Windows 10: How to start windows services only if is needed

Discus and support How to start windows services only if is needed in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello I just got an idea that would be really helpfull to make a script/program/..etc. which start an service only if is needed. For example: Start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Oliver Bubniak, Oct 17, 2020.

1. How to start windows services only if is needed

Hello I just got an idea that would be really helpfull to make a script/program/..etc. which start an service only if is needed.

For example:

Start dhcp service only if want to connect into the internet or the current application requires it, or start theaudio services only if is needed like when I play the music. Otherways will be turned off to save memory and cpu usage.

I think thats not will be easy do that, anyway I will appreciate any ideas.

Thank you.

:)

Oliver Bubniak, Oct 17, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 17, 2020
  3. EVGA GTX 2xx series Reinbursement Service

XFX started it and Evga is doing the same. Evga is starting its own reinbursement program for those who bought the Evga 2xx series when they first came out. All you have to do is follow a few steps.

• Must be a new purchase from an authorized EVGA reseller. Step-ups do not qualify.
    • You have 14 days to register and upload a qualified invoice to claim your EVGA Bucks.
    • Only customers who purhased the EVGA GTX 280 or GTX 260 at the full Manufactured Suggested Reatil Price (MSRP) will qualify for the Reimbursement Program.
    • If between June 16th and July 7th you purchased an:
    • EVGA GTX 260 you will receive $75.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $60.00 Cash Back
    • EVGA GTX 280 you will receive $150.00 in EVGA Bucks* or $125.00 Cash Back
    The only thing this doesn't cover is the Step-up program. I'm fine with that because I got the price cut anyway. I just hope to get the card by this weekend if not early next week. I have a itch to bench. *Rockout :rockout:

Source: EVGA

Cold Storm, Oct 17, 2020
  4. How to start windows services only if is needed

unable to start the Windows time service on Windows 10

Hi Enriq,

As you are facing issue with starting the Windows Time Service, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to turn on the service?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Method 1: I suggest you to run a SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Note: If you are not able to repair some files after performing SFC scan, I suggest you to refer to the point 3 “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to
    fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log %WinDir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log”. Under the section “Run the System File Checker tool (SFC.exe)” to repair the corrupted files after performing SFC scan.

Refer: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files

Method 2: I suggest you to Restart Windows Time Service and check if it helps.

Windows Time Service maintains date and time synchronization on all clients and servers in the network. If this service is stopped date and time synchronization will be unavailable. If this service is disabled,
    any services that explicitly depends on it will fail to start.

Step 1: Stop the service:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc, Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service and stop.
    • To do so, right click on each service select Stop
    • Restart the device.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Windows Time service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of accessing the Windows Time Service for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

How to start windows services only if is needed

1. How to start windows services only if is needed - Similar Threads - start services needed

2. How To Fix Windows Update Service Not Be Able To Start

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How To Fix Windows Update Service Not Be Able To Start: I cant update my windows so i downloaded Windows Update.reg on Tenforumand tried starting it, after i started it it showed me the following words : Services The Windows Update service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automaticaly if they are not...
  3. How To Fix Windows Update Service Not Be Able To Start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Fix Windows Update Service Not Be Able To Start: I cant update my windows so i downloaded Windows Update.reg on Tenforumand tried starting it, after i started it it showed me the following words : Services The Windows Update service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automaticaly if they are not...
  4. How To Fix Windows Update Service Not Be Able To Start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows service not starting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows service not starting: Hi,Only one service on Windows server 2016 standard is not starting.Below is the error:Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not...
  6. Windows service not starting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows service not starting: Hi,Only one service on Windows server 2016 standard is not starting.Below is the error:Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not...
  7. Software Protection Service doesn't start when needed.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Software Protection Service doesn't start when needed.: Hi Everyone, Everytime I try to start my Outlook, excel etc. it will give me a message: We're sorry, but Excel has run into an error that is preventing it from working correctly. Excel will need to be closed as a result. Would you like us to repair now? I have to open...
  8. How to Start the ClipSVC service?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to Start the ClipSVC service?: Microsoft Store was not opening and on looking in service i found out that ClipSVC service is stopped. I tried to start it but it is not starting at all. Can anyone please tell me how to start the ClipSVC service. [ATTACH]...
  9. How to prevent Service, being start by another Service ?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent Service, being start by another Service ?: Hello, how do i prevent Service being started, by another Service. Intel(R) Dynamic Application Loader Host Service is starting IP Helper and i don't want tunneling IPv6 over IPv4. I tried to disable both services, but they are still starting. First service is running,...
  10. How can I start these services?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I start these services?: How can I start these services? [img] 89333