Windows 10: How to start Win 10 from Linux with no MBR

Discus and support How to start Win 10 from Linux with no MBR in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying to duel boot Win 10 with Linux. I got Linux installed and working but when I try to boot to Win 10 it doesn't work. I used Reflect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CRGibson, Jan 28, 2020.

1. CRGibson Win User

How to start Win 10 from Linux with no MBR

I have been trying to duel boot Win 10 with Linux. I got Linux installed and working but when I try to boot to Win 10 it doesn't work. I used Reflect to installed a backup of C Drive and then a repair of boot. The image worked but the boot repair did not.

At this point I'm stuck in Linux with no boot into Windows.
    I have the current ver of Win 10 Home with all updates. I can't give the correct ver of Win 10 since I'm Linux.

Any help with this?

Thanks!

:)

CRGibson, Jan 28, 2020
  2. Silverel Win User

Guide: How to enable, use, and configure SLI on Linux.

I guess the next logical step would be to report on the performance you can get with SLI in Linux. That'd be my suggestion anyway.

Silverel, Jan 28, 2020
  3. Alex Ice Win User
    Downloading Win 10 & creating an USB bootable Win 10 MBR flash drive using Media Creation Tool .

Dave & Andre, I created stick with Media Creation Tool but I cannot download no ISO on my PC. I know that MBR is for oldest hdd and GPT for the newest but if we want dual boot Win 10 & Linux the MBR type is so useful in this case. That's why i want to
    create USB bootable Win 10 MBR flash drive. Dave, i can see that your C partition is NTFS but i don't know if is GPT or MBR style. I think if you use comand diskpart and select disk, in comand prompt you will be able to see if is MBR or GPT. How to start Win 10 from Linux with no MBR ;)

Alex Ice, Jan 28, 2020
  4. How to start Win 10 from Linux with no MBR

Win 10 MBR trashed, how to reinstall?

Hello all,

Several months ago, I purchased a Dell desktop with Win 8.1, and subsequently upgraded it to Win 10.

I've noticed that my backups have been failing with errors, and this seemed to be a common problem.

Now, my Win 10 MBR has gotten trashed; I can only run my system by booting Linux off of a USB drive.

Not a single Win recovery tool I have seems to work.

How can I reinstall Win 10? Is there some way that I can ask Microsoft to let me download a Win10

Home Edition iso or install disk?

Thanks for any help!

-manifold

Manifold23, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

How to start Win 10 from Linux with no MBR

1. How to start Win 10 from Linux with no MBR - Similar Threads - start Linux MBR

2. How do I prevent Win 10 from changing a MBR disk to GPT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I prevent Win 10 from changing a MBR disk to GPT: I have a couple of external USB MBR hard drives I use for making backups of my various PC's. They include PC's with Win XP, Win Vista, Win 7, Win 10 using legacy bios boot MBR and Win 10 with UEFI boot GPT. It seems when I plug the drives into the UEFI PC it goes ahead and...
  3. How do I prevent Win 10 from changing a MBR disk to GPT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I prevent Win 10 from changing a MBR disk to GPT: I have a couple of external USB MBR hard drives I use for making backups of my various PC's. They include PC's with Win XP, Win Vista, Win 7, Win 10 using legacy bios boot MBR and Win 10 with UEFI boot GPT. It seems when I plug the drives into the UEFI PC it goes ahead and...
  4. Win 10 delete my linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 delete my linux: You stupid ****!! From NOW ON I will never ever pay for your filthy products.. You made windows remove boot partitions from linux.. **** Ill kill Bill Gates if I see that old retard.. I reinstalled linux on my harddrive allready like 10 **** times.. **** OFF retards!! Your...
  5. linux to win 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    linux to win 10: I have a lenovo T400 running on fedora o/s. I want to install win 10 which i have on a usb. My computer boots from the usb and i get from setup through to 'gathering files, updates and finishing up" then it starts all over again with setup. To me this means windows has not...
  6. How to change linux to win?

How to change linux to win?: I have a virtual machine, it has no CD-ROM drive and no USB, now it runs Linux, I need to install windows 156914
  7. Running LINUX on Win 10

Running LINUX on Win 10: I am trying to find a way to run LINUX on my Win 10 laptop - only within Win 10 itself Rather than dual booting ..... using another partition - but have forgotten the name of the software I believe that there is third party freeware to allow this ?...
  8. Broken MBR Win 10 no disk

Broken MBR Win 10 no disk: Another computer has stopped working after a power cut. It is an HP Pavilion laptop, originally Win 8 but upgraded to Win 10. There is no installation disk. There is an mbr issue and it can't find the OS. What's the fix please?...
  9. Switching to from win 10 to linux

Switching to from win 10 to linux: hello everyone, I have a question as i have purchased my laptop form dell and my window OS is already installed as it comes in the laptop package and when i check the license key of my window 10 it shows that it is digitally licensed. So i want to ask as currently now i want...
  10. Win 10 pro MBR TO GPT

Win 10 pro MBR TO GPT: I,m sorry if this has been posted before . I managed to secure erase my Samsung evo 850 m.2 250GB SSD then reinstalled windows using the official Microsoft tool . I don't know how but the disc is now MBR so wont allow me to use secure boot UEFI . I understand that the disc...