Windows 10: How to start recovery to Windows 7 without any working Settings screen

Discus and support How to start recovery to Windows 7 without any working Settings screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; How to start recovery to Windows 7 without any working Settings screen. My Start menu isn't working in Windows 10, I get an error for Explorer.exe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Primitive, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Primitive Win User

How to start recovery to Windows 7 without any working Settings screen

How to start recovery to Windows 7 without any working Settings screen.

My Start menu isn't working in Windows 10, I get an error for Explorer.exe crashing every two minutes.
    I tried to acces the Settings menu through several ways, but it will never start or giving me a pop up message why it wont start.

To revert back to Windows 7 I need to be in the Recovery screen which is part of the Settings screen, but nothing seems to work.

:)

Primitive, Aug 1, 2015

2. How to get back to Windows 7 without the recovery screen freezing?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Please follow the below methods and check if it helps,

Method 1:
    I would suggest you to try app troubleshooter and check if it works,

Run the app troubleshooter from the below link

Refer the link below and check if it helps

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

If the issue still persist then I would suggest you to perform SFC,

Method 2: Perform System File Check (SFC), and then check if this fixes the issue.

Follow the steps:

a. Type cmd without quotes in the search box.

b. On the left pane, right click on the “cmd” option and select “Run as Administrator”.

c. Type sfc /scannow’ without quotes and hit enter.

I would also suggest you to update all windows updates and app updates installed on the computer.

Reply us if you have any further more queries. We will be glad to help you.

Anup Karkal, Aug 1, 2015
  3. How to get back to Windows 7 without the recovery screen freezing?

I have tried to go back to Windows 7 after installing Windows 10. Once I chose to go back to Windows 7 the screen that pops up and says "This won't take long" all I get is the the circle that just keeps going around and around and never got any further.
    I do not want to keep Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated.

Lou AnnBrouillard, Aug 1, 2015
Thema:

How to start recovery to Windows 7 without any working Settings screen

1. How to start recovery to Windows 7 without any working Settings screen - Similar Threads - start recovery without

2. how to factory reset in windows 7 without any pendrive , etc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to factory reset in windows 7 without any pendrive , etc: how to factory reset in windows 7 without any pendrive , etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-factory-reset-in-windows-7-without-any/e0e02695-59ca-43e2-9d41-823f63239fba
  3. how to factory reset in windows 7 without any pendrive , etc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to factory reset in windows 7 without any pendrive , etc: how to factory reset in windows 7 without any pendrive , etc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-factory-reset-in-windows-7-without-any/e0e02695-59ca-43e2-9d41-823f63239fba
  4. Recovery tab in Windows Settings won't start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovery tab in Windows Settings won't start: So I've been experiencing crashing problems with my PC and I wanted to reset my Windows, however every time I click the Recovery option in settings, the Setting app just crashes and closes. I haven't been able to access the Recovery option so I can't reset my Windows from...
  5. Recovery tab in Windows Settings won't start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recovery tab in Windows Settings won't start: So I've been experiencing crashing problems with my PC and I wanted to reset my Windows, however every time I click the Recovery option in settings, the Setting app just crashes and closes. I haven't been able to access the Recovery option so I can't reset my Windows from...
  6. Recovery tab in Windows Settings won't start

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 7 Recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 7 Recovery: When I click "verify" on the ISO Download it keep saying Error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-recovery/e63f4510-4612-46b1-9455-ebc7c6bcc838
  8. Recovery to Windows 7

Recovery to Windows 7: I update my OLD laptop this Monday but now I want to go back to my Windows 7. I do the direction of someone in Microsoft Community but now I can't recovery to windows 7. Settings => Recovery and I can't see the recovery to windows 7 anymore ( before do the direction it's...
  9. Recovery to Windows 7

Recovery to Windows 7: I update my OLD laptop this Monday, but drive of my laptop can't run smooth and the Microsoft Windows Edge is very lag and sometimes I watch videos on YouTube it blurrys. So I need to recovery now, but Windows 10 say I need to wait 10 days, But can I have a link to recovery...
  10. How to downgrade to Windows 7 without recovery

How to downgrade to Windows 7 without recovery: My computer's been a mess since I bought it from a pawn shop. It was working perfectly when I bought it, but when I tried to reset it it crashed and continually started restarting. I fixed it, but after that I found my computer was 32 bit with a 64x bit processor, so I tried...