reduce the size of these screenshots & display them side-by-side, but double-clicking them does not bring up a screen for adjusting size, as I was told. If someone can tell me how, I'll reduce them.]
    Windowed_________________________________________________________________________Maximized

How to start programs maximized [​IMG]

coffent, Nov 24, 2021
  4. How to start programs maximized

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

How to start programs maximized

1. How to start programs maximized - Similar Threads - start programs maximized

2. Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program: Hi.Not sure if this is linked to a Windows update, but within the last 2 weeks I have started getting a gap between my taskbar and the programs I maximize. This has never been a problem before. See attached picture. Sometimes I can re-start the PC and it is gone but comes...
  3. Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gap between program and taskbar when maximizing program: Hi.Not sure if this is linked to a Windows update, but within the last 2 weeks I have started getting a gap between my taskbar and the programs I maximize. This has never been a problem before. See attached picture. Sometimes I can re-start the PC and it is gone but comes...
  4. How to start programs maximized

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to start programs maximized: I have a program that is not starting maximized.There is no setting in it to allow this.According to the creators of the program, there was a way to start programs maximized by pinning them to the Taskbar then changing settings in Properties. When I checked, I found no...
  5. How to start programs maximized

How to start programs maximized: I have a program that is not starting maximized.There is no setting in it to allow this.According to the creators of the program, there was a way to start programs maximized by pinning them to the Taskbar then changing settings in Properties. When I checked, I found no...
  6. How to open all the software, programs in a maximized window as default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to open all the software, programs in a maximized window as default?: How to open all the software, apps, explorer, etc in a maximized window as default instead of small popup window as default? submitted by /u/Akkkivenkky [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i85y5j/how_to_open_all_the_software_programs_in_a/
  7. how to have windows 10 to NEVER open a program maximized

how to have windows 10 to NEVER open a program maximized: Running on windows 10 , currently 2 versions some programs open maximized. I NEVER want anything to open maximized even with a 27" monitor I would rather Word, for example, to not open with so much dead space in the view. All my searches seem to think that I really want...
  8. More than one program maximizing.

More than one program maximizing.: Im new to Windows 10. Lets say I have 2 programs open. Im at the desktop, Why is it when I choose one of them from the task bar, the other one also maximizes behind it? Instead of the program I chose popping up with the desktop in the background, the program I chose pops up...
  9. Program file wont maximize

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Program file wont maximize: I have a Microsoft surface running windows 10. While playing a game full screen, I moved the laptop, and the screen rotated. Now I am stuck with the program unable to maximize. The maximize button is greyed out. I have tried.... Turing off tablet mode right click to...
  10. Program will only maximize to main screen???

Program will only maximize to main screen???: I have tried nearly everything I can think of, or have heard over the years to fix this. I have a program that monitors my security cameras... It will only maximize or go fullscreen on my main monitor. I have a triple monitor setup and want it to do that on either of the side...